Pollan's indicators - page 8

In my observation, it seems that the lower Time frame seems to exhibit a lot of noise. Pollan set to n=1 under 15 is criss-crossing at almost all direction. However if we try to increase the input in Pollan both CCI and RSI Period from 25 (Default) to 40 gives somehow a stable signal. noises were reduced to some extent. a minor problem is sometimes the lines overshoots at peaks that you can barely see ma cross.

Below is an image with 2 windows: Upper window has pollan CCI and RSI period on 25. Second window has pollan CCI and RSI period set to 40 (Notice the problem i encircled). But the problem can be remedied somehow i guess, a tweaking in the codes how the display can be correctly shown..maybe.

Files:

tks you shared your templete i filter with my system . very very interesting !

my indicator does not repaint so filter with pollan very clearly ( TF GU H1 )

Files:
gu_flter.jpg  122 kb

can u share ur indicator and template?

Thanks Hiyieldrater2 for the template and indicator.

Cuongcali, How did you get the pollan indicator shift to display like that without the RSI and Moving averages? Mine is very jagged

Thanks

Files:
7190351.jpg  115 kb

Hiyieldrater2:
In my observation, it seems that the lower Time frame seems to exhibit a lot of noise. Pollan set to n=1 under 15 is criss-crossing at almost all direction. However if we try to increase the input in Pollan both CCI and RSI Period from 25 (Default) to 40 gives somehow a stable signal. noises were reduced to some extent. a minor problem is sometimes the lines overshoots at peaks that you can barely see ma cross.

Below is an image with 2 windows: Upper window has pollan CCI and RSI period on 25. Second window has pollan CCI and RSI period set to 40 (Notice the problem i encircled). But the problem can be remedied somehow i guess, a tweaking in the codes how the display can be correctly shown..maybe.

can you share this template tks again !

you're welcome Doragio and cuongcali,

I have to warn though that the template i presented earlier is just a Raw experiment on pollan. it shouldn't primarily added as a valid indicator since it's still has many limitations. although the result gave some interesting analysis on trend.

The fact that pollan seems to signal an early warning before a trend reverses or consolidates perhaps may be useful somehow.

2 things i found is that whenever a signal is generated it either goes on a trend or ranges. It would be good if only we could only enter which signals gives a good trending market and avoid signals that gives a consolidating one (range bound).

@cuongcali

can you share this template tks again !

The template was only for comparison between a pollan RSI and CCI period of 25 and 40. The yellow and green lines in the main chart is another indicator called "channel scalper". I Posted that indicator here in this forum, you may try search it. but in any case here is the template you asked pollan_rsi_2_windows.tpl

Files:

excellent signal pollan with my system today !

Files:
gu2.jpg  115 kb

cuongcali:
excellent signal pollan with my system today !

pls share ur template

Hello again,

I did some changes and further experiment on pollan to make it more reliable (well, not entirely reliable but almost to the point that it is)

I corrected the pollan-rsi indicator that it would "No longer be showing everything in Reverse", this time it's in the proper order. Furthermore, Pollan RSI acts pretty much like Stochastic as well as Schaff Trend with the exception that at certain times it reacts faster giving signals and a clear indication of buy and sell.

I added another window and this time it's a combination of Moving average based on Pollan (with n=1, to avoid repainting) and Fisher_v1 indicator. ---Now this combination acts as a Filter for "long term outlook" and gives you an analysis to help you identify RSi-pollan if its going erratic.

The chart is self explanatory, 1st window pollanRSI suggest price movement at price action current state. 2nd window shows the main trend where price is going, if pollanMA is above 0 and Fisher is below it means a long term down trend and if pollanMa is below 0 and Fisher is above translates that long term trend is buying.

I have tested this on 15minute & 1hour Chart under a Simulator, so far the indicators behaves accordingly.

Here are the updated indicators, and the template i call it the pollanic groove :

pollanicgroove.tpl

pollan-indicator_shift.ex4

pollan-indi-shift_orig.ex4

fisher_v1.ex4

Do try to test the template in demo, if you have a simulator much better, gives you a faster way of observing how pollan based system behaves and perhaps gives you an idea how to use it. it may not be perfect but it's fun trying out new strategies.

Hiyieldrater2:
Hello again,

I did some changes and further experiment on pollan to make it more reliable (well, not entirely reliable but almost to the point that it is)

I corrected the pollan-rsi indicator that it would "No longer be showing everything in Reverse", this time it's in the proper order. Furthermore, Pollan RSI acts pretty much like Stochastic as well as Schaff Trend with the exception that at certain times it reacts faster giving signals and a clear indication of buy and sell.

I added another window and this time it's a combination of Moving average based on Pollan (with n=1, to avoid repainting) and Fisher_v1 indicator. ---Now this combination acts as a Filter for "long term outlook" and gives you an analysis to help you identify RSi-pollan if its going erratic.

The chart is self explanatory, 1st window pollanRSI suggest price movement at price action current state. 2nd window shows the main trend where price is going, if pollanMA is above 0 and Fisher is below it means a long term down trend and if pollanMa is below 0 and Fisher is above translates that long term trend is buying.

I have tested this on 15minute & 1hour Chart under a Simulator, so far the indicators behaves accordingly.

Here are the updated indicators, and the template i call it the pollanic groove :

pollanicgroove.tpl

pollan-indicator_shift.ex4

pollan-indi-shift_orig.ex4

fisher_v1.ex4

Do try to test the template in demo, if you have a simulator much better, gives you a faster way of observing how pollan based system behaves and perhaps gives you an idea how to use it. it may not be perfect but it's fun trying out new strategies.

Hi Hiyieldrater2

Really interesting !

Thanks for sharing your work

Regards,

secretcode

Reason: