Metatrader4 / Linux / Signals

Hi, I'd like to use Metatrader4 with Linux and I'm using the newest version of Crossover for that.
The install is smooth, runs just fine, also the trades are fine.

The problem that I have is that I cannot get signals to work - I connect my account from mql5.com over "Tools --> Options --> Community", so far so good.

But then, I cannot do anything the tab signals, it says "Signal: not connected, select from the signals database".

When I click that link, I get an Internet Explorer Browser Window which doesn't work and doesn't show me anything.

Obviously it is bound to IE which is not working.

==> Thumb up or down?

Kind regards
Michael

Hello, unfortunately Signals Service not work in the Linux.

Hi Michael

I use MT4 in Linux Mint via Crossover.  I don't have a fix for your problem as I haven't tried to use signals.  But I have been able to change a Crossover setting so that when I click on an EA or Indy in the codebase section at the bottom of the terminal to read more about it it will actually open the web page with my native linux browser (instead of it trying to open it with IE).

Open Crossover app, go 'tools' at the top > 'manage bottles' >  select your bottle on the left that represents your mt4 install > 'advanced' at top right and click 'Use native internet browser by default'.

I don't think I had to restart mt4 for it to take effect - but not certain on that.

Not sure if that is of any help but maybe it is a start in the right direction.

Cheers, Lu

Hello,

Why dont try install VMware on Your Linux and start MetaTrader on installed Windows

Michael Kress:

Hi, I'd like to use Metatrader4 with Linux and I'm using the newest version of Crossover for that.
The install is smooth, runs just fine, also the trades are fine.

The problem that I have is that I cannot get signals to work - I connect my account from mql5.com over "Tools --> Options --> Community", so far so good.

But then, I cannot do anything the tab signals, it says "Signal: not connected, select from the signals database".

When I click that link, I get an Internet Explorer Browser Window which doesn't work and doesn't show me anything.

Obviously it is bound to IE which is not working.

==> Thumb up or down?

Kind regards
Michael

try to rent a virtual private host (online server) instead
Reason: