News Trader EA - page 116

Ah OK I understand.

News 6.0 EA *can* trade CHINA news releases, the text file just has to be set up for the pair to actually trade off of. CNY news impacts USD pairs. So for a CNY news release, the text file could be edited to trade EUR/USD chart with the EA on it by editing the text file for the correct time/date/order details and specifying the USD as the currency in the text file (the 6.0 EA doesnt actually "read" the calendar as I thought). So the EA itself is really just a basic "dumb" straddle EA that prints the text file info on the screen...should work fine! Thanks!

Anyone who wants more really good news trades, you might want to investigate the high-impact CNY news releases and watch what they can do to USD pairs....some good opportunities there during a normally quiet time of day....

Odysseus

yes CNY as a currency is generally not tradeable with most brokers.

However, CNY news releases can and do have a LARGE impact on USD pairs. If anyone wishes to verify this or investigate, just look at the CNY news calendar at FF and look at the response in USD pairs for high impact CNY news. Dont take my word for it. The impact and spikes can be pretty crazy, especially relative to the usual movements in that session....As the point of the news trader EA is to make MONEY from NEWS RELEASES, it makes sense to me that some traders (including me) would want to take advantage of those opportunities, and again the news EA 6.0 CAN do it, it just needs manual setup in the text files.

It would make sense to update the forex-tsd calendar at some point IMO but I realize you may not get to it any time soon Newdigital, I wasnt trying to get you to do it. Again, that is not relevant, the 6.0 EA is fully capable of watching for those trades as I described, so update of the EA or calendar isnt actually an issue for me.

Odysseus

odysseus11:

Anyone who wants more really good news trades, you might want to investigate the high-impact CNY news releases and watch what they can do to USD pairs....some good opportunities there during a normally quiet time of day....

Odysseus

Yes, I will try to update tsd calendar for CNY news events.

When I made this calendar so I made Event Patterns first for all the symbols/events. After that - I made Event Types for all the symbols/events with the links to receive actual data. And those descriptions were not copy from FF or from any other calendar as I had to do it by myself understanding the content in the same time.

To do it for CNY - I should to repeat the same job ... But it will not be quickly as I am doing this calendar alone so ...

As to trade pairs with CNY - as I know:

- FXCM broker does not have any pair with CNY (they are having USD/RUR Russian Ruble but not CNY );

- Alpari rus/NZ does not have any pair with CNY too (they are having USD/HKD as Hong Kong dollar but not CNY);

- IBFX is not having CNY too (they are having USD/MXN as Mexico Peso but not any pairs with CNY or RMB).

Some people said that CNY is not freely available on the market.

Besides, I am not sure about how CNY will affect on USD or EUR for example. If we know exactly that CNY may be really important so I can do it.

So, if I will trade CNY news events using NewsTrader 5.3 in automatic way (trading tsd calendar) so I will receive "symbol not found" error.

As I remember - Oanda is having CNY/USD but I am not sure about their Metatrader.

It was CAD CPI core at 11 am GMT:

Files:
cad_cpi_core.jpg  146 kb

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: -31.

GBPUSD: 11.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: -85.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: 60.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

rogue trades in 6.0

Hi,

ND or anyone here who uses News 6.0, have you experienced any ROGUE trades that generate with no apparent reason? This happened to me today - see pic - NO news yet for NZD, and yet just at about the GBP news release time, my NZD/USD chart running 6.0 placed pending orders! I have NO idea why - I have attached my calendar and sets text files...I am baffled...BTW the GBP release on a GBP/USD chart running the EA did also place correct pending orders and hit TP, but anyway this is driving me bananas as I cant see any reason for the chart/EA to place these rogue orders!

THANKS so much for any help!

Odysseus

Files:
rogue.gif  33 kb
setsfile.txt  1 kb

Hi odysseus11,

I do not know this problem as I did not use this version for the long time.

Are you sure that EA is reading your set file?

I am not sure but try to backtest this EA - create text calendar for the past week and backtest to see how it is working.

It was good price movement and many pips in profit for Newstrader 53 during today's nfp.

Files:
gbpusd_nfp.jpg  79 kb
usdjpy_nfp.jpg  77 kb

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: -65.

GBPUSD: 91.

USDJPY: 125.

USDCHF: 227.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: -11.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).