I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 5

Vladimir Pastushak:
benchmark

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End
  • www.cpubenchmark.net
This chart comparing high end CPUs is made using thousands of PerformanceTest benchmark results and is updated daily. These are the high end AMD and Intel CPUs are typically those found in newer computers. The chart below...

Vladimir Pastushak:

What do you think of this processor ?

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970W Processor, TR4

Main specs
CoreThreadripper
Processor socketTR4
Core count24
Number of threads48
Frequency3.0GHz and 4.2GHz in Turbo mode
L3 cache64 MB
Computing bit rate64 bit
Process Technology12nm
Multiplierunlocked
Bus frequency100 MHz
Heat dissipation250 W
Maximal temperature68 °С
Type of deliveryBOX
Memory Specification
Memory typeDDR4
Memory Frequency Support2933 MHz
Number of memory channels4
Support for ECC memorysupported
PCI Express Specification
PCI Express VersionPCI Express 3.0
Integrated Graphics
Embedded Graphics Coreno
Instruction Sets and Technologies
Instruction Sets and TechnologiesMMX/Extensions to MMX/SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3, SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 /SSE4a /AES,AVX? AVX2,BMI / BMI1 + BMI2,F16C/ FMA3 /SHA /AMD64/EVP/ AMD-V/SMT / Precision Boost 2, Extended Frequency Range 2

I would buy one especially if it makes sense to do parallel computing or optimization. On the plus side a big cache, 4 memory channels, high memory frequency, lots of cores. There is no competitor by total computational power. But it is obligatory to take 4 memory modules.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

can they shut down ali and use all the good stuff they sell there only for themselves?
can you justify the "mistake" of such a choice?

the simplest example, multi-core from ali, a lot of cores, and one pass it will be 1.5 times longer than the new powerful trader - 3.6 old megahertz in turbo mode against 4.2 with the new instructions, plus the trader may still be something in terms of overclocking, amd is loyal to it

Fast528:

What did I write above? five lines of instructions for new printers

Vladimir has already written many times that money is not a problem, but no, they offer servers to support the ats, then outdated xeons, which the chinese have decided are no longer effective for them,

Another suggested a laptop, the fourth had water cooling in mind)

do you know how many instructions a coined processor on the market can handle?
or do you know which instructions are mostly used by mt4/5? (no, you already answered it). I don't think even MQ knows that exactly, because it's pretty deep.
"which the Chinese have deemed no longer effective to them"
they sell them because their warranty expired and they don't want to keep processors which officially expire on their servers.
I have already pointed out that the dual processor solution based on such processors can easily compete with the latest intel i9 home processors. What to say about AMD which are not even close.

A good solution would be to run tests on different hardware, but no one has done it yet.
Otherwise it is just guessing by coffee grounds.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

Do you know how many instructions a cores processor on the market can handle?
or do you know which instructions are mostly used by mt4/5? (no you don't, you've already answered it). I don't think even MQ knows that exactly, because it's pretty deep.
"which the Chinese have deemed no longer effective to them"
they sell them because their warranty expired and they don't want to keep processors which officially expire on their servers.
I have already pointed out that the dual processor solution based on such processors can easily compete with the latest intel i9 home CPUs. What to say about AMD which are not even close.

A good solution would be to run tests on different hardware, but no one has done it yet.
Otherwise it is just guessing by coffee grounds.

the instructions and operations are not deep, it's more on the surface, I'm just not familiar with the programming and interaction of this environment with the processor.

Most massive NVMe SSD for consumer PCs vs caching for servers:

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-970-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-250GB-vs-Intel-900P-Optane-NVMe-PCIe-280GB/m494033vsm315555

UserBenchmark: Intel 900P Optane NVMe PCIe vs Samsung 970 Evo M.2
UserBenchmark: Intel 900P Optane NVMe PCIe vs Samsung 970 Evo M.2
  • ssd.userbenchmark.com
Based on 51,709 user benchmarks for the Intel 900P Optane NVMe PCIe and the Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2, we rank them both on effective speed and value for money against the best 989 SSDs.

While we're at it...

CPU

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (32C/64T, 3.0 GHz, 64MB Cache, 250W) - €2000-2100

motherboard

GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME X399 TR4 - 500 Euro

ASUS ZENITH EXTREME X399 TR4 - 650 euros

depending on what else the computer will do and what components will be installed

Just do not forget to put 4 memory cards (ie, at least 4x4GB), to make a 4-channel mode, it will give a big increase.

(the amount of memory does not give much, but the frequency and number of channels is important)

FXEU:

While we're at it...

CPU

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX (32C/64T, 3.0 GHz, 64MB Cache, 250W) - €2000-2100

motherboard

GIGABYTE AORUS XTREME X399 TR4 - 500 Euro

ASUS ZENITH EXTREME X399 TR4 - 650 euros

depending on what else the computer will do and what components will be installed

Just do not forget to put 4 memory cards (ie, at least 4x4GB), to make a 4-channel mode, it will give a big increase.

(amount of memory does not give much, but frequency and number of channels is important)

This procesor has performance issues due to specific memory access architecture, high latency, due to which performance drops heavily on 1 thread. Not an optimal choice for mt5

Maxim Romanov:

This procesor has performance issues due to specific memory access architecture, high latency, which causes the performance to drop heavily on 1 thread. Not an optimal choice for mt5.

Any way to confirm it ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Is there any way you can confirm this?

Just look at the tests on the internet, this particular CPU 2990wx loses in performance in a single thread even to its younger models 24 and 16 cores. The point is that the proz is assembled from 4 8-core crystals. And accordingly 2 crystals have 2 channel memory controllers, so it turns out 4 channels. But in two other crystals controllers are switched off and they get access to memory via ring bus which introduces large delays. It turns out that if a process is executed on a chip which does not have direct memory access, it runs slower than on chips with direct memory access. Of course it is still faster than 24 core model in absolute productivity and everything depends on the task in hand, what exactly the computer will be used for, but the processor is very controversial. In Internet there is a lot of information about architecture and reasons of such fiasco, in next models they promised to correct, and to make a separate memory controller to which all cores will be connected.
Reason: