News Trader EA - page 15

Please find updated statements (forward testing). In pips.

Results are not bad. Only changes I will make for the next week are the following:

I will change stop loss for GBPUSD from 50 to 20.

And will use more stronger currency filter for USDCAD and USDJPY.

I am testing the EAs attached (default settings).

Yes, need to reduce SL... i've made big losses yesterday, during the GBP news... the spike was so big... both of my pending orders was declenched...

Need to optimize my setttings...

Please find the statements for this EA.

And text file/calendar for the next week.

It was some loss for GBP (see statements) because of big stop loss value 50. It should be less of course.

Don't forget to change the settings for NFP on Friday.

Files:

NFP Trade February 2, 2007

I attach some images taken from today's NFP trade.

Today we have a fine whipsaw that can be trade effectively by the micro grid straddle that I mentioned here several times.

On the images you can check out how it works.

Yes I think it may be good idea.

chrisstoff:
I attach some images taken from today's NFP trade.

Today we have a fine whipsaw that can be trade effectively by the micro grid straddle that I mentioned here several times.

On the images you can check out how it works.

Impressive...

could you explain how did you set NewsTrader EA to get these results ?

Thanks

dswk:
Impressive...

could you explain how did you set NewsTrader EA to get these results ?

Thanks

Thank you

Well, I tried to modify NewsTrader EA to make it able to put several pending orders to both side of the market price, i.e. to set a mini grid straddle but I have not been skilled enough to manage it. Since my modification experiment did not go through, the modified EA did not work, so today I put that orders in manually.

This case the lack of OCO was advantageous: the SELLSTOP orders remained active and when the whipsaw came they functioned well. This way the profit was doubled.

newdigital:
Yes I think it may be good idea.

Yes, in certain situations this method can double the profit.

It would be nice if Igorad had time to examine whether it is possible to build the mini grid straddle setting function into the code.

Just spoke with him by PM and he said that he will try to do something like your idea next week.

newdigital:
Just spoke with him by PM and he said that he will try to do something like your idea next week.

Thank you, Newdigital!

I highly appreciate your and Igorad's hard work that help this community to get better chance for making money!

Reason: