I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 3

Vladislav Andruschenko:

For that price you can put 2990 two servers with 64 cores !!!

Well buy one, then create other topics with questions like how to cool, why so, etc...

jdjahfkahjf:

Well buy one, then create other threads with questions on how to cool it, why it's like this, etc.

)

jdjahfkahjf:

Yes, there will be no glitches, and this laptop is designed as a desktop replacement.

No no no, no laptops... They'll need a turbine...

Laptop for serious tasks, it's not serious...

Vladimir Pastushak:

No no no, no laptops... They'll need a turbine, that's what they need...

Laptop for serious tasks, it is not serious ...

o_O

It would seem to be a lot of cores and processor speed. In reality, the bottleneck is the disk subsystem. CPUs can remain 100% unused. First of all, it is better to spend money on M.2 SSD with cache (expensive hardware for servers) and on a big fast RAM for a virtual disk. Then multi-core CPUs will do the trick. And to keep quiet and avoid trolling, use water cooling for CPU, memory and motherboard (fully coated - some models produce it).

Edgar:
It would seem to be a lot of cores and CPU frequency. In reality, the bottleneck is the disk subsystem. CPUs can remain 100% unused. It is best to splurge first on an SSD. M3 with cache (expensive hardware for servers) and a big fast RAM for virtual memory. Then multi-core CPUs will do the trick. And to keep it quiet and avoid trotting, use water cooling of the CPU, memory and motherboard (fully coated - some models are made for this).

Which is faster than m3 or Pci expres ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Which is faster than M3 or Pci expres ?

Pardon, M2, more precisely M.2 is the form factor. It has replaced mini PCI Express.

The interface is PCI Express 3.0.

The protocol is NVMe.

Edgar:
Seems like a lot of cores and CPU frequency. In reality, the bottleneck is the disk subsystem. CPUs can go unused at 100%. First of all it is better to spend on an M.2 SSD with cache (expensive hardware for servers) and on a big fast RAM for the virtual disk. Then multi-core CPUs will do the trick. And to keep quiet and avoid trolling, use water cooling for CPU, memory and motherboard (fully coated - some models produce it).

top-end working hardware is just a water-cooler, water-cooler is for schoolboys gaming computers on FX series to cool, a good air top-end cooler for 50 quid will be as good as a top-end two-section water-cooler twice as expensive,

there's no point in putting in less than a three-cooler watercooler at all.

in case you don't know and only see them in pictures, single quadcoolers always crank the fan to its maximum, otherwise not even simple CPUs can be cooled, the cheapest towers will be better and quieter,

with 2 section watercoolers the picture is a bit better, and only 3 section ones can cool the top tower coolers better,

nothing to say about ssd, i use the cheapest ones for 25$-120gb

Farkhat Guzairov:

If the cost is not important, and from what you have already advised, and it's AMD and it means a constant overheating of the CPU, and hence the most powerful cooler, and the noise exceeds the noise of a normal computer, in addition, as far as I understand the computer should work in a 7/24 mode.

In general, maybe I do not have complete information on AMD processors, but in any case you need performance and reliability, in that case, I would buy a server inthe performance: 1U Rack Platforms or something like that. Of course, video card will be most budget, that is, if you suddenly decide to mine, it will be sad, but if the purpose that you described, the server solution will be just right.

I don't sell it for more than $500. I don't sell it for more than $850... and a hdd screw...

it depends on your budget...

if it's under $500

For example:

MSI Gaming MB - $80

Ryzen 1700 - $200,

Kingston 8gb 3200 - $80

ssd m.2 nvme pci-e 3.0x4 Samsung 970 Evo 250gb - $80

case+DVD+psu 500-600w Chieftec $50-60

Threadripper is of course more efficient but the Thunderbolt has more expensive hardware and you get 4 channels of RAM instead of 2 and the m.2 nvme 3500mb/s read/write.

FXEU:

it's ancient junk for that price $850, I don't sell it for more than $500... and a harddrive...

it depends on your budget...

if it's under $500

For example:

MSI Gaming MB - $80

Ryzen 1700 - $200,

Kingston 8gb 3200 - $80

ssd m.2 nvme pci-e 3.0x4 Samsung 970 Evo 250gb - $80

case+DVD+psu 500-600w Chieftec $50-60

Threadripper is of course more efficient but the motherboard is way more expensive. You get 4-channel RAM instead of 2 and the m.2 nvme 3500mb/s read/write.

Budget is not important, performance is important!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason: