PriceChannel Parabolic system - page 21

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

PriceChannel Parabolic system

newdigital, 2013.02.14 14:45

I remember some talking between very experience trader and newbie:

• Trader:"do you know that scalping is very risky for you to trade?"
  • Newbie: "yes, I know it"
  • Trader: "do you know that you can lose most part of your deposit in one day?"
  • Newbie: "yes, I know about it"
  • Trader: "So, you will not use scalping in live trading?"
  • Newbie: 'I will use it"
  • Trader: "Why?!
  • Newbie: "because it is very intreresting for me".

:) 

Press review

newdigital, 2014.03.07 09:08

Who Can Trade a Scalping Strategy? (based on dailyfx article)

• Scalpers look to trade session momentum
  • Scalpers do not have to be high frequency traders
  • Anyone can scalp with an appropriate trading plan

The term scalping elicits different preconceived connotations to different traders. Despite what you may already think, scalping can be a viable short term trading methodology for anyone. So today we will look at what exactly is scalping, and who can be successful with a scalping based strategy.

What is a Scalper?

So you’re interested in scalping? A Forex scalper is considered anyone that takes one or more positions throughout a trading day. Normally these positions are based around short term market fluctuations as price gathers momentum during a particular trading session. Scalpers look to enter the market, and preferably exit positions prior to the market close.

Normally scalpers employ technical trading strategies utilizing short term support and resistance levels for entries. While normally fundamentals don’t factor into a scalpers trading plan, it is important to keep an eye on the economic calendar to see when news may increase the market’s volatility.

High Frequency Trading

There is a strong misconception that all scalpers are high frequency traders. So how many trades a day does it take to be considered a scalper? Even though high frequency traders ARE scalpers, in order for you to qualify as a scalper you only need to take 1 position a day! That is one of the benefits of scalping. You can trade as much or as little as you like within a giving trading period.

This also falls in line with one of the benefits of the Forex market. Due to the 24Hr trading structure of Forex, you can scalp the market at your convenience. Take advantage of the quiet Asia trading session, or the volatile New York – London overlap. Trade as much or as little as you like. As a scalper the choice is ultimately yours to make!

Risks

There are always risks associated with trading. Whether you are a short term, long term, or any kind of trader in between any time you open a position you should work on managing your risk. This is especially true for scalpers. If the market moves against you suddenly due to news or another factor, you need to have a plan of action for limiting your losses.

There are other misconceptions that scalpers are very aggressive traders prone to large losses. One way to help combat this is to make scalping a mechanical process. This means that all of your decisions regarding entries, exits, trade size, leverage and other factors should be written down and finalized before approaching the charts. Most scalpers look to risk 1% or even less of their account balance on any one position taken!

Who can Scalp?

So this brings us to the final question. Who can be a scalper? The answer is anyone with the dedication to develop a trading strategy and the time to implement that strategy on any given trading day.

=================

Trading examples

Metaquotes demo 

GoMarkets broker, initial deposit is 1,000

Alpari UK broker initial deposit is 1,000

RoboForex broker initial deposit is 1,000

Please find updated PriceChannel Parabolic system :

PriceChannel ColorPar Ichi

Indicators and tenplate are attached

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

AUDUSD, W1, 2014.04.07

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

temp_file_screenshot_18608.png

AUDUSD, W1, 2014.04.07, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

AUDUSD, D1, 2014.04.07

MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

temp_file_screenshot_35030.png

AUDUSD, D1, 2014.04.07, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 5, Demo

newdigital, 2013.03.22 14:04

PriceChannel Parabolic system basic edition

• indicators and template to download for black background (first post of this thread)
  • PriceChannel indicator is on CodeBase here, same for white background, how to install
  • Clock indicator to be used with this trading system - Indicator displays three variants of time in the chart: local, server and GMT 
  • PriceChannel ColorPar Ichi system is on this post

Latest version of the system with latest EAs to download

How to trade

The settingas for EAs: optimization and backtesting 

Trading examples

Metaquotes demo 

GoMarkets broker, initial deposit is 1,000

Alpari UK broker initial deposit is 1,000

RoboForex broker initial deposit is 1,000

Hi do you have the final AFL indicator for mt4? thanks.

This is for MT4 here I found in CodeBase

You have done a lot of work with this, I really appreciate your efforts.

daveM

I wonder if there is a trailing stop available, I see that you have  had this on a daily chart, a trailing stop would be most useful.

I had a look in codebase and did not see one, However there is one in the marketplace that I will purchase.

valeagrl1:
Hi everybody!  Thank you for this thread etc. newdigital!  I have been studying the historicals with this system you are discussing in this thread, namely, combining PriceChannel_Signal and AFL_Winner for confirmation.  I am curious to hear from anybody else who has used these, which time frame seems to be the most accurate for them combined, and what settings (period and average) work best for which time frames for the AFL Winner.  From what I can tell so far, the M30 time frame seems to be the best, with AFL Winner set to the defaults Period 10 & average 5, but I'd like to get other trader's perspectives on this. Kindest,

I am just looking at this system, I think you might be right about 30 minute time frame. We can waste a lot of time on the smaller time frames and also lose money. I don't think this is great for scalping quick pips.

I wonder if the Price Channel should be optimized for each specific chart. 

Blaiserboy:

You have done a lot of work with this, I really appreciate your efforts.

daveM

I wonder if there is a trailing stop available, I see that you have  had this on a daily chart, a trailing stop would be most useful.

I had a look in codebase and did not see one, However there is one in the marketplace that I will purchase.

you mean - ts for manual trading?

This system is using Parabolic so it can be acted as a traling stop for example - look at this post.

Reason: