Grid Harvester MT4
This EA is famous (or infamous) grid strategy used by social traders.
Its goal is to harvest most out of trending market (on automatic mode) taking advantage of corrections in trends. It can be also used by experienced traders on manual trading. This kind of system is being used by most successful social traders having 500+ paid subscribers.
Combine your trading experience with this automatic strategy! It contains grid for GBPJPY that is easily scalable on other currencies.
You can also build grid on your own from scratch!
Grid strategy can be tested in Open Prices Only mode with low modeling quality (the results are only slightly different). Thanks to that possibility, you can test millions of combinations in no time. While looking for a suitable grid on every tick can take months, this strategy allows you to find good solutions even on very slow computers.
The strategy also supports stop loss option not to get wiped out completely.
- Test it on GBPJPY 06.2012 - 11.2013 at any timeframe (every tick). For open prices only, you should use M1 timeframe.
- Other pairs: CHFJPY, EURJPY, CADJPY, USDJPY.
- Can be also tested on any other currency pair with a trending market (for example, GBPUSD 06.2013-11.2013) or oscillating market.
The Expert Advisor is very easy to configure. Send me private messages for more details or watch the MetaTrader 4 version video tutorial.
Watch YouTube presentation and screenshots.
Of course, a backtest cannot tell you everything you need. For example, GBPUSD is now changing direction to a downward trend (at ~1.64000 on 02.12.2013).
It's a good opportunity to use the grid strategy to benefit from that fall. Test previous up and down trends to adjust the best grid for this pair. You need to use a little brain to have results with this strategy, not just run it wild. Or "run it wild" only when you think the up/down trend is going to continue.
JPY pairs are good for automated trading as Japan is facing default and inflating its currency (yet it does not guarantee success).
The strategy has both MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 versions.
1.25 versions additionally supports:
- A bool variable with a possibility of automatically adjusting lot size and money management, if easy_lot size is too small for certain account (for example, non-micro accounts).
- Added option for the script to wait for certain start price. It helps to trade and makes testing and counting drawdawns a little bit easier.
- Trailing stop in percentage of the maximum profit (set to 75%, closes position if profit draws down below 75% of the maximum profit).
- Also allows to set minimum basket size to use trailing stop (small basket trailing stop is not so beneficial as with bigger basket).
Watch my MetaTrader 4 signals to see implementation of the script (both manual and automatic).
- added dynamic close/open scalable by atr
- added shortcut to presets
- fixed buy position open error
- critical update for trading mechanism, update from 5.36-5.38 as soon as possible.
- fixed Not Enough Money error
- "Trading Mode" moved to the top of options
- atr and adx scale now possible to lock in range (not to over or under-scale)
- added possibility of opening/closing single position manually at wish
- 4 different stop-loss methods now avaliable
- added YourAI FREE basic decision module. Now you can use external indicators as filters or signal source. For full YourAI module check PRO version.
- Fixed a serious bug related to Trailing Step
- over 20 built-in presets with possibility of using them as they are or modifying most of their settings. Thanks to that function, you can find new settings in no time
- added option to use "mathematic grid" (each grid position is closer to the one before by certain percent)
- added 11 built-in grid patterns
- modified scale options - now both ADX and ATR scale can be in desired scale range (example: 0.5x to 2.0x)
- added MA crossovers trade blockade not to open position against short-term trend (automatically used in most presets)
- added sum-pips stop loss; thanks to that function you can use multiple grids on one account. Even with scale options, the stop loss value will remain the same
- added speed-up graphics option for fast visual backtests (less accuracy, multiple times greater speed)
- added simple hedge function
WARNING: Removed the alpha automated module - do not update if you were using that option or contact me.
Old v3.x config files are compatible (reset to defaults before loading old config) but if you were using oscillation option, you need to enable it in "Manual/Automated Mode". Contact me if you have any doubts.
- Fixed PIPS SL graphics with oscillation mode.
- Major speed increase while back-testing in case of preset failure.
- Fixed minor errors.
Please update your EA as soon as possible (use save state to resume trading after the update).
- Added option to speed up math (by disabling line descriptions) while drawing GFX.
WARNING! In MT4 this option is DISABLED by default for back-testing purposes, ENABLE it on LIVE/DEMO trading.
- Added equity protection if the funds are too low for current preset (override possible).
- Added option to automatically adjust money management to protect part of the account. You will be able now invest 100%, 80%, 50%, 10% of the account and so on, just by selecting proper option from the list.
- Added oscillation mode. You can now program Grid to oscillate around selected moving average. (i created few presets for different currency pairs). Option is to scale the grid when ADX is rising - to avoid catching positions too soon in case of strong trend.
- Added built-in currency converter. If your account has different currency than USD, you may just input relation of your CUR/USD ratio and money management will be automatically adjusted.
- Fixed the graphics displaying "take profit" improperly.
Please look up Comments tab for presets for other currency pairs.
- Loading now only occurs at start
- Fixed displaying lot amount while loading save-state
- Removed debug messages
- Fixed option to close all transactions from menu
- Added a delay possible between closing and opening new transaction.
- Added an option to enable price level to stop the script from starting new trades (yet current transaction remains open).
- Added currency stop loss (if drawdawn exceeds that settings, stop-loss kicks in).
- Optimized the default GBP/JPY grid using new functions.
- Added history of GBPJPY in csv for 1m open prices download.
Alpha changes (use them at your own risk!):
- Added automated trading in ALPHA mode - very little tests. No default settings. Please backtest, test and report your observations in private messages.
- Added an option to close the trades with current profit/loss without restarting the script.
- Added better function description.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Simple manual mode - use "transaction mode" to start new transactions (set transaction type, accept and return to "No action" unless you want more than one transaction in a row).
- Added Take Profit details after pointing with cursor (equity gains in currency and percent).
- Added Stop Loss graphics representation.
- Changed graphics drawing mode (now all graphics are left on the chart).
- Fixed real-time level update after changing for example scale - now the changes will be instantly visible on the chart.
- Added ATR scaled grid. Try this option out - it may be very useful to stretch the grid at violate market (you need to find right period and time-frame). ADX support on its way.
- Added "fast mode" for non-graphical tests.
- Added experimental usage of the ADX for scaling the grid.
- Added description on the graphic lines - point mouse cursor over line to see equity drawdawn by currency, equity drawdawn and margin by percent of the balance.
- Fixed delayed trading (start price).
- Graphics for MetaTrader 4 version is still in progress.