How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 112

What interesting is that i just started researching how to use MT5 again about a week ago. I seems like I try this at the beginning of every year. The platform seems so much better and I want to cross over, but the challenges for me are always the same it seems.

1.   Paying coders to convert of existing coding from MT4 platform. Years ago Microsoft faced issue where people did not want to upgrade their systems because of existing software compatibility concerns. I think MQL needs to find a way to (without user coding knowledge) allow some the existing EA to function on MT5. Microsoft even had a “compatibility mode” for software. If MT4 to MT5 trade copiers can do it, why cant an internal function do it as well? Even if everything isn’t working 100%, or it the terminal is slowed in compatibility mode… at least MT4 users are becoming familiar with the platform.
  2.   Finding brokers who use the platform (I am even further limited because I am US resident)
  3. 3inding a way to get 99% backttesting data (I do all testing in MT4 and copy to MT5 platform)
  4. Just some simple videos showing user of MT4 how to transition to MT5 and where to find familiar functions seems warranted at this point. Not articles……but actual videos!!! Do you know I STILL have no clue how when after prematurely stopping a backtest, to review the final results data? I always have to let the backtest run the full data range to get the data. Im SURE its a simple step, the problem is I loss interest in searching after 30 seconds.

But I like the approach you at taking which is to get new comers to use it, because for existing MT4 users, its almost a lost cause. For us MT4 NON Programming types (because there are plenty of programming article for Mt4 to Mt5) we really need dumbed down transition videos. Anything else is WAAAYY too much effort.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Akamai Technologies provides MetaTrader 5 brokers with extra protection against DDoS attacks

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.02.01 15:00

We have added the functionality of using third-party Anti-DDoS services. The new Anti DDoS Proxy Server component, allows brokers to shift the burden of blocking unwanted connections, to a third-party 4vendor's server network.

When using an Anti DDoS Proxy Server, all clients are connected to the provider's public access points, instead of being connected directly to the access servers. Unwanted connections are sorted out in the provider's own network of servers, while legitimate connections from real clients, are forwarded to the access servers. The broker's infrastructure is practically not affected.

Josh Shaul, Vice President of Web Security, Akamai Technologies

Josh Shaul, Vice President of Web Security, Akamai Technologies

Our partner, Akamai Technologies, is one of the world's largest infrastructure companies, offering a portfolio of cloud security solutions. The provider's massively distributed platform, is unparalleled in scale, with over 200,000 servers across 130 countries, thus providing customers with a superior performance and with a superior threat protection.

“By leveraging Akamai’s massive global network as a defensive shield, MetaTrader 5 will now be able to immediately bolster the protection of its clients from DDoS attacks", says Mr Josh Shaul, Vice President of Web Security, Akamai Technologies. "Our tools allow stopping attackers long before they are able to reach the MetaTrader 5 systems or clients”.

Stock Market A To Z: 26 Names, Themes And Trends To Watch

Sergey Golubev, 2017.04.23 08:16

As the people are continuing asking about Indian market data so it is the information about -

I think - some MT5 brokers are also providing those data so please find it by yourself for example.

-----------------

Find a Server by the Broker's Name:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3981953  
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820 

----------------

Help for beginners  

----------------

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad Help - Connecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android 

-----------------

How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

PSB-Forex offers MetaTrader 5 to traders

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.02.13 11:52

The services of the licensed bank forex dealer are now available for retail clients. LLC "PSB-Forex" is a subsidiary of Promsvyazbank PJSC. Last April, the company received the eighth license of the Central Bank for the rendering of services in the Russian OTC market.

A framework agreement with LLC "PSB-Forex" can be concluded remotely via the online Agent's bank - Promsvyazbank PJSC. The online bank also allows deposit of funds to a special section of a nominal account. Withdrawal of funds from a trading account is free of charge.

Sergey Maslennikov, Managing Director

Sergey Maslennikov, Managing Director, PSB-Forex

"When choosing a trading platform for our clients, our decision was unanimous. MetaTrader 5 revolutionary solution has no competitors in the market", says Mr Sergey Maslennikov, Managing Director of PSB-Forex. "It is easy to be mastered while it features broad capabilities and remains suitable for traders of all skill levels. The built-in development environment allows implementation of the most ambitious trading ideas. Multiple public services and a well-developed community of users with a long history constitute an indispensable ecosystem. MetaTrader 5 meets the highest requirements in terms of stability and security, while providing flexibility, and an ease of customization with ever-expanding functionality. All this is the result of many years of creative work of the company, which rightfully occupies the position as the industry's sole leader. We are pleased to be at the forefront of the regulated Forex market together with MetaQuotes Software Corp. and offer MetaTrader 5 PSB Forex to our traders!"

Where can I see my purchases?

The "Purchased" tab displays all the products downloaded and purchased using the current MQL5.community account. If MQL5.community account data are not specified in the platform settings, the tab name changes to "Downloads". It displays all downloads and purchases made in the current trading platform regardless of the account.

---------------------

Some of my MT4 products are not available on MT4 Platform [SOLVED]

How to Purchase an App - Market App Store - MetaTrader 5
How to Purchase an App - Market App Store - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Market features thousands of products for the trading platform. They include trading robots and technical indicators and useful utilities. In addition to purchasing, you can download a variety of free useful applications from the Market. Thousands of products are featured on the Market. This section will help understand the wide range of...

As the people (the customers) are continuing to upload decompiled codes asking the developers/coders to fix something so I want to remind about the following thread: 

Can not use Freelance Service last 2 days

Internet Browser Requirements

Alexey, 2013.01.17 10:51

Internet Explorer 8 or higher is required for the Market to work in MetaTrader terminal

MT4 asked for proxy server during installation

Stuart Browne, 2015.10.25 11:03

Please use the search function, has been bought up many times before: UBuntu : Proxy

Sergey Golubev, 2016.06.23 12:19

Good article for someone with Mac :

MetaTrader 4 on Mac OS

• "Apple products have become very popular. MetaQuotes Software Corp. attentively follows the progress of the IT industry and has already released the special mobile applications for iOS-based devices - MetaTrader 4 for iPhone and MetaTrader 5 for iPhone."
  • "There are many topics on the MQL4.community forum, where people are seeking a solution for running MetaTrader 4 under the Mac OS operating system. In this article, you will find out how to work in MetaTrader 4 via the Apple's popular operating system."

New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1755

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.01.18 11:08

We recommend anyone who has long been using 32-bit Wine for MetaTrader 5 due to the past incompatibility with the 64-bit terminal to upgrade Wine to the latest 64-bit version and re-install MetaTrader 5 in 64 bits.

Besides, make sure to set the Wine compatibility mode to at least Windows 7 instead of the default Windows XP. No more updates for Windows XP/2003/Vista will be released.

We are also halting the development of the 32-bit versions of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. The updates for 32-bit MetaTrader 5 are to be completely stopped soon.

PMEX switches to MetaTrader 5

MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2018.02.28 15:16

The Pakistan Mercantile Exchange (PMEX) has decided to offer MetaTrader 5 to all its market participants. This means that 333 PMEX members will be able to operate their business on MetaTrader 5 and to offer advanced trading and investment facilities to their clients. The cutting-edge functionality of the popular platform will become available to Pakistani traders, including the most powerful automated trading possibilities through the desktop application, mobile applications for iOS and Android devices and the full-featured web platform. Also, traders will be able to rent virtual hosting servers, apply technical indicators from the Market and use other MetaTrader 5 services for the optimal PMEX futures trading experience.

PMEX switches to MetaTrader 5

Ejaz Ali Shah, Managing Director of PMEX

Established in 2007 in Karachi, PMEX is the first and only futures market in Pakistan regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP).

"In early 2015, we announced the MetaTrader 5 integration with PMEX, and a month later one of Pakistani brokers started offering the new platform to their clients," said Gaies Chreis, MetaQuotes' Chief Operating Officer. "Now, after three years, PMEX completely switches to our software. This is definitely a beneficial step for all members of the exchange. Operating on MetaTrader 5, PMEX will be able to smoothly connect institutional clients, while brokers will be able to provide their traders fast and reliable access to the exchange. As for traders, they will certainly appreciate the comfort of trading through the advanced ecosystem of the fifth generation platform. Our wish is for other exchanges to follow the example of PMEX".

The Pakistan Mercantile Exchange offers MetaTrader 5 to all its market participants

Left to right: Anwar Mirza (IT Consultant of PMEX), Ejaz Ali Shah (Managing Director of PMEX), Hamad Shah (Head of MetaQuotes Pakistan) and Shehzad Makhani (COO of PMEX)

Mr. Ejaz Ali Shah, Managing Director of PMEX stated, "PMEX is proud to announce the availability of MetaTrader 5 for all its Market Participants. The offering of MetaTrader 5 by the Exchange is in line with its technological overhauling strategy. The Exchange has always remained proactive in identifying and exploring ways for improving its existing technology infrastructure to allow its members and clients a seamless trading".

Reason: