V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 2

great job mikejody , thx

My Nuance

I thought I would share with you my nuance of how I personally trade the V1andV2mini EA.

I take profit every 5%, closing every open order at that time, and then start it back up again.

I learned this from a friend who is in Freedom Rocks, which, like this EA is a hedging strategy. He has taken profit every 5% and started over, and is doing very well.

So this is what I do as well, and it works really well.

mikejody:
I thought I would share with you my nuance of how I personally trade the V1andV2mini EA.

I take profit every 5%, closing every open order at that time, and then start it back up again.

I learned this from a friend who is in Freedom Rocks, which, like this EA is a hedging strategy. He has taken profit every 5% and started over, and is doing very well.

So this is what I do as well, and it works really well.

There will still come a time when the system blows up and you will blow the entire account before you are able to make back your original investment, as shown in the backtests. It appears that 07 has been good for this EA, but try 05. The fun won't last forever.

pipsweak:
There will still come a time when the system blows up and you will blow the entire account before you are able to make back your original investment, as shown in the backtests. It appears that 07 has been good for this EA, but try 05. The fun won't last forever.

This is true of typical, standard Martingale EA's, but not with hedged ones.

thnks Mike for moving us to a new and promising thread.

Pls be aware that both V1+v2, and v1+v2Mini (Bolla version), still close previous opened BUY orders when restarting the platform (tested with velocity4x, IBFX, NF and FXDD., and we would appreciate who could take a look at the code and fix it.

monik7:
thnks Mike for moving us to a new and promising thread. Pls be aware that both V1+v2, and v1+v2Mini (Bolla version), still close previous opened BUY orders when restarting the platform (tested with velocity4x, IBFX, NF and FXDD., and we would appreciate who could take a look at the code and fix it.

Yes, this is one of the reasons I opened this new thread, so that we might possibly attract the attention of a programer who can fix these little things. What we need presently are:

1. A fix to the above mentioned problem, that of closing previously opened buy orders.

2. A way for us to adjust risk ourselves, lot sizes, etc.

If anyone can do these things and post a new EA it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

mikejody:
This is true of typical, standard Martingale EA's, but not with hedged ones.

Have you backtested the V1+V2 EAs going back at least a few years? It's true for all EAs, regardless of hedging, because even if V1 were to continue to profit, the losses of V2 would still be huge or vice versa. I'm just trying to save you some grief here. You are going to be disappointed.

pipsweak:
Have you backtested the V1+V2 EAs going back at least a few years? It's true for all EAs, regardless of hedging, because even if V1 were to continue to profit, the losses of V2 would still be huge or vice versa. I'm just trying to save you some grief here. You are going to be disappointed.

While I certainly appreciate your desire to save us grief, it is clear that you have not examined the code on this particular EA.

Yes, I have tested it from 2002 to the present. It is a very profitable EA during that timeframe.

mikejody:
While I certainly appreciate your desire to save us grief, it is clear that you have not examined the code on this particular EA. Yes, I have tested it from 2002 to the present. It is a very profitable EA during that timeframe.

Here's the equity curve starting January of 02. Account blown out after 9 months.

Files:

hello mikejody

what v1+v2 ea is best for micro account?

what time frame?

thanks

Reason: