I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 53

fxsaber #:

a huge passive heatsink on the processor and nothing else.

More than 10 years and "up and down" on MT5. Video card is CPU. SSD, so total lack of mechanical movement in the case. As a consequence, no sound sources (no transformer).

Sometimes counted (6/8 agents) for several days continuously. Runs smoothly, CPU-temperature in this case rises to 95C. Heat as from a household radiator.

Apparently a case of three sigma, judging by the statements. For 10 years never changed the thermal paste, never blown out the case.

Hey, guys. No one has built a system for 2 Zions ? How are they? MT5 parallels the streams, right?

Forester #:
Mine's been running on an i7-6700T since '16. I move it in a laptop bag, lying on its side. Once 10 times carried on 1600km.
Also warmed up to 95, (at that the processor braking is switched on, not to burn out and calculations are slowed down) because the fan is suspended, to start if necessary.

It doesn't switch on.

Completely passive cooling.

The system unit stands in a cabinet without a front door. Temperatures 10 minutes after finishing a multi-hour optimisation on 6/8 agents. In parallel wrote/run code + browser.

Only the PCH diode does not cool down.

Диод PCH: что это такое и какая у него должна быть температура
Диод PCH: что это такое и какая у него должна быть температура
  • f1comp.ru
Программы мониторинга аппаратной среды компьютера, такие, как и , показывают много интересного, но, к сожалению, не всегда понятного. И больше всего вопросов вызывает показатель «Диод PCH». Диоды, как мы знаем из школьного курса физики, это такие радиоэлементы с односторонней проводимостью, которые используют в схемотехнике электронных...

fxsaber #:

It won't switch on.

As I understand the frequency does not change, but skips clock cycles and the processor does nothing during this time. Like 3 million operations per second and did 1 million operations.
Trottling[1][2][3][4 ](prof. jarg. trottling, trotting from English throttling) is a mechanism of skipping part of machine cycles in digital electronics in order to synchronise the work of various components (for example, in SCSI interface) or to protect them, including the processor, from thermal damage in case of overheating.

And just by logic, if you give the processor energy, and heat dissipation to a lesser extent, it will heat up to 200 degrees Celsius. But I've never seen it above 100 degrees, so the defence is working.

You can try the same task with 100% load (for 20-30 minutes), only once pure passive and the second time with a fan. And compare the time to complete the same task (in passive with skips it should be slower).

fxsaber #:

It won't switch on.

Trottling I've only ever seen on a laptop.

In general, I know that AIDA64 has a separate graph that shows this.

I don't remember whether the frequency is reset or not....

Aleksey Vyazmikin #:

Trottling I've only ever seen on a laptop.

In general, I know that AIDA64 has a separate graph that shows this.

I don't remember whether the frequency is reset or not....

Once at one of my old jobs, a user's computer started to slow down wildly. I looked in and the cooler of the CPU (Core2 Duo) fell off, one of the 4 latches snapped off. And here it was trotting wildly without additional cooling, but it worked, did not hang and did not burn out.

fxsaber #:

The system unit stands in a cabinet without a front door. Temperatures 10 minutes after finishing a multi-hour optimisation on 6/8 agents. Writing/running code + browser in parallel.

Only the PCH diode does not cool down.

sub, it hurts to look at you here

When will you buy something modern?

Budget 100,000. With a monitor.

What do you advise to collect that would and games to play and optimise robots ( advisors ). Of course not at the same time.)

You can build from aliexpress.

https://aliexpress.ru/wholesale?SearchText=motherboard&g=y&page=1&searchInfo=Iiz7tKheiUJyuu3Cxz7cJCNzHZVK+HEd09%2FDPvTxxdjBJeCVsOuGUQgUa%2F5HKRYmn8bJe8RQGmLWSObfD1dujrxazncF1PR+vY%2F212sG09Cx3F7L166Qa%2FnvW8xVsoKOXptPGcNdzJJnSeCChKm2Mm4dK43JS1wtD0yWmxgJmm+AQ1I

Reason: