V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve

Greetings,

I have searched a long time for an EA that works well in all markets, and I finally found one. I want to say right upfront that this EA is not mine, I did not develop it, and can take no credit for it whatsoever. It is all the work of one who goes by cucurucu.

The advantages of a Martingale method of trading is "no losses". The disadvantage, of course, is a huge loss. By this I mean that Martingale EA's seek to have no losses by "doubling up" after losing trades, until the market turns and recoups all losses and then some. But of course what happens if the market doesn't turn, pretty soon the "doubling up" wipes out your account.

This EA, the "V1 and V2" EA provides the best of both worlds. It increases lot size as the market is going in one direction, but since it is a "hedging" EA it also takes profits as the market goes in one direction, which helps greatly in offsetting any negative effects of increasing lot sizes during losing trades.

My experience with this EA is that it is one fantastic EA. I backtested for awhile and then jumped right in to live trading. You can backtest it on EUR/USD and see that it is quite profitable and has a very smooth equity curve.

I am attaching the EA on this post, and in the following posts will be placing pertinent comments from the developer, cucurucu, as well as additional modifications to the EA that have taken place to allow trading mini accounts, taking profit every 5%, and a few others. Cucurucu said that he would come in here and post a modification to allow the changing of lot sizes/risk, etc. sometime this coming week.

This EA, as is attached to this post, requires that two charts of the same currency be open in order to trade properly. One chart will have "V1" on it, and the other chart will have "V2" on it, since you cannot place the two EAs on one chart. In another post I will attach a modification that allows you to place the "V1andV2" on one chart. Any timeframe is fine, as this EA only looks at the current price which is the same on all timeframes.

So test out this wonderful EA. Post your thoughts/questions, etc. But let us please keep this thread solely about the V1andV2 EA, or its modifications, and no other EAs.

Thank you.

Mike

Files:

Summary of 2 Months Statement

Originally, I had trouble opening the summary of the 2 months statement of the V1andV2 EA, so cucurucu published it in text format. Here it is:

Initial deposit=3000

Gross Profit=1614.

Gross Loss=485.

Total Net Profit=1128.

Profit Factor=3.32

Maximal Drawdown (%)= 63.15 (1.70%)

Total Trades= 287

Profit Trades=203 (70.73%)

Closed Trade P/L: 1 128.64

Floating P/L: -1.20

Questions From Members/Answers From Cucurucu

Some members have asked questions, and here are the answers provided by Cucurucu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trader83

cucurucu,

you said that you traded these EA V1+V2 from January 2006, what was the max lot position that was opened?

Cucurucu: Max position was 3.62 lots (8th trade) when the balance was 14,500$. The maximum number of open orders (on the same direction) was 8 and happened only this single time.

Quote:

Did your account manage to survive in November, when there was a strong move? What leverage do you use? Thanks!

Cucurucu: Yes. At the begining of november 2006, the account balance was around 20,000$ and at the end of november it was 22,000$. So, it was a 10% increase. Leverage 100:1.

More Questions/More Answers

Here are a few more important questions and answers. By the way, the original forum is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176083. We started this new thread (with cucurucu's permission) to focus entirely on V1andV2

Quote:

To cucurucu,

Do you run EA 24H a day? Do you take into account main news like NFP or FOMC, and switch off the EA for that time?

What is your multiplier, as if you double the position every time, the 8th trade would be 1,28 lot if you start from 0.01 lot?

And I might be wrong, but in November there was the move for about 280 pips wihout any retrace of 26 pips

Sorry for many questions, but your experience of trading with martingale EA is really important for me!

Regards!

Cucurucu: 24H a day. My PC is always on. I don't care about news with this EA. I never switch off this EA (or interfere in any other way). it is 100% automated.

Multiplier is 2, but when the account balance was around 14500, the initlot was 0.03 and the EA has a MaxLot function that will limit the lotsize to 25% of the account balance. So that sequence was: 0.03 0.06 0.12 0.24 0.48 0.96 1.92 3.62 (MaxLot=25%*14,500).

...as for the 280 pips move without retracements ... there are 26pips retracements on 22-24 nov (if you are talking about this period). Can you post the exact date(s) so I can check? I don't have much free time.

Don't be sorry. I'm glad to help the comunity. Bye.

Additional Important Questions and Answers

Quote:

Can you help, what variable in V1 and V2 influence the opening size of a position? If I open 300k account, it opens 0.5lot, if the account is 150k or 500k, it does not open any trade In the EXPERTS there is the message wich appears every second V1 EURUSD,H1: Spread=2; c=0... What the settings should be if I want the first position to be 0.1 or 1 lot?

Cucurucu: The lots are 0.01 for every 6000$ of account balance. So, if the balance is smaller, initlot will be 0.01. If the balance is 12 000, the initlot will be 0.02.

If the balance is 300k, the initlot will be 50*0.01=0.5.

For 150k the initlot is (150/6)*0.01=0.25. Which broker are you using? I am using InterbankFX and it is ok (standard account, NOT mini). Some brokers do NOT allow 0.25 lots (they allow only 0.2 or 0.3).

Please ignore the comments in the Experts Tab. The comments are there for programming and debuging purposes only.

You can't modify a variable if you want to change the initlot. You have to edit the code. However, I don't recommend to change the initlot! I know that those results are not spectacular, but I wanted this EA couple to be as safe as possible.

Think about compounding: Start with 3k and if you don't withdraw for an entire year, you will have over 20k in 12 months.

Bye.

(Mike's Comment: Some of us use 400.1 margin or in other ways are able to accept more risk. cucurucu said that he would come in next week and help us be able to change the lot size/risk for each trade.)

V1andV2 on 1 Chart

gbolla has contributed significantly to the V1andV2 EA by making this modification which allows us to only open one chart and place the Ea on it. Here is his contribution (attached).

Files:

V1andV2 for Mini Accounts

Cucurucu said: "I have done a quick modification now. Here are V1mini and V2mini. Don't use these EAs on standard accounts because they will blow up your account. They use lotsizes 10 times bigger than V1 and V2. For standard accounts use V1 and V2."

Please see attached.

Files:

V1andV2 for Mini Accounts on 1 Chart

Here is the EA combined on 1 chart for mini accounts.

Files:
v1v2_mini.mq4  6 kb

Statement for V1+V2 Mini

Here's my statement for the combined version. Wonderful!

Files:
v1v2_mini.htm  34 kb

V1+V2 5% Mini

Hello,

I just loaded this ea last night from the other thread. I will post a statement next week.

JPN and EUR look great through the spike from the NFP report..very impressive. GBP came out of it with a very large negative float so i'll drop it and stay with the other two. Looks like a interesting ea!

Account Balance

Cucurucu says:

"3000$ for each pair in a standard account

300$ for each pair in a mini account"

Reason: