News Trader EA - page 8

chrisstoff:
Well, it is a good EA.

But success of news trading very much depends on the broker (increasing spread, requoting, trading environment busy, etc.).

dswk,

Which broker do you use for news trading?

fxlite, from EU.

My results are not bad.

It is ok.

Just look at the image: one news was at 13. Pending orders were opened and we got buy on eurusd. But the other news (listed in our text file as significant) was at 13:45 and eurusd changed the direction finally.

The opened order should be closed at 13:35 and new pending orders should be opened at 13:40.

Just hope that we will et new version before Monday.

Files:
total_pips.zip  13 kb
eurusd.gif  20 kb

For US Retails sales, in 1 hour.

I will test the following :

ExpertName=NewsTrader_v2

Magic=22221

Slippage=6

Main_Parameters= Trade Volume & Trade Method

Lots=1.00000000

StopTrade=0

Data= Input Data

TimeZone=1

TimeGap=4

OrderDuration=8

ProcessTime=2

SessionEnd=23

CalendarName=CalendarNFP07ja.txt

TakeProfit=100.00000000

TrailingStop=20.00000000

InitialStop=20.00000000

BreakEven=0.00000000

PendOrdGap=16.00000000

DisplayLine=1

DisplayText=1

MM_Parameters= MoneyManagement by L.Williams

MM=0

MMRisk=0.15000000

LossMax=1000.00000000

nothing on this one because nothing after 30s...

The 14:30 (gmt +1) news was a disaster for me, lost both eurusd and gbpusd, usdjpy didn't trigger.

Anyone else ahve different results?

c4n:
The 14:30 (gmt +1) news was a disaster for me, lost both eurusd and gbpusd, usdjpy didn't trigger. Anyone else ahve different results?

Yes... nothing appends from my side because i've increase the OrderGap to 30 and after seconds as nothing clear happpened, delete both pending orders.

Well the main problem was first swing of 20+ pips of eurusd and eurgbp DOWN which triggered the pending orders and then immediately reverse to over -50 opposite side from the low.

c4n:
Well the main problem was first swing of 20+ pips of eurusd and eurgbp DOWN which triggered the pending orders and then immediately reverse to over -50 opposite side from the low.

It's why i've increase the OrderGap.... This news should move 100+ pips on GU normaly.... but to really catch it... i've prefered take insurance of 30 with OrderGap.

c4n:
The 14:30 (gmt +1) news was a disaster for me, lost both eurusd and gbpusd, usdjpy didn't trigger. Anyone else ahve different results?

Just looked at my trades. I have 8 EAs for 4 pairs with different settings and one EA (eurusd) only placed pending orders (it was -50 loss). Other EAs kept silence.

The EA which placed pending orders was attached to the chart once again today. The other EAs which kept silence was attached last weekend.

I will report to Igorad for possible improvement.

Anyway I think we should wait for new version.

dswk:
It's why i've increase the OrderGap.... This news should move 100+ pips on GU normaly.... but to really catch it... i've prefered take insurance of 30 with OrderGap.

Exactly, I will do the same next time.

Reason: