V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 50

Shinigami:
I can tell you whats wrong.

I can show you a backtest of 1,5 years with initial depo of 10,000 dollars which has profit/loss of 1,500,000 dollars

Simple breakout strategy, money management, highest drawdown is 35%.

Can you tell me whats wrong with my backtest?

I can show you another backtest of yet another system of mine, which ends up with 51,000,000 dollars. But I don't use it. After the back-test ends, it starts losing - I got it over-optimized.

If your backtest isn't over-optimized, be happy and move to forward-test and finally to real account.

Backtest isn't your goal, its just one step towards the goal. If you are happy with it, move on to the next step. And do so till you get so rich you want to LOSE money on forex

Don't worry, I have already lost money on forex

I have put this expert on my live account since three days , and I have good results for the moment.

I have just ask a professional like you to see if there's a big mistake on my backtest.

So I'll be back when I will be bankrupt...

Loom75.

Files:
gbpusdv1v2.jpg  186 kb

Impressive

forexx:
hi guys plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me

make the EA open .1 and .2 and .4 not .15 or .27 for example

i mean my trading company does not allowed microlots

and make it always start with .1 (no need to calclate 5%.........)

plz any one????

Nice statement too bad we don't know what EA it is, Looks like it buys and sells at the same level and is based on Martingale. Anyone want to take a stab at this?

Hey Forexx why don't you change brokers, looks like you have a poor broker who won't give you what you need, remember we are the customers they need us, if they waon't give you what you want flush them!

Blowing of account can be prevented with this kind of EAs, if u restart it fresh at a certain reached equity threshold.

I have yet to test this system for volatiles like GBP/JPY, if they can be used with different grid settings and TPs. If anyone has thoughts/tests done on this, i would highly appreciate it.

Shinigami:

I can show you another backtest of yet another system of mine, which ends up with 51,000,000 dollars. But I don't use it. After the back-test ends, it starts losing - I got it over-optimized.

If your backtest isn't over-optimized, be happy and move to forward-test and finally to real account.

Backtest isn't your goal, its just one step towards the goal. If you are happy with it, move on to the next step. And do so till you get so rich you want to LOSE money on forex

Can someone help me understand what "over optimized" means? Thanks

After NFP

Today's new statement after NFP

Over optimized is when you use variables that work perfect for a certain time period, but stink in another time period. You might use Dlong=14 Dshort=11 TPLong=18 and TPShort=28 -- just as an example and maybe it turns a 1000 into a million in a month. The problem is the numbers were curve fit to give the best result. Chances are the future won't work with these numbers.

I've been testing v1v2 from 1/1/2007 until 3/31/2007 and get the results I like. Then I run the same variables from 4/1/2007 until today and see if they hold up. The best variables in Q1 don't always work in the next period. So the best is to find something that works for a longer time period. For me a decent number has been bands of 20 with TP of 30, but I will publish more results later.

Minnelli

Minnelli:
Over optimized is when you use variables that work perfect for a certain time period, but stink in another time period. You might use Dlong=14 Dshort=11 TPLong=18 and TPShort=28 -- just as an example and maybe it turns a 1000 into a million in a month. The problem is the numbers were curve fit to give the best result. Chances are the future won't work with these numbers.

I've been testing v1v2 from 1/1/2007 until 3/31/2007 and get the results I like. Then I run the same variables from 4/1/2007 until today and see if they hold up. The best variables in Q1 don't always work in the next period. So the best is to find something that works for a longer time period. For me a decent number has been bands of 20 with TP of 30, but I will publish more results later.

Minnelli

Thats so interesting , am eager to know what you have been researching maybe we can optimize

Bug

Hello

nobody has realized that v1+v2 has a BUG.

Also in the Report of CROSS it has a bug,

Don't make the correct doublings...............

Ciao Massimo

Files:
bug.rar  55 kb

Reason: