Ultimate No Nonsense Backtester
Ultimate No Nonsense FX Backtester - You can Run Forward Test Simulation with this tool!
Do Not Download the Demo Here, Please Read Below!
Ultimate NNFX Backtester is a powerful utility tool that significantly reduces the length of backtesting process for NNFX followers.
As well as for Forex traders that operates their entries and exits at the close of a candle and manage the risk using ATR.
Please read through following detailed descriptions and explore the tool in the chart. Please also see the video on how to operate this tool.
If any confusions and bugs, please direct to email@example.com with pictures or videos of the issue.
I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please check out the demo first to see if you like this product
The correct Demo version can be found in this link: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/52403
Link to my NNFX History News Event Tool: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/53243
Note: This tool will not work properly in strategy tester(demo version) due to chart object creation.
- Ability to save buy and sell trades and calculate profit or loss with mouse clicks and buttons.
- Ability to Run Forward Test Simulation and save you tons of time.
- You can backtest any commodity, anytime frame, any broker's data.
- Ability to rewind trades up-to as early as possible during backtesting.
- Automatically calculates the profit of the scaled out position and add to the total profit.
- Ability to perform Monte Carlo Simulation after your backtest to evaluate your algorithm's ability to withstand random market movements.
- Automatically calculates win rate & ROI & auto update balance & Max Drawdown + Current Drawdown.
- Ability to set Max Drawdown alert, will triggered as soon as breached.
- Shows GrossProfit & GrossLoss & Profit Factor & Total P/L.
- All live stats of your backtest is directly displayed on the chart - live stats can be hidden or bring back by keypress.
- Ability to generate the equity curve overview directly on chart.
- Ability to adjust your risk every single trade with a single keyboard press.
- Displays your computer timezone + your broker's timezone using GMT.
- Auto-adjust lot size and Max Drawdown as your equity curve grows during backtest.
- Ability to print out the backtest result to /MQL4/Files with all stats included by pressing TAB key.
- Ability to set max trades to be recorded and increase it as you need as backtesting goes.(by key press)
- Ability to Reset backtest with a single keypress(R).
- Ability to measure candle bodysize.
Customizable Parameters(in the same order as inputs)
ATR Take Profit Multiplier
ATR Stop Loss Multiplier
% of Position to be scaled out
% of Max Drawdown Alert
Number of Trades to be recorded
2. TP and SL level now are marked with a small line once a trade is placed.
3. TP and SL text are aligned with the TP and SL lines.
4. Action for undetermined trade is now available in the inputs(this is what the backtester will do when you have a trade that has both SL and TP on the same candle).
2. On Chart mouse over switch for backtesting on/off is available, can be turned on in the input settings, it is called "Onchart Backtest Dot".
3. Trade Frequency is now added in the printed CSV file, you can now see your trading frequency is "1 trade per x Bars"
2. Ultra Simple Panel is now an option in the input settings, you can chose to use it instead of the standard simple panel to have even less information displayed on the chart.
3. Minor Monte Carlo Simulation Bug Fixed.(Riskscore was not showing up properly before and people always get categorized as "very safe")
2. G key is now assigned for running Monte Carlo Simulation after you've done your backtest, note that it has to be done inside the equity overview mode.
3. Crosshair now automatically disable itself when your mouse is on top of Print, Reset, Rewind, View Equity, Monte Carlo Buttons.
4. A confirmation message box now pops up when you click on reset button, this is to prevent people from clicking on the reset button accidentally and reset the whole progress by mistake.
5. Fixed a bug where the backtester freezes when backtesting year is reduced to 0 while you are progressing. Now pops an alert telling you year cannot be reduced to 0.
2. Equity Curve overview now supports all balance level and is fully automatic(No manual scrolling or adjusting chart scale anymore), can be viewed by pressing Ctrl or clicking on the "View Equity" Button
Press Ctrl/or Button to Hide/Show Equity Curve. Upon Hiding the Equity Curve, the backtester will take you right back to where your last trade where.
3. G key for hiding Big Horizontal Axis of Equity Curve is now removed. Equity Curve now only shows when it is called by Key press or button press.
4. Cleaned up comment section and updated.
2. Simulation mode added, can now be turn on or off in the inputs, or by simply pressing B on the keyboard. You can adjust if you want to block 1/4 of the right screen, or block all the way to the middle. You can progress the chart by pressing F12, one candle at a time.
2. Hide/Show Horizontal Equity Line using G only. (used to be G for hide, F for show).
3. Now you can reset your entry line or exit line right away using F key on keyboard without continuous mouse click.
4. TP and SL Level on both directions now are displayed upon first entry candle click. (can be turned off in the inputs).
2. Minor Bug fix.
2. Press E to skip the chart to the ending date of the backtest you've selected instead of scrolling.
adjust Risk/Scaling out %/TP&SL Multiplier for every trade using buttons instead of Hot Keys on the Key board.
2. Original Hot Keys for Risk, Scaling up %, TP&SL multiplier adjustments remains intact.
3. Small Panel can be moved by W, A, S, D keys, X and Y coordinates are displayed on the panel, you can type the coordinates
in the input settings, this way small panel will show up in the location where you preferred without moving it again.
2. Fixed a bug where risk used for every trade is not printed properly.
3. Scaling out %, TP multiplier and SL multiplier for every trade is now printed in CSV.
Press 8 = Decrease TP Multiplier
Press 9 = Increase TP Multiplier
Press 0 = Decrease SL Multiplier
Press "equal sign" to Increase SL Multiplier
2. Number of Unit of Increment for the above function can be adjusted in the input settings. Default is 0.1 Multiplier Increment.
2. Number of unit of increment on live Risk or Scaling out percentage can be changed in the inputs.
3. Fixed bug where H suppose to decrease risk instead increasing risk.
4. Advanced Print Options by pressing 5 on/off. Allows you to print your current backtest stats using a different start balance
and risk %. However, with certain limitations displayed when pressing 5.
5. Number of unit of increment on advanced print for Risk and Balance can be changed in the inputs. (button numbers)
2. Cleaned up some decimals in the CSV file.
2. Loss now has a separate column in the printed CSV.
3. 1st TP, 2nd Position and Loss now can be customized to print in Pips or Dollars, Set in inputs or Press C to switch pips or
4. Sound effect added for Buying or Selling trades, Rewind, Switching Modes, Reset and when loading indicator. Can be switched
off in the input settings.
5. Trade Number in the printed file adjusted to the first column.
2. 1st Position TP Profit and 2nd Remaining Position Profit is now printed in the CSV for further analysis.
3. % of 1st Position Profit out of Total Profit, % of 2nd Remaining Position Profit out of Total Profit is now Printed.
4. Trades that did not Hit SL nor TP is now marked as Chulked Trades in the CSV.
2. Press Tab for printing has been brought back.
3. Now has a comment to advise you what key to press for bring back live stats when it is hidden.
2. Old hotkey for Reset and Print has been removed. Buy, Sell and Rewind hotkey remains.
3. Live stats panel now can be switched to simple panel with only important stats By pressing V.
4. CSV file format now is more tidy.
5. Fixed a bug where attempting to print results without any trades will cause the backtester to froze.
6. Slightly adjusted live stats position.
7. Buy and Sell button have two display location choices.
2. ATR Period is printed in the CSV File.
3. ATR Period is displayed on live stats.
4. Total Net Pips is printed in CSV File.
5. Equity Horizontal Line can now be hidden by pressing G, bring back by F Key.
6. Font Size for ATR Text, Lot Size Text, BuySell P/L Text and Pip Distance Text are now adjustable in the inputs.
7. Trailing options are now available upon first click of entry, Mouse over to the candle where trailexit happens then
Press M to trail for Buy Trade, Press N to trail for Sell Trade. Then continue to click to save trades as usual.
8. Trailing parameters are in the inputs.
2. Fixed where closing 100% of position at TP records incorrect Pips into the printed CSV file.
3. SL, TP and BE Text on chart during backtesting mode can now be hidden by Shift Key, bring back by Ctrl Key.
4. Font size of Buy and Sell Text on chart during backtesting mode can now be adjusted in the input settings.
5. Lot size are now all adjusted to your account currency.
6. Equity Curves Overview on the chart adjusted to proper scale for all commodity and now requires very little zooming to see
all of it.
7. Fixed sometimes where the live stats and printed CSV file displaying too many decimals.
8. Fixed clicking on a bar at the very end of a chart where there are not enough bars for atr calculation will cause the
backtester to froze, it now alerts that there is no atr value at where you clicked.
9. Fixed sometimes backtester does not get the correct TP and SL.
10. Now alert you if the lot size of a trade is below minimal required lot by your broker.
2. Now printed file includes, equity changes and peak balance reached and will now print the exact number of trades backtested.
2. A tick or a cross is displayed at the entry candle of the trade you saved, depending whether it was a loss or a win.
3. Entry Dates of every trade saved are now printed in the CSV File.
4. Pips won per trade is now printed in the CSV File.
5. Changing the Measure Mode name to Backtest Mode to avoid confusion.
6. ATR, ATR TP and ATR SL are now locked upon first click of entry candle during backtest mode.
7. If exit candle is not clicked yet during backtest mode, the distance will display as Pips distance between entry candle close
and current mouse location, it is dynamic and updated as you move your mouse.
8. Backtesting Start Date and Backtesting End Date is now a input, and is for displaying vertical lines on the chart only. So you can see from the chart more clearly where you started and ended.