MT4 Strategy Builder
MT4 Strategy Builder (‘StratBuilder’) is a grid-trading strategy development utility, offering traders the functionality to develop their own unique strategies, without having to program MQL code!
NEW to STRATBUILDER? - automate your trading within minutes, by applying our fully-automated sample hedge strategy to the USDJPY H1 symbol.
A sample hedge strategy for the USDJPY H1 currency pair is supplied FREE of charge, with every download of StratBuilder. When this sample strategy is applied, StratBuilder acts as an Expert Advisor (EA), i.e. a fully automated pre-programmed trading system.
It is strongly suggested that a virtual server be rented from MQL5 and that the setup on the trader’s computer be migrated to one of these servers, to allow StratBuilder to run 24/7, without interruption.
In terms of this strategy, StratBuilder opens a basket of trades and profit taking occurs when account equity reaches a targeted percentage profit and all positions are closed simultaneously.
Steps to apply the USDJPY sample hedge strategy (H1, 5-digit broker):
- Download the USDJPY sample strategy.set file by selecting the Google Drive folder link on the product website 'User guide' page (product website address displayed on the YouTube video on the Screenshots tab and also provided in the Comments tab)
- Download and install StratBuilder on the MetaTrader 4 platform terminal and apply the utility to the USDJPY chart (H1, 5-digit broker), by following the steps below:
- Right click on MT4 Strategy Builder in the Navigator area of the MetaTrader 4 terminal screen and select 'Attach to chart'
- Select the Inputs tab on the StratBuilder utility window, retain (do not change) the default parameter in the Value column, which is set to Unused (first parameter at the top)
- Select Load on the Inputs tab and browse your computer Downloads folder to locate the USDJPY Hedge_NEW (060318).set file and double click on it to return to the MetaTrader 4 terminal
- Next, click OK to apply these settings (the window will close)
- Migrate these settings to the MQL5 VPS (in the Navigator area, right click on the VPS name, select 'Synchronize experts, indicators and signal' and wait for the 'Status is started' log to appear in the Terminal area of the MetaTrader 4 platform when the Journal tab is selected
Back tested results for the period June 4, 2017 to July 2, 2018 can be viewed on the Screenshots tab.
StratBuilder user guide: The link to the product website which hosts a detailed product description and comprehensive user guide can be found in the Comments tab. The developers offer FREE SUPPORT with the setup of StratBuilder (via Skype screen sharing/email). The contact details are listed on the product website.
A FREE semi-automated sample trend strategy is made available to StratBuilder clients with prior experience of navigating the MetaTrader 4 terminal screen. Optimized parameter.set files are provided for eight symbols (which includes currency pairs, commodities and indices). To trade this strategy successfully, the trader takes a view on the medium to longer term trend of the symbol and either apply a LONG or SHORT.set file to the symbol chart. Once this setup is synched with the VPS, the solution is fully automated, i.e. StratBuilder opens a basket of trades and closes all positions simultaneously when these trades collectively reach a predetermined profit target (ring fenced for every symbol and calculated as a percentage profit on account equity). More details can be found on the product website (website address provided in the Comments tab).
Whether you are a scalper or a long-term trend trader, StratBuilder offers you a reliable and easy way to automate your strategy!
* Fixed minor mail-report bug
* Changed the behaviour of "Max Inactivity" slightly
* Moving average (single and double) support
* Multiple order property modifiers added (age, long/short difference)
* Multiple improvements regarding order levels
* Magic number support
* Mail reports
* Inputs friendly names added
Show previous and next levels
Made slippage an input
Added reasonable default values