Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 268

honest_knave:

It is very unlikely that ema_red will exactly equal ema_purple, even if it looks that way on the chart.

You can read up on it here if you want more information about using == with doubles.

If you are checking for a cross, you need to look at the positions on the previous bar and compare them to the positions on the current bar e.g. 

honest_knave

Thank you for your response, that's exactly what i thought of after observing and waiting for action from the EA, 

I have a problem though: how to implement the code that will determine the position on the previous bar and the position on the current bar 

Do you perhaps have a piece of code that can do that or an EA which makes use of that so I can get it from there?

double previous_ema_red = iMA(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

double now_ema_red      = iMA(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Hi,

I would like to ask how can I get cotton's price in EURO instead of USD in the METATRADER4 platform of a BROKER?

Sorry for the ignorance but I've recently started to work with METATRADER4.

Thanks in advance for your time!

NicoEfst:

Hi,

I would like to ask how can I get cotton's price in EURO instead of USD in the METATRADER4 platform of a BROKER?

Sorry for the ignorance but I've recently started to work with METATRADER4.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Commodities prices are usually in USD, gold is available in euros as well (as a trading instrument) in many brokers.

honest_knave:

Thank you very much, I will try using that code

Eleni Anna Branou:

Commodities prices are usually in USD, gold is available in euros as well (as a trading instrument) in many brokers.
Thanks!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

ASCTREND SYSTEM DEVELOPED 

Asctrend System, the beginning:

ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #1

ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #2

ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #3

ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #4

Digital ASCTrend (Digital Filters with ASCTrend system combined). 

The Theory. 

• trading on open bar' and 'trading on close bar' concept 
  • Re-enter: practical example about how to trade asctrend manually with re-enter options.

Manual Trading statements  

Second version of this manual trading system and for now - asctrend indicator together with NRTR indicator

First version of AsctrendND EA.

Next version of AsctrendND EA (verion 1.02) with TrendStrength filter added. 

Summaries

1. How to Start with MT5, a summary ! (incl the previous thread:How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning)

2. All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

3. ASCTREND SYSTEM summary (incl 2 good EAs to download - with the settings and trading results)

4. BRAINTRADING SYSTEM HowTo

5. PriceChannel Parabolic system (incl 2 versions of the EA - with the settings and trading results)

6. Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created - with the settings and trading results)

7. Ichimoku

8. Financial and trading videos - Table of Contents

9. All about Calendar tab and Macro Economic Events

10. All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming

Reason: