How much to deposit for optimizing using cloud computing? - page 2

Sergey Golubev:

My experience:

I optimized many EAs and many versions of the EAs using cloud. Examples:

So, in my case - it was from 0.0.1 till 20.

How many years were you testing?

Would using 1 minute OHLC cost less than Every Tick?

jon:

How many years were you testing?

Would using 1 minute OHLC cost less than Every Tick?

many years.
OHLC?
No idea. I did not use OHLC

============

There is the artticle:

Testing trading strategies on real ticks

The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC" using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in "Every tick" mode, as well as the most accurate "Every tick based on real ticks" mode applying actual historical data.

Comparing the results allows us to assess the quality in various modes, as well as helps us to use the tester more efficiently in order to receive results faster. "1 minute OHLC" mode allows receiving quick estimated test results, "Every tick" mode is closer to reality, while testing on real ticks is most accurate but time-consuming. Keep in mind that errors in a trading robot's logic may affect the number of trading operations making the strategy test results more susceptible to a selected test mode.

============

So, I understand the following:

• "1 minute OHLC" is foir quick estimating;
  • "every tick" mode is for detailed modelling and closer reality (compare with OHLC mode for example);
  • "Every tick based on real tick" - most accurate (same with real trading).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Alain Verleyen, 2013.08.20 19:47

A must ! Before using it or asking any question : please read the Online Help  (Also accessible by F1 on your MT5 platform)

Strategy Tester

For Traders

For Programmers

Optimization

Cloud

Announce of the launch : MQL5 Cloud Network launched.

As Users

• Tester agents/Remote agents/MQL5 Cloud Network agents‌/MetaTester 5 Agents Manager are no longer available for use in the 32-bit terminals: they can work only in the 64-bit systems: read more here 
  • Prohibition for using testing agents working on virtual OS in MQL5.Cloud - read more here

Some useful topic about usage of the Cloud :

As Providers (agents)

Work in progress, stay tuned !

Reason: