News Trader EA - page 92

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in pips.

EURUSD: -50.

GBPUSD: +346.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: 0.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in pips.

EURUSD: -76.

GBPUSD: -139.

USDJPY: +64.

USDCHF: -29.

USDCAD: +29.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: -59.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: +312.

AUDUSD: -33.

USDCAD: -28.

NZDUSD: +14.

---------------

This week did not finish yet but it is since 15th of March (this week):

EURUSD: +317.

GBPUSD: +173.

USDJPY: -101.

USDCHF: +142.

USDCAD: 0.

---------------

Files:

Timing of News Events

newdigital,

I have a question about the times posted on the Calender.

Is the time that is posted GMT time or EST.

The reason I ask is that for NFP for April 03, 2009, the time posted is:

12:30:00 PM

The PM is what is throwing me off. If is EST, the would be 12:30 PM, Friday April 3.

But if it is 12:30 GMT, then the EST time would be GMT+4, which would make it 16:30 PM.

The reason I ask, is that I am trying to determine which time I insert in my Calander txt file: 12:30 or 16:30?

Does this make sense?

Thank you.

Nfp

oops I forgot mention. The broker I will be testing News Trader on is PFG, which an ECN.

Their broker time is GMT+3, which would mean a time of either 15:30

(12:30+3) OR 19:30(16:30+3) would be the time I insert into the Calendar text file.

Does this make any sense to you?

When you register with calendar so you will see "Options". So, go there and set the time.

I am making the calendar (writing the events) for the next week during the weekends. It means: I will fill those NFP on Sunday 29th + will make some preliminary calendar for April 5 -11.

I have GMT+0 in my "Options". Just to count easy between my local timezone, EST, MSK and GMT and some more.

Register and go to the options and set the time.

NFP is at 12:30 GMT

am is morning at midnight.

pm is evening after 12 afternoon.

12:30 GMT (+0) or 12:30 PM GMT (+0), or at 08:30 am at US Eastern Time zone.

Besides, after registration with calendar, you may go to my calendar (ID 4) and you will find the description for every news event with websource. It means: the website where to receive the actual value from.

NFP is here: Employment Situation Summary and in the end of the page - time for next release.

I am making calendar on Sunday for the week. Why on Sunday? Because I am not busy on Sunday.

In 2007 it was signal calendar. ID #15. Some members know it. I made the signal calendar (buy/sell orders at the market price) on Sunday for the next week. I mean: on Sunday I filled when EURUSD will go to buy and the time when. So, I filled everything as predicted for the next week and traded it using SignalTrader EA.

I used Ichimoku indicator for D1 timeframe to predict the levels for pending orders for the next week. SignalTrader EA traded every day. It was good performance and I posted the statements every week and traded it live as well for myself.

Later on I moved ID #15 to pending mode. I am busy ...

Just some history.

In your case it is at 15:30 or 03:30 PM.

But some brokers will change the time (DST) ... and GMT is always GMT ...

what ECN for you is MSK for me ...

It is better to use GMT.

So, to make it easy: go to the calendar, register and go to the Options and set the time at

"GMT Western Europe ....."

with

"with DST off"

with time format

"24 hours"

with start of week

"Sunday".

After that you will see everything in GMT.

Because Alpari broker is at GMT+1 now. Later it will be GMT+2 ... in winter - GMT+1 ... so the brokers are changing the time, and time for events are changed sometimes. But GMT is always GMT (with DST off).

If I confused with something so sorry: "calendar day" (to make the calendar) is Sunday for me every week.

Reason: