MT4 to Telegram - page 2

I have learned the code a lot from Andrey Voytenko to write my ea in the article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2355. The library has the SendMessage and SendPhoto function, focus on these steps:

Step 1: Declare the bot

CCustomBot bot;

string token = "208375865:AAFnuOjlZ3Wsdan6PAjeqqUtBybe0Di1or8";

bot.Token(token);

Step 2a: The way to use SendMessage

int SendMessage(const string channel_name,
                const string text)

Step 2b: The way to use SendPhoto:

first:

int SendChatAction(const long chat_id,
                   const ENUM_CHAT_ACTION actiona)
then
int SendPhoto(const long   chat_id,
              const string local_path,
              string       &photo_id,
              const string caption=NULL,
              const bool   common_flag=false,
              const int    timeout=10000)

or

int SendPhoto(const long chat_id,
              const string photo_id,
              const string caption=NULL)

so you just only use that function in your code. You can even modify the code for your needs. I still look ahead to him writing the code how to send text from Telegram to MT4.

How to create bots for Telegram in MQL5
How to create bots for Telegram in MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
During the F8 conference held in San Francisco on 12th of April in 2016, Facebook announced the integration of API for bots into the Messenger. The same day a major update for the Telegram Bot Platform was released. Version 2.0 has pleasantly surprised with its functionality. It seems that bots that used to be popular in the ICQ era are now...

Additionally you can create buttons that interact with Metatrader that can give you full control over your EA by either putting in a command or clicking a predefined button.

Hello everyone my name is lipson masweneng I'm trayin to copy other traders but I'm not able to do so because i don't know where that option to copy other trader's is located on the platform someone who know can help me.

lipsonmasweneng:
Hello everyone my name is lipson masweneng I'm trayin to copy other traders but I'm not able to do so because i don't know where that option to copy other trader's is located on the platform someone who know can help me.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.04.10 10:02

Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:

1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.

3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.

4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe. 

5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.

6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.

7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:

• Agree to the terms of use of the signals service
  • Enable real time signal subscription
  • Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levels
  • Synchronise positions without confirmations

8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.

9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty. 

10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.

11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long. 

12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.

13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.

14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.

15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next. 

16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service

17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.

Sergey Golubev:
You can make a search for the decision - for example this thread: Telegram 4 MQL - A .NET library for exchanging messages between Metatrader and Telegram 
or order it in Freelance for example.
Hi, there is a successor for this library, this time open source: https://mmm.steven-england.info or https://GitHub.com/stevenengland/mmm

Matthew Todorovski:
What about Telegram to MetaTrader please?
You could use the GetUpdates function. You need to periodically check for incoming messages from MQL code and parse the received messages for Relevant content (allowed users to send commands, the actual commands or text snippets you want to handle).

I've written a sender (from MT5 to Telegram), but now unsure how to receive the Telegram information back to another MT5 account.

WebRequest is only to send right? What's the call to get information back from telegram? 

I've checked MQL5 forums, Youtube and other forums, and couldn't find relevant content.

Global Finance Trading #:

I've written a sender (from MT5 to Telegram), but now unsure how to receive the Telegram information back to another MT5 account.

WebRequest is only to send right? What's the call to get information back from telegram? 

I've checked MQL5 forums, Youtube and other forums, and couldn't find relevant content.

With the telegram bot API?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Did you even bother to read the article? It is right there at the end of it!

Today's people have no pride in themselves. They want everything spoon-fed right into their mouths and are even too lazy to move their heads.

Put some effort into it!

It pains me and some even insult you and call you all kind of names because you would have denied to spoon feed them... They dont realise how much time and resources used to create such

Reason: