I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why?

It's time for a complete PC upgrade.

Main task of PC testing and optimisation of programs for MT5

Cost is irrelevant.

Since I am way behind on current trends I need expert advice, hopefully the MT 5 developers will give some hints.

What kind of processor to choose?

What RAM, frequency, what is the preferred capacity?

What motherboard?

On the disks a separate question, will increase the SSD on Pci expres?

May be something else is necessary to consider?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Main task of PC is testing and optimizing programs for MT5

Cost is irrelevant.

Since I am way behind on current trends I need expert advice, hopefully the MT 5 developers will give some hints.

What kind of RAM, frequency, what is the preferred capacity?

What motherboard?

Maybe something else should be taken into consideration?

Definitely Ryzen 2700 (16 threads), preferably not the X version, so as not to melt during long optimization, this processor is considered the most energy efficient at the moment.

Also it will soon have a new series of Ryzen 3*** series on the same socket with full board support, it is worth waiting for it or you can upgrade later. Intel in the background ryzen is no longer the leader.

Motherboard on the B450 chipset, cheap and almost uncut.

Memory on them take Gskill on special samsung chipset, they also go on all KFA2 HOF(best price quality) for AMD high frequency RAM is very important

Fast528:

preferably not the X version, so it doesn't melt away during long optimisations

Why would it melt? The frequency is adjustable depending on cooling.

Fast528:

Ryzen 2700 (16 threads), preferably not X version, so it won't melt during long optimization, this processor is considered to be the most energy efficient at the moment.

Also it soon will have a new Ryzen 3*** series on the same socket with full board support, it is worth waiting for it or it will be possible to upgrade later. Intel in the background ryzen is no longer the leader.

Motherboard on the B450 chipset, cheap and almost uncut.

Memory on them take Gskill on special samsung chipset, they also go on all KFA2 HOF(best price quality) for AMD high frequency RAM is very important

when can we expect number 3 roughly? i want to get a mega-machine for my home server

multiplicator:

why will it melt? it's frequency controlled depending on the cooling.

Figuratively speaking, the X version is more for gaming, it's one thing when you're in a game - you don't care if the cooler is near maximum, another thing is optimization in a quiet environment, especially at night,

more, all raizens are not cut at overclocking, the multiplier is not locked, if necessary, directly in the wind can be set overclocking preset with the optimal power supply at any frequency to 4.1-4.2GHz in all 16 threads, will eat 160 watts only processor in the bus no X-version is about frequency in 16 thread mode 3.4GHz at burn only 70W

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

When can we expect the 3rd one? I wanted to get a mega-machine for my home server

It's supposed to arrive in the summer.

Fast528:

I think it's coming out in the summer.

What do you think of this processor? AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970W

Vladimir Pastushak:

more expensive, server, more memory channels, separate socket, not much else I know about them or their future

i would be interested in 2 Ryzen 2700 to buy) put them in 2 Core v21 type chassis they are cube stacked in a tower if its a home version

ah, there's even 3 times the number of cores.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Was considering buying one too. For optimisation and video.

But I read in one of the articles that it needs good cooling.

But you can try to build a server on this stone.

Vladimir Pastushak:

The main task of the PC is testing and optimizing programs for MT5

Cost is irrelevant.

What RAM, frequency, what is the preferred capacity?

What motherboard?

Maybe something else is necessary to consider?

If the value does not matter, and from the fact that you have already advised, and it's AMD and therefore a constant processor overheating, which means powerful cooler, and the noise exceeds the noise of a conventional computer, besides as far as I understand the computer should operate in a 7/24 mode.

In general, maybe I do not have complete information on AMD processors, but in any case you need performance and reliability, in that case, I would buy a server inthe performance: 1U Rack Platforms or something like that. Of course video card will be most budget, that is, if you suddenly decide to mine, it will be sad, but if the purpose that you described, the server solution will be just right.

Сервер HP ProLiant MicroServer 870208-421
  • 50 890.00 RUB
  • www.oldi.ru
Адрес Наличие Получить от 190 a ближайшая дата доставки: Завтра Сервер HP ProLiant MicroServer 870208-421 Обзор Исполнение: Ultra Micro Tower Платформа / Материнская плата: н/д Процессор: 1xAMD Opteron X3216 Оперативная память: 1x8 Гб Система хранения данных: н/д Оптический привод: нет...

About the link, I was just poking at the firstTower Platform computer I came across.

SSD disks are obligatory where the OS and the database will run. But keep in mind, SSDs have a limited service life, so I would definitely advise against saving here. From my experience (more than 3 years ago), the most productive were from Samsung, I bought ADATA, for example, less productive, but quite reliable turned out to be 4 years, the condition of the drive "Good", provided that there was a period of operation 7/24 during the year.

Reason: