Pollan's indicators

As your see, IP (BBS-m).v8 and IP (BBS-index).v8 seem popular for last days. They are not repainting. However it is a great work done by a great coder. You can check it.

А такой рисунок видели? - MQL4 форум

А такой рисунок видели? - MQL4 форум

Pollan wrote (a) >>

He received a lot of questions about (BBS), just want to say that these indicators will not be freely available for two reasons.

First, do not like when my writings of other people earn money, but do not want to share (sell indiktor vylozheny online).

Second, the indicators have income greater than can be obtained from its sale, it is expensive, but for the great price no one will buy,

a cheap prodavt I do not want to.

To stop the flow of such questions, just give a basic algorithm for these indicators do not reveal all the secrets. If it will make your indicator will be for you, just happy.

1=(cci-rsi)

a2=(cci-rsi)-(cci-rsi)

a3=(cci-rsi)-(cci-rsi)

an=(cci-rsi)-(cci-rsi)

tt1=max(a1+...+an)

tt2=min(a1+...+an)

res=tt1+tt1

is only code ...

I am not a coder. Is it possible for mathematically? In this forum there are many popular coders that have some idea about it. And we can create an indicator like pollan's have with this code.

Wow. I only say wow for these indicators. I have never seen like that before. I see that it is created with RSI and CCI. Very interesting and non-repainting

how to use it?

kudahitam:
how to use it?

The problem is how to make a new one, we have no indicators to test, only a little bit codes

C'mon guys don't be stupid, those indicators are useless.

First look at the screnshoots and you'll see that those indicators repaint

Than look at the code and see that he uses future values of CCI and RSI in his algorithm. What is more what is the sens of this part:

"tt1=max(a1+...+an)

tt2=min(a1+...+an)"

it gives the same value /it should be rather tt1=max(a1,...,an), tt2=min(a1,...,an)/

Hear is a test, If an indicator looks perfect and picks all the highs and lows and you think I will make my fortune with this indicator.

It re-paints

We have no idea actually it is repainting or not. It is here because of discussing about it.

My analysis of the trades by Pollan

Whilst I agree with mart-hart that most things that look too good to be true are, if you check out the link to pollans indicators you will see a .mht file which shows his trades - all profitable - so it is not repainting or if it is it is still profitable anyway.

I have done some basic coding for this idea although I think the an calculation should be a[n] as in an array iteration - my code could help provide the basics - if any experienced coders could take a look and see if anything close to the indicators shown is possible it would be great.

This could be an amazing indicator - in his mht file pollan shows over 600,000 in profit so am sure it is not re-painting too much

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/116-something-interesting-please-post-here/page64#comment_373319

My code

Attached is my code using the formulas supplied - needs some work and a[n] not an as variable but is a good place to start....

Files:
pollan.mq4  4 kb

leeb

Pollan had a maximal drawdown of over 180 000. Just look at some of his positions he kept open for longer time.

For example he allowed for a drawdown of 30 000 to win 3 000. If he had an indicator like that how could it happen so many times?

Just want to save you some time and effort b'cos the effect will be disappointing.

Reason: