Appears to be working now

Thanks for your help.

yezbick

yezbick:
I found ForexTSD_2007-05-13.csv is this the same as Calendar_2007-05-13

WebGet (Metatrader form) in experts/include

WebGet.dll in experts/libraries

EA's in experts folder

ForexTSD_2007-05-13.csv is created by indicator ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5.

igorad:
ForexTSD_2007-05-13.csv is created by indicator ForexTSD_Calendar_v1.5.

I think I found it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Do we need to update by downloading the information weekly?

yezbick:
I think I found it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum Do we need to update by downloading the information weekly?

I am creating calendar by Sunday evening (GMT evening). So it is better to re-start Metatrader on Sunday evening (to get new file).

I am getting the file to my Metatrader by restarting Metatrader. So you may do the same.

newdigital:
I am creating calendar by Sunday evening (GMT evening). So it is better to re-start Metatrader on Sunday evening (to get new file). I am getting the file to my Metatrader by restarting Metatrader. So you may do the same.

I'll do that.

Thanks again for all your hard work newdigital.

yezbick:
I think I found it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum Do we need to update by downloading the information weekly?

The EA should update the Calendar weekly without re-initialization because it should download information after the first tick on new week.

Trading News on GBPJPY

Can this EA be used on other pairs like the GBPJPY? If so what needs to be done to trade this pair? I see that we can change the options to true for GBP, JPY, USD.

Is this all that is neccesary or has the EA been individualized to meet each pairs movements?

Thanks again for all you help.

yezbick:
Can this EA be used on other pairs like the GBPJPY? If so what needs to be done to trade this pair? I see that we can change the options to true for GBP, JPY, USD.

Is this all that is neccesary or has the EA been individualized to meet each pairs movements?

Thanks again for all you help.

Yes, the EA can be used on other pairs.

Also we should remember that we can make backtesting for each pair to find better settings. But it's huge work, because we should have huge volume of historical data(M1 or maybe ticks) for each pair. Besides we should understand how much time we need for this purpose.

Backtesting

Interesting Thread, and Thank you for thinking of me.

I'm very busy but would like to contribute.

Question is;

Would the EA be able to backtest while reading the txt file that contains all the news?

Also, how far back does the txt news file go ?

If it's simply a matter of grabbing the files, running the EA and letting it download the latest news file, then I am able to backtest it on some pairs. I will also have to update my tick data, but, what do you think ?

Tross

Reason: