News Trader EA - page 75

About first question the problem could be small slippage value combined with a violent price move. I see in your picture price moving 30 pips in less than a minute. Maybe the broker just deleted the order?

Let's wait a little to compare with Newdigital statements.

At first problem, orders wasn't placed at all, I checked logs.

If broker deleted them or was a requote then I should have some message in logs, but is nothing, orders just was not placed.

In second case orders was closed by EA, see pic, is listed experts tab.

I am testing this EA for more than 1 year and I don't have this problem.

Sometimes orders are not openning at the time or not opened but it depends on connection between the broker server and Metatrader. Besides, it depends on gap in data as well: if 1 or 2 bars are missing on the chart so EA will not open the orders in some cases.

It may be good to trade this EA once per months mainly for nfp only and without GBPUSD pair. Other news is subkect to discussion or analysis: the settings to the EA should be changed on every single news event.

I am not changing the settings.

I just try to figure out where is the problem, in first case can be missing data or connection problem, but in second case I have no clue why EA closed prematurely orders...

For now I let in test all pairs with default settings.

This EA is working fine if we have good connection (internet connection managed by broker) between the broker and Metatrader, and no any bar is missing on the chart.

To avoid this problem you can use more higher timeframe: M5 for example.

But my conclusion concerning this EA and news trading in general: use it once in a month for nfp, or use it for high impacted news events only changing the settings for every new event according to analysis. Person who is trading will decide about the settings during the weekend for whole week for every high impacted news event in coming week. Foresee let's say. And it is only way to use this EA and it is only way to trade the news.

It is my opinion, sorry.

Enforcer:
I just try to figure out where is the problem, in first case can be missing data or connection problem, but in second case I have no clue why EA closed prematurely orders... For now I let in test all pairs with default settings.

It is not your connection problem. It is broker's connection problem. For example you can compare the price movement at night and in day time and execution to open the order in day time and at night. Just for example: try to open the order at 2 am broker time and in 2 pm broker time for example.

So, it does not depend on our internet connection.

The other problem may be gap for pending orders: if this gap is less than 10 between the pending order price and permanent moving real price so EA will not open the order.

It may be many other reasons.

But the main reasons are connection and missing the bars on the chart.

If so, using M5 timeframe may reduce missing bars problems?

Yes.

For example, Alpari broker does not have missing bars. Just may be 1 missing bar per half a year or exampe (Alpari rus borker). But freezing connection at night. Liteforex broker does not have freezing connection at night but a lot of mission bars. Fibo Group broker is just in the middle. IBFX is increasing the spread during the news and freezing connection sometimes even in day time. Most good concerning this case is North Finance but no one knows where it came from for example sorry.

So, the solusion may be the following:

- use M5 or M15. I know that some people are using even H1. I used M5 and it was fine. I did not use M15 or higher.

- trade high impacted news event;

- trade mainly nfp;

- do not trade without simple settings analysis or movement forecasting before every news event.

And if we can choose between

to trade the news

or not to trade

so the better choise will be - not.

I'm using Alpari UK broker and I can see quite often missing bars...

I'm curious how will perform with default settings and no intervention on Alpari UK.

I was talking about Alpari rus.

Alpari UK is having different data feed and data feed source (compare with Alpari rus for example). I did not see freezing connection on Alpari UK very often. There is freezing connection on Alpari rus more often (compare with Alpari UK). But yes, you are right: sometimes the bars are missing for Alpari UK charts.

If M1 bar is missing somewhere so just few people will see and no react.

If H1 bar is missing so it will be big discussion on many forums.

So, it is better to use more higher timeframe.

But I've never used more than M5 for news trading sorry.

Reason: