Pollan's indicators - page 9

You're welcome Secretcode,

Hey Hiyieldrater2, thanks for the continued updates and refinements.

I'm taking a somewhat different approach towards the use of the indicators in that as you explained, it is like a very smooth version of stochastics for trend determination. So we can use other indicators like gann ssl, asctrend, hull ma or ama for entry signals and use the pollan to verify the signal itself; rather than use the cross of the pollan for a signal.

One question I did have is; why did you think of to pollan > moving average and then RSI of that value and then another MA of that value. I'm curious what your thoughts were when you decided to arrange the indicators like that.

Hello doragio,

I am no expert but i'll give you my opinion,

basically pollan with a value of n=1 gives you an almost no definite way of using it as an indicator. there's no way anybody would want to use it under that setting, and increasing the n value would mean repainting issues.

I thought applying MA to pollan to have it as a smoothing factor, it can be readable in that fashion just like a regular MA we use on our charts. Applying RSI on that MA gives a relative strength indication how the price is reacting based on pollan. If applying RSI directly to pollan n=1, you'll have something similar to William's % range. In my case i wanted something easily understood, i'm no fan of erratic signals criss-crossing everywhere therefore Ma Applied was used.

As far as i know pollan indicates possible overbought and oversold regions or something like non-lag bulls-bear indicator. similar to stochastic that has cyclic nature, the only good feature i like about is it's sensitivity to price change maybe its because of the n=1 value.

With pollan as base indicator with LMA applied RSI and another MA to support that RSi as signal line gives us a different outlook of our pollan indicator...being from unreadable to something that is.

though the experiment like i said earlier has its limitation, it would be good if somebody coded like what i did in a stand alone indicator with further correction.

my pollan last image.

eur-usd hourly chart.

Files:
p_1.png  75 kb

guner:
eur-usd hourly chart.

guner you funny.

please dont waste space by posting pictures.

@guner, you're pollan's setting seems to be set to repaint past bars.. the crosses is almost too good to be true. just a friendly advice, it's risky to base your trades with an indicator that repaints previous records.

He post those same pictures all over the net. Every site I visited had those pictures posted there in the last 24 hours

Hiyieldrater2:
@guner, you're pollan's setting seems to be set to repaint past bars.. the crosses is almost too good to be true. just a friendly advice, it's risky to base your trades with an indicator that repaints previous records.

techmac:
He post those same pictures all over the net. Every site I visited had those pictures posted there in the last 24 hours

really he is very funny dude still now i cant understand why he trying to do! lol

Mr. Hiyieldrater2 i am just watching your work in real time. thank you very much dude!

Hiyieldrater2 I wonder how to behave in accordance with the price index at the top of your strategy, the euro dollar timeframe M15

@ you're welcome debashis.

@magistr913

15tf kinda hard to trade with it unlike higher time frames, though i cant give out yet the proper way to trade under that TF but i tried doing this and it seems to work fine.

Other than the recent strategy i posted this is another variant, and it can be applied under 15tf and short term trades.

Rules are:

Pollan RSi crosses down and Awesome Oscillator is below 0 is selling

Pollan RSi Crosses up and Awesome Oscillator is above 0 is buying.

it's not a perfect system and expect some shortcomings but this is as far as i can come up with something to trade pollan-RSi under 15tf. There's the underlying question that in every signal occur how far will the price will go? sometimes it shoots up and sometimes it doesn't. as for me i always back my trades relying with Higher TF and sync it with lower tf, in that way i have higher chance i could get a trade with +pips and not stopped out.

Files:
sample.jpg  222 kb
Reason: