V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 58

I just sent a PM to MrPip, a respected programmer on tsd, to take a look at this EA. No disrespect to Cucurucu or other programmers who have been working on this EA, I'm just trying to get some ideas on how to get this EA back on it's feet.

Cucurucu, I'm new to programming but could you add some notes as to what each function does for example the ones below:

int timeframe = 0; Assuming that TF does not make a difference

double stopLoss = 1000;

extern double TakeProfit = 27;

string Name_Expert = "V1";

int Slippage = 10;

bool UseSound = false;

string NameFileSound = "alert.wav";

double InitLots = 0.01;

extern double Multiplier = 2; Setting this to "1" is the same thing as setting something to "false" ?

extern int D=20; Not sure what this function does

extern int MaxTrades =20; //EURUSD H1 best Max trades as in Max positions open?

double MaxLot =0.01;

extern int SL=20;

double s=0;

Any help would be appreciated.

test , test and test ..

i've made between 1000 to 5000 backtests , hundred of configuration etc. etc. with teminator, goblin, V1&V2 : in last two years no ea survive except if you accept a very low profit.

The default of this kind of ea is you can't define a fixed pipstep (ex 40 pips) . It is a nonsense. In fact , it depends on a lot of things such as volatility, correlation etc. etc.

So u must imagine a dynamic pipstep with an hedge when you become loosy.(ex : after 3 loosing trades)

So you must set up a strong algorithm to calculate the margin call... but if you do this job you can be safe with a "coupe circuit" of a 30 % of you account.

In fact , in this kind of trading method, you can have an help of fundamental : you have to watch bloomberg (etc.) to confirm your trade (with indicators of course). In example : after French election of Sarkozy , it would be suspicious to trade long the euro. The same with Yuan , china is under pressure and it would very dangerous to short the yuan etc. etc.

With a martingale system, you must accept the job of a good trader : accept fundamental (+ correlation) as a guide to enter an order with some good indicator in W1 (why not M1) timeframe and you can be safe so far.

but the setup posted in post 1 can blow your account about 3 or 4 time per year. believe me.

Sorry to hear about the wipe outs. my live v1 and v2 mini EA lives. Margin call got dangerously close, what actually happens when you hit it btw?

Anyway the only reason it survived is that it stopped doubling up at level five and .08 lots. I was at the PC and saw the break and sold a few more .02's and went down 200 pips. i then brought .16 and sold half for 27 pips. now the weekend and I still have heavy DD but i picked up a few +% on the day. hopefully it will retrace some on monday (it usually does).. just lucky i was around to watch it.

I think im going to add this EA to eur/gbp as well.

testing now on EURGBP only.. backtests and now forward tests prove that the account blows up (margin call) at least twice a year..

This method is now nearly extinct.. the strategy needs filtering like any other strategy..

Best pairs

Folks,

i have written in other EA threads of this forum(Predator-Goblin) quite a lot about my personal opinion with emphasis on the initial lotsize vs account equity to withstand the rapid moves of 200+ pips without retracement in Martingale based systems.

While the "ranging" of the EUR(USD lasted for quite some time, the latest move has almost wiped out all accounts with the used settings, posted in this thread.

I personally have gone far away from all these types of EA`s, since no matter how good your "hedging" and/or indicator for direction might be, there is no doubt, that for an acceptable account profit during ranging periods, you are risking and almost certain wipe out the account in 1-2 days with a big move.

Please note, that i have run tests on live accounts with Terminator-Predator with 10x the equity/leverage ratio posted and suggested here and did not feel comfortable trading without manually interfering before news or even during moves.( some people call me risk shy...lol)

This has saved me so far an account bust.

I have stopped, even looking at these systems a while ago, due to the fact, that there is no question if, but only when your account goes bust!

So far every effort from smart folks around the globe have failed to make any of the 10p 3 "hybrids" sustainable and safe.

Trying this EA on EUR/GBP is in general a good idea, since this pair is ranging since years, but:

Finally this ranging will end and you all know what will happen than..........

In order to make it work on EUR/GBP the pipstep interval has to be set even smaller than on EUR/USD due to the low ATR of the pair.

This will eventually blow your account even faster, because the total range is smaller and the pipvalue even higher.

I have stopped all martingale EA`s in live trading, but still test some setups in demo accounts(also EUR/GBP), but doubt that i will succeed in finding a suitable result.

Either the profit is too low, or the account gone.

At the moment I am trading manually based on indicators, which seems the only way to sustain these markets.

Sad to say, but over 30 years in the market have made me very cautious to believe that an automated "trade and forget" system can be found to make a fortune.

Happy trading for you all and thanks for the ongoing efforts of the folks in this forum.

Janus

Martingale

I never could understand why people continue to follow this method of trading. It is guaranteed to blow up your account on the first large reversal. You never know when the reversal will occur.

I have heard from several professional traders who trade 100 standard lots or more to never add to a losing position.

A much better way to hedge is the enter a trade with the trend on higher timeframe and place countertrend trade on a lower timeframe when rules apply to do so.

For example, an EA I am working on placed a buy on GBPUSD just before the pair dropped 250 pips last week. The counter trend trades made 242 pips. So the EA is now slightly in profit even though the first trade is still down 236 pips. When the current down trend reverses to up the EA will place buy trades on the way back up. with the potential to make another 240+ pips before the first trade is closed.

When I have the time I will look at these EAs. A better way of keeping people up to date on current EA versions is to post the modified versions near the start of the thread. That will save time reading the entire thread to obtain the latest version.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me to the latest versions or just send them to me in an email.

I can usually firure out the strategy from the code without reading the entire thread.

Robert

re:latest version

Here it is Mr.Pip, the latest version. Good luck and if you can make an ea

with the rules you have stated I would love to forward test it. Have a great day....Snowman

Files:

New version

Thanks snowman.

I modified the EA to be able to test the different indicators. Default is TURBO as in the version I downloaded.

For those of you who know how to use backtest for optimize, set Indicator start 1, step 1, stop 5 and the backtest will try each indicator and show which had the best results.

Robert

Files:

Mr.Pip,

Thanks for accepting the invite and taking a look at this EA. The version that I was testing out is in the first post by "Cucurucu" 2 separate EA's that run independently of each other. The version snowman posted is the latest combined EA. Cucurucu never modified his EA from post one and always insisted that we use the original to produce optimal results. I personally thing it would be easier to use the combined version which snowman posted.

Thanks again for taking a look at this EA.

Reason: