Grid King takes a new approach to grid trading. The main focus when developing the EA was safety, by eliminating the margin-call risk which is usually associated with most grid systems on the market. It also strives to achieve much higher returns than the average grid system, by spreading risk amongst multiple pairs and strategies which all have a limited effect on the account-equity.
The EA has been stress-tested for a period of 18 years and passes all those years succesfully without any high drawdown. (*Please use recommended accountsize guidelines -> see below)
The EA is also already optimized for 13 pairs, and more will follow in the future. In theory, any pair or market can be optimized for the algorithm.
At the moment, 2 strategies are used for entry:
- "Volatility breakout" strategy, where the EA will trade in the direction of strong price movements.
- "Return to Mean" strategy, where the EA will exploit the fact that price always returns to the mean.
Please read the blog before using the EA! -> https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/722424
Current live results:
- very stable growth curve as result of smart averaging techniques
- "safety first" approach in development
- optimizable for any market
- ONLY grid-system on the market that passes 18 years of stress-tests on historical data on multiple pairs
- fully automatic
- Not sensitive to spread, commission, or account type, but ofcourse a low spread ECN broker will always work better and is recommended!
- On-Chart visualisation of TP zones
- Optimized pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, AUDUSD, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURGBP, AUDNZD, EURCHF, AUDCAD
- You can use the same magic numbers on different pairs. But the 2 different strategies must use 2 different magicnumbers
- Check out the full description here: https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/722424
- Enable autosettings and run only the optimized pairs
- run only on H1 timeframe
- Run only 1 chart for each pair (the EA will run both strategies from 1 chart)
- Use leverage of 1:300 or bigger. The EA will need enough free margin from time to time, so a high leverage is necessary.
- works on all brokers (non FIFO only for now)
- All account types are ok (standard, ECN, STP, Micro)
- As with any EA, it is recommended you run it first on a demo account to get to know the trading style of the EA
- Recommended to run on accounts nominated in EUR or USD for best performance of AutoSafety feature.
- balance > 200$ but < 2000$ -> use cent account!
- balance >= 2000$ (or 200$ Cent) -> run max 2-3 Low DD pairs
- balance >= 3000$ (or 300$ Cent) -> run max 2-3 Low DD or 1-2 Medium/High DD pairs
- balance >= 4000$ (or 400$ Cent) -> run max 4-5 Low/Medium DD pairs
- balance >= 5000$ (or 500$ Cent) -> run max 8 Low/Medium DD pairs
- balance >= 7500$ (or 750$ Cent) -> run any/all pairs
- Low drawdown pairs: eurjpy, usdchf, audusd, eurchf, audcad
- Medium drawdown pairs: eurusd, gbpusd, usdjpy, eurcad, audnzd
- High drawdown pairs: euraud, eurgbp, gbpjpy
- It is only advised to run "Aggressive" or "Very Aggressive" mode when using only very few pairs (1-3)
- When running all pairs, "Very Conservative" or "Conservative" mode is advised
How to run backtests:
- Use tickdata only (90% from a good broker or 99.90% for most accurate results)
- use fixed spread or variable spread
- Choose H1 timeframe
- Choose period (for example 2007-2018)
- Use default parameters, or set risk settings to your taste.
- Use EUR or USD as account currency in tests
- When using Tickdata 99.90% -> use GMT=2 or 3
- Added option for setting trading hours
- Added 'Very Low Risk LotsizeStep'
- Added Audcad
- Corrected the text (added AUDNZD) in the parameter information section
- changed some text in the information section of the parameters, to be more clear for users
- Fixed some small things
- Added EURCHF pair!
- fixed Maxloss bug on accounts with minimum lotsize = 0.1 (this happened on some cent accounts with 0.1minimum lotsize...)
- added color option for buy/sell arrows
- Added AUDNZD pair
- Added option to select trade direction (for strong trending markets)
- Added Max Loss Allowed value and next lotsize increase information in the information panel
- rearranged information panel
- Added manual trading option
- Improved trailingSL and hard TP algorithms
- Added 'total historical profit' information for the pair on the information panel
- Changed "correlated pairs safety" to only work when they are in the same trade direction
- Fixed small bug with Hard TP
- Added option for trailing SL on Flash TP instead of closing the trade
- fixed buttonsize (can be manually set now)
- added option to use only portion of balance
- added 2 new safeties: correlated pairs and max number of pairs.
- improved on chart visuals and information
- Added button on chart to force close of all buy trades or sell trades
- Added option to set hard TP on FlashTP levels (+extra pips)
- Added Gbpjpy
- fixed bug concerning lotsize calculation
- added new autosafety parameter for extra control on the function
- reviewed autosafety's historical max equity DD based on 99.90% tickdata
- improved grid closing technique
- Added an option to close all trades should "total" equity drawdown exceed a certain percentage.
- Adjusted eurusd to lower risk grids
- Add trade retry algorithm if trade should fail
- improved gbpusd stability
- improved usdjpy stability
- fixed bug regarding portfolio trading
- Added "hedge" option -< instead of closing grid when exceeding max historical DD, the trades will be hedged so the user can manual manage the hedged trades.
- added security for MT4 restart.
- added warning when using to high lotsize or too small balance for your setup.