Pollan's indicators - page 31

seekers:
In a ranging conditions that EA does a good job. It is irrelevant what indicator it uses in ranging market (it could be even random) it will still perform fairly well, so the whole thing is not as much of the indicator (which repaints) but about the EA (that is quite good)

When i backtest it, I get no results. Have you a resolution?

I used default parameters with default indicator and it works (did not do anything special).

erdenmensch:

erdenmensch

I tested the EA now too and it works in backtest. In the _O_iCustomName parameter enter "EATA pollan vers mod 2" and in the _O_iCustomParamenter "21/21/8/2/true" (or use the set file for testing) and it will work. If you omit the _O_iCustomName it will not work since the EA does not have hard coded indicator calls but you have to "tell" it which indicator to use

erdenmensch:

mladen:
erdenmensch I tested the EA now too and it works in backtest. In the _O_iCustomName parameter enter "EATA pollan vers mod 2" and in the _O_iCustomParamenter "21/21/8/2/true" (or use the set file for testing) and it will work. If you omit the _O_iCustomName it will not work since the EA does not have hard coded indicator calls but you have to "tell" it which indicator to use

I use the indicators from post ##269. Do I need the indicators from post #270 also?

Is there a way to upload the setfile?

When I start the backtest MT4 breaks down.

Can anybody program an alert for EATA pollan vers mod 2, when the arrow change the direction? This would be great.

erdenmensch

Yes, those are the one I used too

Copy the "EATA pollan vers 2 exp eurgbp auto .set" from the zipped file to presets folder and, before starting the backtest, in the experts properties use load to load that .set file. Then it should be working OK

PS: this was just a test if the EA works (and it works). My testing results did not come out as good as the results presented in some posts (90% modeling quality)

erdenmensch:
I use the indicators from post ##269. Do I need the indicators from post #270 also?

Is there a way to upload the setfile?

When I start the backtest MT4 breaks down.

Can anybody program an alert for EATA pollan vers mod 2, when the arrow change the direction? This would be great.

EATA pollan repaints...once you change timeframes back and forth...it changes dramatically

Pava:
EATA pollan repaints...once you change timeframes back and forth...it changes dramatically

Don't change time frames, then it will be perfect

I seriously doubt that:)

:):):)

However you use it it is going to repaint 9 bars. It seems that seekers is on right track : it is the EA not the indicator that does not let it fail miserably in some cases and some symbols and some settings, even though I get results like this for GBPUSD in 2013 for example :

So, in a lot of cases it looks like a "lucky strike" case. Some (rare) cases will work for some reason, and the majority of other cases will not

WR1:
Don't change time frames, then it will be perfect
Files:

so...to play this indicator...I have to wait 8 bars...and if conditions are still there, to follow arrow?:)

Reason: