Pollan's indicators - page 71

Hi All,

Wow what can I say, this tread is the most controversial topic and I find it very interesting.

I to would like to contribute to this awesome indicator and this this my version of the POLLAN indicator as posted.

Please send any comment...... thanks

The crazy thing is, I'm trying to work an EA on this indy but fail to get the Buy/Sell/Closed signal from iCustom.

I find it very strange and some time the tester stop moving.....

Any one out there have the same problem....

Files:

Hi Again,

This is GBPAUD

Files:

This is my strategy tester.

The tester doesn't hang but move very-very slow... like a snail or more like a worm

Does anyone have the same problem....

Thanks

Files:
testergbpjpy.jpg  200 kb

Hi 12BPRO,

There could be lots of reasons the tester is slow...calling many indicators and other coding issues with the EA...

And it could be issues with your computer (CPU/Memory)...and even the MT4 versions you are running (the newer ones appear to have many problems)...

So it may be hard to help with any answers without seeing your entire EA/indicator set up...and any error logs you may have.

Also...your example shows your tester is set for....Every Tick... This is the slowest possible setting.

One suggestion is to run the tester with...Control Points...which tests a lot quicker.

Run and test your strategy with Control Points and then refine your strategy...and then test run with Every Tick for shorter periods.

Hope this helps,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi 12BPRO,

There could be lots of reasons the tester is slow...calling many indicators and other coding issues with the EA...

And it could be issues with your computer (CPU/Memory)...and even the MT4 versions you are running (the newer ones appear to have many problems)...

So it may be hard to help with any answers without seeing your entire EA/indicator set up...and any error logs you may have.

Also...your example shows your tester is set for....Every Tick... This is the slowest possible setting.

One suggestion is to run the tester with...Control Points...which tests a lot quicker.

Run and test your strategy with Control Points and then refine your strategy...and then test run with Every Tick for shorter periods.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Hi there Robert,

I am glad to here some comment from you, actually you are among the first to answer from any other questions that I have posted.... ( not that many)

1) You are right about calling the indicator issue, the Pollan's calculation is taking to much of my CPU processing.... but still I got to test this indicator to see its capabilities in deciding the TREND (buy or sell). In the tester I only call the Pollan's indicator there is no other... that's the issue.

2) My CPU is running at the most max 25 and would not go beyond that any more, and it is not constant running at that speed, it depends on the tick( active or not) and I always open 7 charts, each with 8 other indicators. When I check while running the tester the CPU clock rate was at 50... that's high.....

3) The strange thing is this, when running the Pollan's indicator on the charts, the terminal doesn't log any error, but when running the tester there is an error in retrieving a file to calculate the Pollan's indicator. That the issue... I haven't found a solution for that yet...

By the way have you seen the calculation on the Pollan's indicator.....?

It is puzzling me at this part... pos-?

a1=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos));

a2=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-1)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+1))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos));

a3=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-2)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+2))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-1)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+1));

an=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-n)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+n))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-(n-1))-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(n-1)));

4) I have tried running the tester with...Control Points.., and the same thing happen... it is still very slow.....

It is the calculation in retrieving one of my indicator file that is messing up the calculation and taking so long to compute.

I have to look further in to it... hope to find a solution for that...

Thanks for the positive feedback.... friend

Yours truly,

AZRUL

12BPRO:
Hi there Robert,

I am glad to here some comment from you, actually you are among the first to answer from any other questions that I have posted.... ( not that many)

1) You are right about calling the indicator issue, the Pollan's calculation is taking to much of my CPU processing.... but still I got to test this indicator to see its capabilities in deciding the TREND (buy or sell). In the tester I only call the Pollan's indicator there is no other... that's the issue.

2) My CPU is running at the most max 25 and would not go beyond that any more, and it is not constant running at that speed, it depends on the tick( active or not) and I always open 7 charts, each with 8 other indicators. When I check while running the tester the CPU clock rate was at 50... that's high.....

3) The strange thing is this, when running the Pollan's indicator on the charts, the terminal doesn't log any error, but when running the tester there is an error in retrieving a file to calculate the Pollan's indicator. That the issue... I haven't found a solution for that yet...

a2=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-1)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+1))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos));

a3=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-2)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+2))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-1)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+1));

an=(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-n)-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+n))-(iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos-(n-1))-iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos+(n-1)));

4) I have tried running the tester with...Control Points.., and the same thing happen... it is still very slow.....

It is the calculation in retrieving one of my indicator file that is messing up the calculation and taking so long to compute.

Yours truly,

AZRUL

Hi Azrul,

I found a few Pollan Indicators here on the forum...but for some reason they compiled but did not work (locked up my system).

So I can't test why it may be slow...but the code looks messy especially the iCustom part you posted. Confusing to me also.

Some iCustom statements are in Start...others keep calling the iCustoms each time in the "while loop"...which is maybe why it's so slow...??

Hopefully some better coder can look at it for you... I'm only a novice coder...but that's just my guess.

I did attach one Pollan Indicator that did compile and it worked OK for me...but I don't know if it's the same as yours.

Pollan-Indicator.mq4

This one uses a "for loop"...not a "while loop" so it may be faster and easier on your CPU.

Check it out and compare them both. Hopefully this one may work better for you.

Two quick suggestions for you in the meantime...

1) Share any error messages and anything else you have tried.

2) Add plenty of Comments to display all your values to see them each step of the way...using a1, a2, pos, etc...

And watch the calculations and values go through the "while loop"...and where it may slow down.

They may lead you to some answers...or at least to find better questions.

Good luck and good discovery...

Hope this helps,

Robert

pollan-indicator.mq4

Files:

12BPRO:
Hi there Robert,

Yours truly,

AZRUL

AZRUL

If you do not have CCI and RSI in custom indicators folder (and almost sure that you do not) that code will not work

You should use iCCI() and iRSI() built in indicators instead

Hi Mladen,

Excellent intuition...!

My latest build 625 did actually have the CCI and RSi in the custom indicator section...but...they didn't work and needed to be compiled...!

Once I compiled them...the Pollan Indicator that locked up my system before...now works fine...!

That also may solve Azrul's CPU lag problem as well...!

Many thanks for your awesome support for everyone here...!

Take care,

Robert

mladen:
AZRUL

If you do not have CCI and RSI in custom indicators folder (and almost sure that you do not) that code will not work

You should use iCCI() and iRSI() built in indicators instead

Hello MLADEN,

I am very-very glad to received a comment for you... You just brighten up my DAY ....

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your awesome contribution in this forum and I find that you are the genuine guy that really HELP'S people around... I have came a cross a lot of your comment's in this forum and also very useful indicators from your effort...

I don't use the iCustom(NULL,0,"CCI",0,pos) and iCustom(NULL,0,"RSI",0,pos))

in my Pollan indicator... I replace them with my own indicator and also mostly form yours that I modify.....

I only use the calculation on how the Pollan should be calculated....

I have found and resolve the problem that causes the tester to slow down, it was one of the calculation from my indicator..... I have got the result from it.... not so promising for Now....

I have to work on the false entry and exit point if it is going to improve the outcome....

This is a comparision the Original Pollan with my New Pollan...

Have a nice day Sir.........

Yours truly...

AZRUL

P.S

Please ignore the last 2 pictures, I have deleted it but it is still there.... sorry for any confusion

Reason: