V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 7

5% Feature

mikejody:
gbolla posted on the other thread a version which will close all open orders at 5%. This is the way I trade this EA personally. Here is his EA.

mikejody, cucurucu and gbolla:

I am enjoying this new thread. I am a big fan of 10pts3 but have always feared the >100 pip swings.

Can you please explain the close all trades 5% feature in a little more detail? Once open trades are closed does it automatically get back into new trades? If so, isn't this just reallocating your account automatically which really wouldn't be considered a safety feature, just a money management feature?

Am I wrong?

Thanks

UseSound Function

Can someone tell me what the "UseSound" function does? I can't forward test this EA until market opens up Sun night.

Thanks

Just to be clear, Tytian, we requested at the beginning of this thread (see first post) that this thread by only about V1andV2.

Tytian is spamming this forum in an attempt to sell his EA, which is a very dangerous, non-hedging, Martingale EA.

Tytian, please return to the other thread, if they allow your spamming there.

Thank you.

Mikejody

could you put all EAs on the firts post and the date of changes.

its more easy for all.

thanks

Could you please gather them all up, and put them in one post, then I will edit my first post and place them there.

Thanks

che:
Mikejody

could you put all EAs on the firts post and the date of changes.

its more easy for all.

thanks

Craig:
If you take the start date back one month, how much of your account gets wiped? oh...about this much...But you obvously know best.

Craig, it's not about me wanting to know best. In post 49 you said you started at the beginning of the year, so I repeated the experiment and had different findings. If I had found the same results as you had, I would have published them as well. If I take it a month earlier, as I just tried, I still don't get wiped out, which you are apparently eagerly waiting for. I think this is becoming a fruitless exchange, so i'll just admit that you're right.

zuijlen:
I would request that if people do feel the need to post a backtest that they post all information about it, not just the equity curve, and indicate the quality and source of the data used. Discussions based on backtests have until now proved virtually useless. If you feel uncomfortalble using this EA then don't. But I'm getting sort tired of these "look this will blow your account" posts based on backtests. Thank you for your cooperation and mikejody for opening this thread.

I'm not going to show the full report, because it's huge. The MQ is obviously 90% or I wouldn't post it.

I anlyzed the code for the EAs given on post #1. They are both the exact same EA, save for a few different settings. To begin with, I think it would simplify the development process if we got rid of the second EA, and simply attach settings files for the hedging part involved.

The code is also very messy. I offer to clean it up and maybe implement some of the newer features that are wanted.

Thanks!

ryanklefas:
The code is also very messy. I offer to clean it up and maybe implement some of the newer features that are wanted.

I am sure everyone who is trying this EA out would appreciate you cleaning it up code wise.