News Trader EA - page 50

Difficulty with EA 5.3 EA Setup

I followed the suggestions listed in Post #1 for setting up NewsTrader 5.1 with the information for 5.3.

I currently show all 7 experts in my Expert Advisor Area, but I can't seem to get them to place onto the Chart.

Am I missing something? I'm a little confused.

I also download the indicator 1.5 and it appears to working fine.

Thanks for your help.

yezbick:
I followed the suggestions listed in Post #1 for setting up NewsTrader 5.1 with the information for 5.3.

I currently show all 7 experts in my Expert Advisor Area, but I can't seem to get them to place onto the Chart.

Am I missing something? I'm a little confused.

I also download the indicator 1.5 and it appears to working fine.

Thanks for your help.

You need version 5.3 only. Download it from first file and set it as 5,.1 version concerning webget.

SuzanneFX:
Hi ND...

For some reason... the news trader is not picking up this weeks news events.. The EA has been loaded since 5/4/07 and i havent had any problems with it.

I noticed it when its didnt pick up the NZD news at 6:45est, None of the charts are showing previous/upcoming/next.. is the EA being worked on .. or is anyone else having this problem?

It was the same with me.

Now should work.

I am trying to understand the problem.

Hi ND,

Thanks for this hard work and for this good EA.

I am trying to use V6, It is work good but with some notes:

1- TrailingStop and BreakEven is not working from SetsFile.

2- I hop that you add TimeGap and OrderDuration to the SetsFile.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards,

Safeer.

Safeer:
Hi ND,

Thanks for this hard work and for this good EA.

I am trying to use V6, It is work good but with some notes:

1- TrailingStop and BreakEven is not working from SetsFile.

2- I hop that you add TimeGap and OrderDuration to the SetsFile.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards,

Safeer.

We may ask Igorad as he is the author of all Newstrader EAs versions here.

I am just testing. BTW I did not test v6 yet.

SuzanneFX:
Hi ND...

For some reason... the news trader is not picking up this weeks news events.. The EA has been loaded since 5/4/07 and i havent had any problems with it.

I noticed it when its didnt pick up the NZD news at 6:45est, None of the charts are showing previous/upcoming/next.. is the EA being worked on .. or is anyone else having this problem?

It should work fine now. It was some problem with Metatrader/broker connection, or gap in data or something.

It should work now.

newdigital:
You need version 5.3 only. Download it from first file and set it as 5,.1 version concerning webget.

When I download version 5.3 I see that there are variations of the EA for each pair I.E. NewsTrader_v5.3_usdcad, NewsTrader_v5.3_gbpusd, etc. I placed all 7 of these in the Experts folder.

I also see that there are 2 WebGet files. One WebGet.dll which I placed in experts/library and the other which I placed in experts/include.

Are there any files that I'm missing? I still have the same problem of not being able to place any of the above mentioned EA's on the pair they are designed for.

All 7 of of the EA's in v5.3 are showing as light grey. Don't know if this is an issue or not though.

Thanks again for your help.

yezbick

Your Metatrader is updated?

I am having Build 204 (in Metatrader's menu on the top: "Help - About").

May be you did not compile EAs as well.

So, may be, you are having old build of Metatrader or you did not compile EAs in MetaEditor (open MetaEditor, then open EA and press F5).

Don't forget to allow live trading and DLL imports. Don't use "Confirm ...".

newdigital:
Your Metatrader is updated?

I am having Build 204 (in Metatrader's menu on the top: "Help - About").

May be you did not compile EAs as well.

So, may be, you are having old build of Metatrader or you did not compile EAs in MetaEditor (open MetaEditor, then open EA and press F5).

Don't forget to allow live trading and DLL imports. Don't use "Confirm ...".

Currently running 204. To compile former EA's all I did was close my broker software and reload.

Is there another way to compile?

Went into MetaEditor as you suggested and pressed compile. Appears to work now.

One more thing does the next news info automatically come up?

yezbick:
Currently running 204. To compile former EA's all I did was close my broker software and reload.

Is there another way to compile?

Went into MetaEditor as you suggested and pressed compile. Appears to work now.

One more thing does the next news info automatically come up?

M1 timerame is better.

Don't forget "allow live trading" in 2 places: in EA's settings (small window during the attaching to the chart) and n MetaTrader's settings.

Don't forget allow DLL and not allow confirmation.

Check calendar here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Probable, no any high impact 9rating=3) news today.

You may use your own settings or close trades manually. Most of the people are monitoring the trades to close it manually. I ma not closing manually (don't have time to monitor).

Reason: