News Trader EA - page 85

Check the following:

- allow dll

- allow live trading

and so on:

- confirm DLL function call should be off in the Tools menu of Metatrader.

- Allow Enable Expert Advisors and Allow live trading should be on in Tools menu of Metatrader.

- Allow DLL import and Allow external experts import should be on in Tools menu of Metatrader and in indicator's settings as well.

Hello NewDigital,

I have all that checked.

The problem apears on the VPS (windows server 2003).

Localy (on windows Vista) the EA works fine.

MT4 Build 217

Any sugestion please???

------------

I do not know ...

I am using remote control as well (i am not trading locally by EAs) and everything is fine.

It was same problem somewhere inside this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum where one or 2 members posted many times about some webget error which is same with your error... and it was fixed or explained ... do not remember sorry. Try to find as it was some reply from few people about it ...

but as I am on remote controll with EAs and do not have this problem so I did not link those posts sorry.

Files:

I send a ticket to my VPS provider about the problem with webget.dll under their VPS.

Their support said :

"Hello,

I believe this dll may not be compatible with x64 windows. It needs to be compiled with the x64 switch enabled. It is a drop-down box in the compiler where the programmer can select x32 or x64 windows.

I will login to your VE now and try a few things, however I am not confident I can get it to work.

I will update the ticket.

thank kyou,

Barry Bahrami

Commercial Network Services "

Anyone have solution for this??

jcosta:
I send a ticket to my VPS provider about the problem with webget.dll under their VPS. Anyone have solution for this??

Run it on a win32 native system. x64 is not widely used. No sense to have two versions without a x64 MT4.

This week results (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in pips:

EURUSD: -50.

GBPUSD: +165.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: +36.

NZDUSD: 0.

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Possible Bug Indeed....

rbchapin:
Hi ND,

I gave newstrader a try today and I noticed something strange when USDJPY's news event came up today. Just around 23:45 it kept on open and closing pending orders and when it finally stopped it only had one buy and one sell open waiting for the news event. I have attached my statement for you to have a look.

rbc

rbchapin,

I tested the News Trader for the first time today I had the same error you described in your post happen during a USDJPY news event. I've only looked at the source code for a few minutes, but I think the issue we are having is that our brokers deal with JPY currencies with 3 digit precision (as I'm using Velocity4x) instead of 2 digits. So what is most likely happening is that when the code calculates the gaps or the TP/SL, the stop levels are less than the minimum allowed. I'll try and look at the code during the weekend to see if this is the case.

If anyone knows if what I'm saying is incorrect, would you let me know so I don't change non-existing bugs? FYI - I'm using version 5.3

Possible Bug Fixation?

I like this V6 version very much, so I read through the code many times and I found that the open price might be the cause of deleting and replacing orders and, also, as noticed by the above post, when I change the price (underlined in italics to the BIG FONT) SellPrice or BuyPrice, this version became stable, I tried in DEMO, it sent out orders no problem, no deletion occurred, BUT, when I attached the EA to EURUSD and checked all currency pairs with different news for different currency in the calendar, I observed only EURUSD pending order in correct lots amount as in sets file, I don't know if that's the reason, could Igorad have a look please at the attached WORD file? I know nothing about coding, only try to understand.

Thanks

Jeandl

Also, there is another point in Trailing stop section, also in big font

Last week results (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in pips:

EURUSD: -50.

GBPUSD: +165.

USDJPY: -35.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: +36.

NZDUSD: 0.

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Bugs?

I'm starting to go over v6 now as I like the idea of have different settings based on the news event. After looking at the code for 5.3, the issue rbchapin and I was having can be easily fixed by adjusting the settings. Because our accounts use fractional lots (Point size of 0.00001 or 0.001), all that needs to be done is to multiply some of the extern variables by 10 (PendOrdGap, OrdersStep, TakeProfit, TrailingStop, InitialStop, and BreakEven). This will correct the placement of the orders. I'm planning to add code that will adjust these values automatically to version 6, and will post it when complete. Thanks Igorad for this great EA.

Reason: