Internet Browser Requirements

Good Morning from dennis@xpressgr.co.za , a persistent message keeps appearing when I logon and I am unable to act upon it because when I try to upgrade to IE8 or beyond I fail I think because the Windows version I am using is Windows XP 64 bit. My default browser is Firefox. Can I ignore this message ------  < PR    3    Browser    10:53:33    Please upgrade your Internet Explorer to 8.0 or higher >   ?

Do you have Service Pack 3 installed? Internet Explorer 8 can be installed on Windows XP. Try to install all the available updates for the system first.

Internet Explorer 8 or higher is required for the Market to work in MetaTrader terminal

Alexx:

Do you have Service Pack 3 installed? Internet Explorer 8 can be installed on Windows XP. Try to install all the available updates for the system first.

Internet Explorer 8 or higher is required for the Market to work in MetaTrader terminal

I don't even have IE8, i only have firefox and the Market work fine in MetaTrader  terminl

forexgoshen:
I don't even have IE8, i only have firefox and the Market work fine in MetaTrader  terminl
Then what version of IE do you have?

forexgoshen:
I only have firefox ( I don't plan to install IE ) and the market work fine too, but the message is very annoying...

I think you guys should answer Alexx's question

Then what version of IE do you have?

I have latest IE, never use it but I know that there are several programs/apps that when run need and use IE, so I have to have latest IE for security/stability purpose. If you can't download latest IE then check your internet connection and run System File Checker (google that).

Internet Explorer is a system component, even if you uninstall it will not be removed completely, you'll just be unable to start its executable file (and some other things). Its core files used by OS and other applications will stay. You can read more here.

Reason: