News Trader EA - page 9

Choppy market after news

Well, the market was not smooth after today's leading news (US Retail Sales et al).

This was the kind of news that I was thinking of when I mentioned grid straddle: one can gain profit from both sides with that using tight initial order gaps and small grid distance - and a good broker with fixed spread and lightning speed implementation.

When the market went down the SELL_STOP orders should have been triggered and then also the Take Profit of the first tier of the straddle (at least, depending on the settings). Then when the price went up the BUY_STOP orders would have also been triggered and then their TPs, too.

NewsTrading_v2.0 Week ending 12 January

Statement of the news trading of last week is attached. Well, I have to practice this for a while before going live with it

I think I will focus on GBPUSD - if I can be staying before the screen in news time.

Files:

Calendar for 3rd week of Jan

Hi,

I've prepared the Calendar of Events for 3rd week of January 2007 according to Alpari's calendar (GMT) and some events for NZD from ForexFactory.

You can change the Calendar only for important events.

What do you think about important events?

Important:

Please change TimeZone according to your Broker's time:

for example, TimeZone=1 for Broker's' time GMT+1 and so on.

Files:

igorad:
Hi,

I've prepared the Calendar of Events for 3rd week of January 2007 according to Alpari's calendar (GMT) and some events for NZD from ForexFactory.

You can change the Calendar only for important events.

What do you think about important events?

Important:

Please change TimeZone according to your Broker's time:

for example, TimeZone=1 for Broker's' time GMT+1 and so on.

Or keep TimeZone =0 by default and change the time in text file according to your broker.

For example, if text file was written in GMT+1 (Alpari broker) so keep TimeZone =0 for Alpari.

Thanks a lot Igorad.

I updated first post of this thread with new version of EA and with explanation about changes.

Besides i created text file as well (on the first post). My text file is having 7 news events only.

Anyway people may use Igorad's text file, or mine, or combine their own text file.

Because new version of EA allows us to trade as many news per day as we want.

No trades for me for today.

Yes, no market swings today.

Which pairs are you trading tomorrow for CAD Rate Decision? USD/CAD, EURCAD, GBPCAD, JPYCAD?

c4n:
Yes, no market swings today. Which pairs are you trading tomorrow for CAD Rate Decision? USD/CAD, EURCAD, GBPCAD, JPYCAD?

I will test 4 majors: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF for every news in my text file. Why? I am not trading CAD. Just 4 majors.

I may update my last posts.

It was today. Was already.

GBP.

Producer Prices Input (PPI).

More higher value of PPI is more good for local currency (for GBPUSD is our case).

For example:

PPI Output (MoM): previous: 0.0%; forecasting 0.2%; new one 0.2%.

PPI Output (YoY): previous: 1.8%; forecasting 2.2%; new one 2.2%.

PPI Input (MoM): previous: 0.1%; forecasting 0.3%; new one 0.1%.

PPI Input (YoY): previous: 2.8%; forecasting 1.4%; new one 1.9%.

PPI Output Core (MoM): previous: 0.2%; forecasting 0.2%; new one 0.1%.

PPI Output Core (YoY): previous: 2.4%; forecasting 2.5%; new one 2.3%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/

EUR.

Industrial Production.

At at 11:00 GMT+1

or 10:00 GMT.

More higher value of Industrial Production is more good for national currency (for EUR in our case).

Ind. Production (MoM) - Nov: previous: -0.1%; forecasting 0.8%; new one 0.2%.

Ind. Production (YoY) - Nov: previous: 3.6%; forecasting 3.1%; new one 2.5%.

Where to look? here.

for tomorrow

Tomorrow we will have the following:

2007.01.16;15:00;CAD;Rate Decision;3;

Time here is in GMT+1 (see text file in post #1).

So we will have the following.

1. CAD.

BOC Interest Rate Decision.

At 14:00 GMT or 09:00 EST.

BOC Interest Rate Decision: previous: 4.25%; forecasting 4.25%; new one will be tomorrow.

Where to see?

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/press/press-releases/?page_moved=1

newdigital:
I will test 4 majors: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF for every news in my text file. Why? I am not trading CAD. Just 4 majors.

But wouldn't it make more sense to test CAD related news on CAD pairs? Or just skip the news and trade only those related to 4 majors.

Reason: