News Trader EA - page 2

newdigital:

Or just do the following:

- download my text file and EA from this post,

- change the time in text time according to your broker time,

- place file in /file folder in MetaTrader's directory,

- place EA in /experts in MetaTrader's directory of your computer,

- compile EA in MetaEditor,

- attach EA to M1 or M5 charts (GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY and EURUSD) with different magic number: every chart - different magic number.

- you may use different settings just to select the better ones. In this case use different magic numbers as well.

- wait for the news.

I may do Russian Alpari 4 pairs with different settings.

Please do some other brokers (I do not have demo with IBFX for example).

If you set the NFP time in text file (see previous post) according to your broker time (it is on Alpari server time now) so you just need to play with the following settings only:

Magic = 33333;

TakeProfit = 100; // Take Profit in pips

TrailingStop = 0; // Trailing Stop in pips

InitialStop = 50; // Initial Stop in pips

BreakEven = 0; // Breakeven in pips

PendOrdGap = 20; // Gap for Pending Orders from current price in pips

You may use this EA with many charts: 2or 3 eurusd charts with different EAs settings, 2 or 3 gbpusd charts with different EAs' settings and so on. But please note: it should be different magic number for every chart. Which magic number? Any number. But every chart should have its own magic number.

EA and text file for tomorrow you may fine in previous post.

And tomorrow in the end of the day we may compare the results.

You may do it now. You may do it tomorrow. Any time before 13:30 GMT tomorrow. Just attach and forget.

Dont understand ?

Does one have to replace

extern string CalendarName = "CalendarNFP07ja.txt";

by including the text of your text file?

Thanks

maje:
Does one have to replace

extern string CalendarName = "CalendarNFP07ja.txt";

by including the text of your text file?

Thanks

I changed it already.

Just download EA from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175898 and download text file and place text file in right place. And use different magic numbers for everything.

extern string CalendarName is text file name. Just a name only. If your text file is having different name so change it.

Ok

"and place text file in right place"

In log files ?

Thanks

maje:
"and place text file in right place"

In log files ?

Thanks

No.

In here C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\tester\files - of you want to backtest. But what to backtest (by strategy tester) if it will be tomorrow? Right?

So place it here: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\files

It is for trading for tomorrow.

And do not forget to change the time in text file according to your broker. My text file is in GMT+1 (Alpari). North Finance is GMT+2. So it should be 15:30 in text file for North Finance. IBFX? No idea. I do not have demo acount with them.

Nd,

There is not much point in demo testing this, since the demo servers are different from live servers.

On NFP Live servers Freeze/disconnect or are being manipulated by brokers.

The spreads increase x2 or more on live feeds.

Brokers actually enjoy this type of trading which is being consumed by spikes etc.

I don't think that forward demo results are a valid indication to go live with this.

fx-programmer:
Nd,

There is not much point in demo testing this, since the demo servers are different from live servers.

On NFP Live servers Freeze/disconnect or are being manipulated by brokers.

The spreads increase x2 or more on live feeds.

Brokers actually enjoy this type of trading which is being consumed by spikes etc.

I don't think that forward demo results are a valid indication to go live with this.

Yes but not for every broker.

Russian Alpari (demo and real) is ok: just some freezing for some seconds and then "big jumping".

No idea about Alpari (UK): this broker is very different with Russian Alpari.

Liteforex (demo and real) is requoting but slippage is 6 in this EA so ...

I do not have experience with North Finance real account but some people said that it is ok. No problem:

- they are doing fine; or

- they are not connecting at all at nfp time so no any order is opened

BTW, this NewsTrader is placing two pending orders 5 minutes before the news. Will see.

I have experience with qq EA which is openning the orders during the very big movement of the price (very big speed of movement) and it is not a problem.

Of course it may be the spikes on both side of the price movement. Especially for M1 and M5 timeframe (this EA is working better on M1 and M5).

Anyway it is the first version of this NewsTrader with two pending ordes in both side of the price movement. I just hope that we will start the big development concerning EA Switcher and will be able to predict something.

Igorad is still busy with this NewsTrader trying to improve this EA finally so ...

Anyway it is very attractive to trade just once per month in profit during the NFP! Just write this text file for every month/week and that's all.

Will see. I don't know ...

It works!

Can you imagine: trade once per month during the few hours only

and

do not care about anything anymore!

I like it.

Nfp

NewTrader open sell 0.10 lot GBP/USD at 1.9372 and 0.10 lot EUR/UDS at 1.3064 15hr30 FXDD.

Well.

I traded eurusd (two EAs), gbpusd (two EAs), usdjpy (two EAs) and usdchf (two EAs).

Why two EA?

settings #1.

One EA with the following settings:

take profit = 50

stop loss =50

trailing stop = 0

lot = 0.2

settings #2.

The 2nd one with the following settings:

take profit = 100

stop loss =50

trailing stop = 30

lot = 0.2

Initial deposit is $5000.

So we have the following results up to now:

settings #1.

All 4 orders (eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf and usdjpy) qwere closed in profit already.

settings #2.

The process is still going on and with profit.

See image attached.

I will post all the statements today in the evening and tomorrow morning.

Files:
Reason: