I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 25

Younga:

memory (RAM) - always better to get more, the faster, .... (SSD cache)

is it for heavy gaming or video editing?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Is it for heavy gaming or video editing?

I'm just surfing the web, it's about 8Gb.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

1060 - if for machine learning, the same CatBoost on it is twice slower than on my FX-8350! A lot of memory - you need to look at the number of agents for optimization - right now it's (16-2 (system))/6 - that's 2.3 gigabytes per agent, which is not bad, but it depends on tasks.

Why do we need a server-side variant? That's a key question - what do we need from a computer? Why change it, what is missing and where? This is the most important thing for me to understand, and in order to solve the problem to spend as little money as possible - to spend rationally, so I chose server solutions at the moment.

In fact, I've looked at the prices - they are clearly overpriced, it's better to wait to buy a mother and processor if it's just a case of wanting to spend money.

Well I need more power because I use ultrabooks. There are mobile processors for 2-4 cores.

I am not optimizing in mt5, I train my catbust on it with ease.

Deep learning is not needed, visuo begins to increase only when there is very much data, else it is more auxiliary on processor, so I don't have to wait for it. Vidyuha is just for fun sometimes.

Just a PC for my home - to code on Python and to watch kittens.

The price in the DonS is overpriced in itself... let's say at the top of the bar. One can probably get it 10-15% cheaper. But here all the kit is available - come and get it, there is no need to wait.

Younga:
I'm just surfing the web, I need about 8Gb

I'll add up to 32 if I see anything missing

Vladimir Pastushak:

It's time for a complete PC upgrade.

The main task of the PC is testing and optimising programs for MT5

Cost is irrelevant.

Since I am way behind on current trends I need expert advice, hopefully the MT 5 developers will give some hints.

What kind of processor to choose?

What kind of RAM, frequency, what is the preferred capacity?

What motherboard?

On the disks a separate question, will increase the SSD on Pci expres?

Maybe something else is necessary to consider?

Buy a tablet.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

a computer just for home - to code in python and watch kittens

The price at the DNS is overpriced in itself... let's say at the upper end of the scale. You could probably get it 10-15% cheaper. But here you have all the kit - come and get it, you don't have to wait.

So a netbook is enough for that... Well, I still don't understand the need, so it's difficult to give adequate advice.

The only thing I want to point out is that MT5 is poorly adapted to AMD, the latest compilers use unique new instructions from Intel which gives significant performance gain.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So a netbook is enough for that... in general I still don't understand the need, so it's hard to give adequate advice.

The only thing I want to point out is that MT5 is poorly adapted for AMD, the latest compilers use unique new instructions from Intel, which gives significant performance boost.

As if the laptop is enough... I just sometimes want to play or not to wait for 15 minutes to learn some MOS, when you can wait for a minute instead

like that :) that's why i haven't bought a desktop for a long time, because i don't know why i need one

maybe just a gaming laptop ))

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

A laptop is kinda enough... I just sometimes like to play a game or not have to wait 15 minutes to learn something when I can wait a minute instead.

like that :) that's why i didn't buy a desktop for a long time because i didn't know what it was for

maybe just a gaming laptop ))

By the way, does python adequately support loading all cores when training?

If for gaming, a configuration will do, but still expensive :)

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

By the way, does python adequately support loading all cores during training?

If for games, a configuration will do, but still expensive :)

sure, and it switches to gpu in one line.

the library is the same as yours, just with a python wrapper

how expensive... these prices are now due to the dollar exchange rate. give me back my 2007

I wonder if there are people here who bought themselves a cheap netbook from Alik for 10 thousand and only after recouping the cost of Forex trading did they buy a better one)?

Reason: