News Trader EA - page 33

NewsTrader V6 stopped working....?!

I posted a problem with the EA but I solved it already (datetime issues) so I removed the post.

Good luck tomorrow morning everyone!

--Tal

Files:
screen.gif  13 kb

Just a suggestion..

How does it look?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176053/page44

I found it very interesting

it also put the moment of the news

Maybe we could make the indicator as attractive as that one?

Files:

This EA may act as an indicator as well:

DisplayLine = false; // Display Line Option (Visualization mode) DisplayText = false; // Display Text Option (Visualization mode)

If true so EA will draw the lines and text on upcoming news.

----------------------------

Please find the statement. Some orders are still opened and it will be closed today.

Files:

That nfp was profitable once again.

But all the orders should be closd on Friday evening but not all the orders were closed. Because the session of Friday was closed 10 minutes early then usually. And because of that I changes some settings on session finished and session finished on Friday.

Please find the statement (look at the equity) and NewsTrader5 with new settings (slightly changes settings). This settings works.

April NFP

newdigital:
That nfp was profitable once again.

But all the orders should be closd on Friday evening but not all the orders were closed. Because the session of Friday was closed 10 minutes early then usually. And because of that I changes some settings on session finished and session finished on Friday.

Please find the statement (look at the equity) and NewsTrader5 with new settings (slightly changes settings). This settings works.

Well, this NFP was also profitable for me either but remained far behind the two earlier ones (at least for me). This time I traded it live only, used version 5 on NorthFinance, it worked well.

I thought - and some FX experts predicted accordingly - that there would be high volatility because of the less liquidity on the market due to Good Friday but the the volatility was low.

Thank you for the new settings, Newdigital! I will examine and test them. Are they for NFP trading or general use?

chrisstoff:
Well, this NFP was also profitable for me either but remained far behind the two earlier ones (at least for me). This time I traded it live only, used version 5 on NorthFinance, it worked well.

I thought - and some FX experts predicted accordingly - that there would be high volatility because of the less liquidity on the market due to Good Friday but the the volatility was low.

Thank you for the new settings, Newdigital! I will examine and test them. Are they for NFP trading or general use?

General use (nfp and others). It is almost the same settings. I just reduced the session end time. Because Alpari rus broker finished trading session earlier yesterday. So I changed it:

SessionEnd = 23; // Session End Time FridayEnd = 22; // Session End Time in Friday

It was 24 and 23 and i changed it to 23 and 22. that's all the changes.

It is almost the same settings which i am using for one months testing. No changes except this trade end time.

What is SessionEnd and FridayEnd?

According to Idorad's description which i quoted so all profitable orders should be closed in FridayEnd and SessionEnd (if profitable). But Alpari rus broker closed the trading session earlier and 3 or 4 profitable orders did not closed. So I just changed the time and that's all.

Forex calendar for coming week in text file was updated on the first post of this thread. All time in file is in GMT.

Please note that one news event will be updated later, for example:

2007.04.10;02:00;JPY;Interest Rate;3;

So, this 02:00 is very approximate time.

Check the fist post for updates tiomorrow.

Upgrade thought

Since we are using 1 through 3 as indicators of importance on the news I wonder if the EA could be written to change the pips away from current price as related to the 1 through 3 importance indicator.

As some news reports move the market a great deal then 3 should be set higher than other reports somewhere like 30 or more and if the importance is 1 then we can set the pips away from the current price lower like 15 and if the indicator is 2 then perhaps 20 or 25 away from current price.

This would allow us to trade on lesser value reports and still make an additional 10 pips on these smaller reports.

Pheniox:
Since we are using 1 through 3 as indicators of importance on the news I wonder if the EA could be written to change the pips away from current price as related to the 1 through 3 importance indicator.

As some news reports move the market a great deal then 3 should be set higher than other reports somewhere like 30 or more and if the importance is 1 then we can set the pips away from the current price lower like 15 and if the indicator is 2 then perhaps 20 or 25 away from current price.

This would allow us to trade on lesser value reports and still make an additional 10 pips on these smaller reports.

In version 6 we may set the settings for every single news. Igorad did example with 3 kind of settings but I think it is not limited.So, we have news ratings from 1 to 3 and the settings for every news. Check 1 st post of this thread.

By the way i did not test version #6 yet.

Forex calendar in text file was updated on the 1st post (once again).

It was updated concerning the time for JPY interest rate.

Reason: