News Trader EA

This is News Trader EA created by Igorad.

Besides, we may use this EA to draw the lines with text on the chart when the news coming.

Explanation of the settings and how to use this EA you may find in the next posts.

----------------------------------------------

Version 2.

- Please find attached the version of NewsTrader_v2 EA..

Version 3.

- Please find attached new NewsTrader_v3 version.

- Please find text file for the next week (from 14th till 21st of January). This text file will be updated weekly so check this post every week.

Changes in NewsTrader_v3 version:

- FridayEnd option was added: to close the trades in Friday earlier.

- StopTrade option was excluded from the settings.

- Money management. LossMax is 1000 by default value. But if LossMax=0 so we can trade with %MaxRisk of Balance and in this case (in case of LossMax=0 MaxRisk is % from Balance). So we have two kind of Money management: % from Balance and usual "lot increasing/decreasing depends on the profit or loss".

- SessionEnd value was changed depending on timeframe. For example, if we are trading on M5 timeframe and SessionEnd=24 so EA will close the order at 23:55. Thus EA will take into consideration our timeframes bar. It will help us to avoid some errors.

- all the orders (opened and pending) from last news event will be closed before placing new pending orders. So we can trade many news in a day. We even can trade all the news.

- if EA places one perding order instead of two so this one order will be closed. It will reduce the risk of using this EA during some errors or disconnection.

Version 4.

- Please find the version of NewsTrader_v4 EA.:

Currency and rating filters were added.

Version 5.

- Please find the next version of NewsTrader_v5 EA:

hedge and trailing of opposite orders were added according to to chrisstoff's idea.

Version 6.

- Please find EA (version #6), example of forex calendar in text file and SetsFile.

- this version is having possibility of input of external (different) settings for each type of news. Set you setting in SetsFile. Last number in text calendar is number of the settings.

---------------------------------------

Version 5.1

No need any text file anymore!

Please find new version in NewsTrader51_webget.zip file. This version is taking the news directly from our calendar Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars

How to install:

- place EA (NewsTrader_v5.1) to \experts folder;

- place .mqh file (WebGet) to \experts\include folder;

- place .dll file (WebGet.dll) to \experts\libraries folder.

Settings.

The settings are the same as for Version #5. Only differencies are CalendarID.

CalendarID is the number of calendar in our forex-tsd tool here Forex-Tsd Calendar :: Calendars

CalendarID=4 is my calendar. Or you may registre here and create your own calendar with your own ID and trade yours.

Read this post to know which version/settings are the best and why.

Version 5.3

Two kinds of the settings are attached.

- Currency and Rating filters are improved;

- fixed next news in comments on the chart;

- added Previous news in comments;

- calendar file is created with name, which contain start date of current week.

- 5.3 version with 5 digits broker: this post.

- NewsTrader_v5.3_ecn EA is on this post. It is ecn/stp version of this EA with auto digit for broker's price.

- NewsTrader_v5.3_ecn+mafilter EA is on this post. With this Ea you would just have it place the orders 50 pips from when the news happens with Ma as a trend confirmation.

Version 5.5 with ECN Mode

- ECN Mode is added: Istant Orders Execution with modification of SL and TP instead of pending orders.

- Straddle Mode is added: it means that we have possibility to open orders in different directions if ECN Mode = true. This option works only with brokers which allow hedge.

- EA is on this post, settings example is on this post.

NewsTrader_v5.8 EA is on this post. Some new options:

-works without WebGet.dll on almost all Windows versions(Vista, 7 and others)

-improved Calendar view

-added China events (CNY)

-improved Trailing Stop and BreakEven agrorithm with Stepped Trailing Stop

-ECN and Straddle mode

-new display options

----------------------------------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

News Trader EA

Sergey Golubev, 2023.03.21 16:19

NewsTrader_v6.3 600+ EA was uploaded on post  #42
And read whole this thread ( News Filter Not Working. What is the new alternative??? ) with good discussion about how to code and which news web source to select and HowTo for example.

Explanation of the settings.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/5062-news-trader-ea#comment_122317

Please note: after placing the new text file or updating this file you need to restart Metatrader with attached EAs (or re-attach EAs) to initialize them.

explanation and how EA works:

- https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/5062-news-trader-ea#comment_122317

- https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/exclusive/5062-news-trader-ea#comment_122319

Please note: discussion about settings are still going on.

More detailed explanation about what to do step by step:

- download EA, text calendar file and text SetsFile (for version 6).

- change the time in text time according to your broker time. Change the settings for every type of news (for version #6). I am GMT time (DST off) in text file.

- place file in /file folder in MetaTrader's directory, for example:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\files (for trading)

and

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\tester\files (for backtesting)

- place EAs in /experts in MetaTrader's directory of your computer, for example:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts.

- change name of text file in EA: open EA in MetaEditor, change name of text file according to your text file and compile EA.

- you may use different settings just to select the better ones. Or use your own settings and pairs and so on. Besides you may do your own text file see this thread about how to make it). In this case use different magic numbers as well. You may trade NFP only (once per months), or follow my text file/settings. Or trade all or some particular economoc indicator you want.

ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5 indicator with currency and ratings filter, with autodetection of Time Zone and with read-calendar-correctly bug fixed is here;

ScheduleTrader EA:

everything is on this public thread.

ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5 fiboindicator with pivots and some comments is on this post;

ForexTSD_Time indicator will help to know GMT time; it is on this post.

FXstreet_Calendar_v2 indicator is on this post.

---------------

NewsTrader_v6a EA is on this post. It is improved version #6 with the auto 5 digit code added.

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

Text files.

This EA is using text file.

For backtesting you should place this txt file to this folder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\tester\files

For forward testing (demo or real trading) the txt file should be in C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\experts\files

We may backtesting EA using the files from the post #1.

It is exactly what I am doing now

But we should write our own files for the January 2007 for example. Using this website (rating = 3 is red color) http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar&s=&week=&timezoneoffset=&month=12&year=2006 or some other websites with news.

It is not difficult.

And do not forget to set the time for the news (in news website and in text file as well) according to your broker time. And in this case TimeZone is 0 by default.

News Reader

Hi Newdigital,

There is an application posted to Forex Factory forum that - I think - is able to convert FF calendar to .csv file. Do you think that application can be combined with or implemented into NewsTrader_v2 EA? That would make the process and the operation of the EA fully automatic.

Happy New Year!

chrisstoff:
Hi Newdigital,

There is an application posted to Forex Factory forum that - I think - is able to convert FF calendar to .csv file. Do you think that application can be combined with or implemented into NewsTrader_v2 EA? That would make the process and the operation of the EA fully automatic.

Happy New Year!

May be ...

But you know ... It may be difficulties:

- Forexfactory is different forum.

- Besides Igorad's NewsTrader_v2 is the first version of this kind of EA. Igorad PM'ed to me that he wants to improve/develop this EA more and waiting for the some ideas. He is ready to program more improved versions.

- and as you know there are many News Traders EAs selling on ebay and on the other forums. Igorad's NewsTrader_v2 is the first such a kind of EA which is free one (well, almost free, let's say, because everything which is hidden will be free anyway you know).

So I think we should have our forex calender. We did not develop any fundamental indicators/calendar yet. We are having just this publc section: Analytics. And many people are still asking: "what this Analytics section for". But this section is fully related to our future forex calendar.

Look at the forum: we are developing something which is related with technical analysis only. And we did not disscuss any ecomonical indicators and news.

I can not do it alone

Some people came to technical analysis via fundamental analysis. The other people like me trying to understand economical indicators through techical indicators and trading. We can not do anything important without this fundamental knowledge. We will be limited.

Few months ago I invited Nen (Harmonic section) from the other forum to our forum to represent his indicator. I got everything from the members of that forum you can imagine

We do not have co-operation with forexfactory yet so it may be a problem.

Newstrader

Found these indicators in my computer think they use the internet to access Forex Factory Economic calender maybe can incorporate into Newstrader E.A.

Regards

mrtools

Files:

Newstrader

The other one

Files:
getnewsff.mq4  9 kb

Thanks a lot.

Just hope that we will be able to develop our own forum calendar.

This development may be started on our public Analytics section. But any deep development is possible in elite section only: because, sorry it will cost money.

So what i am using:

- this website http://eurusd.ru/analitika_02.php

- alpari calender http://www.alpari-idc.ru/ru/analytics/calendar/

Sorry it is in Russian language.

I tried to use news from forexfactory but sorry they are posting not all the news. So I had to find something different according to my language for example.

Igorad created the EA which he could create for us: we have text file and may fill this text file by any news we feel may be important.

Just fully related to our educational ... : Just hope that we will be able to develop our own forum calendar.

And I have few books to read about it (pdf files):

- Cowell, F.A. - Microeconomics. Principles and analysis;

- Cochrane-NewFactsInFinance;

- Bloomberg,.The Trader's Guide to Key Economic Indicators.[2004.ISBN1576601390];

- M.Thomsett - Mastering Fundamental Analysis;

and few books in Russian language.

Just to start something. Or to understand what about other people will post.

Newstrader

Yes Newdigital an world Forex fundamental calender for this forum would be a good thing.

Regards

mrtools

Newdigital,

As you probably know FXCM has a sophisticated economic calendar that is available also in Excel form (I attach the latest one here).

Although, I do not know whether it is free or copyrighted?

Files:

Tomorrow we will have the news: NFP (Non-farm Payrolls).

This economical indicator is coming once per month.

At 13:30 GMT.

So we may test our NewTrader (see post #1 of this thread).

As we know this EA is using text files to trade the news. And our text file for tomorrow will look like this:

2007.01.05;14:30;USD;NFP 01;3;

Please note that 14:30 is NFP for Alpari broker (GMT+1).

If you use the other broker so change the time in your text file according to your broker.

And keep default settings of TimeZone (it should be 0 in this case).

And change name of the file to your name.

Or just do the following:

- download my text file and EA from this post,

- change the time in text time according to your broker time,

- place file in /file folder in MetaTrader's directory,

- place EA in /experts in MetaTrader's directory of your computer,

- compile EA in MetaEditor,

- attach EA to M1 or M5 charts (GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY and EURUSD) with different magic number: every chart - different magic number.

- you may use different settings just to select the better ones. In this case use different magic numbers as well.

- wait for the news.

Files:
Reason: