Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Asctrend System, the beginning:
ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #1
ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #2
ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #3
ASCTrend system, the beginning, part #4
Digital ASCTrend (Digital Filters with ASCTrend system combined).
Manual Trading statements
Second version of this manual trading system and for now - asctrend indicator together with NRTR indicator
First version of AsctrendND EA.
Next version of AsctrendND EA (verion 1.02) with TrendStrength filter added.
1. How to Start with MT5, a summary ! (incl the previous thread:How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning)
2. All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
3. ASCTREND SYSTEM summary (incl 2 good EAs to download - with the settings and trading results)
4. BRAINTRADING SYSTEM HowTo
5. PriceChannel Parabolic system (incl 2 versions of the EA - with the settings and trading results)
6. Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created - with the settings and trading results)
8. Financial and trading videos - Table of Contents
9. All about Calendar tab and Macro Economic Events
10. All about MQL5 Wizard : create robots without programming
Sergey Golubev, 2016.07.13 11:36
How To Trade - Heiken Ashi indicator and How Does It Work (adapted from the article)
Heikin-Ashi chart looks like the candlestick chart, but the method of
calculation and plotting of the candles on the Heikin-Ashi chart is
different from the candlestick chart. In candlestick charts, each
candlestick shows four different prices: Open, Close, High and Low
But Heikin-Ashi candles are different and each candle is calculated and plotted using some information from the previous candle:
1- Open price: the open price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is the average of the open and close of the previous candle.
2- Close price: the close price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is the average of open, close, high and low prices.
3- High price: the high price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is chosen from one
of the high, open and close price of which has the highest value.
4- Low price: the low price in a Heikin-Ashi candle is chosen from one
of the low, open and close price of which has the lowest value.
So candles of a Heikin-Ashi chart are related to each other because
the open price of each candle should be calculated using the previous
candle close and open prices, and also the high and low price of each
candle is affected by the previous candle. So a Heikin-Ashi chart is
slower than a candlestick chart and its signals are delayed.
The Heikin-Ashi chart is delayed and the candlestick chart is much
faster and helps us to make more profit. Why should we use a Heikin-Ashi
chart then? As it was already explained, because of the delay that the
Heikin-Ashi chart has, it has less number of false signals and prevent
us from trading against the market. On the other hand, Heikin-Ashi
candles are easier to read because unlike the candlesticks they don’t
have too many different patterns.
Free to DownloadThere are many Heiken Ashi indicators (and EA) on MT5 CodeBase, for example :
Trading signals module based on Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed indicator
Heiken Ashi Smoothed
An Example of a Trading System Based on a Heiken-Ashi Indicator
I want to remind the following links:
MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account
MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account
MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help - Connecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account
Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android
GE Mladen and Mtiwana Sirs
i have found the following indicators in this forum
1. TriangularMA centered bands - mtf - alerts......Does this repaint as i read it somewhere?
2. EMA extrapolated keeps on changing
If these do repaint could you help and tell some other indicators
Thank you in advance'