V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 63

any updates on this script?

A little contribution to this thread

I ran a lot of tests with this EA. I made some observations:

1. All versions accumulate profits regularly, provided the market does not stay too quiet or make a strong move with low volatility.

2. Some versions accumulate more than others.

3. Expected return may range up to 30% monthly (in live accounts I am using the combined version).

4. Backtests and live results show that there is a real risk of giving back the accumulated profits. You can set the risk extremely low but in this case the expected return may turn extremely low too.

In general, I came to the conclusion that any system (I tried some others) that enters the market blindly (without analysis - randomly or systematically) in essence just pays spread in the long run.

In a small live account I am still running it. I expect to turn it off when the market looks dangerous (too quiet for a long time). This is the contribution of analysis (positive or negative??). High volatility has demonstrated repeatedly to be very profitable.

Hope this helps. This system has been earning real $$ and this is the way I found to contribute to the thread.

i have also tried V1V2 and 5th element on live account but it is so unfortunate that eventually these EAs gave away the profit that they made.

We have a huge group of highly experienced traders in this forum, I sincerely hope that some day soon somebody might come up with a way to bail out from the losing trade and free both the arms to start ripping ( reaping) the profits again.

Until then......

goodluck.

QUOTE=teldon;156792]i have also tried V1V2 and 5th element on live account but it is so unfortunate that eventually these EAs gave away the profit that they made.

We have a huge group of highly experienced traders in this forum, I sincerely hope that some day soon somebody might come up with a way to bail out from the losing trade and free both the arms to start ripping ( reaping) the profits again.

Until then......

goodluck.

just set stoploss for each level,will keep your acount alive,but I don't know how to program them,anybody want help?

I think that will be a real holly grail.anyway I start to study the mql now.

some one using like v1+v2 on this link ...

www.secretsfromtheheart.com

Pair = CHFJPY

PipStep = 15

TakeProfit = 20

Regard

Running the original V1 and V2 on two charts....

I have read just about every message in this thread, and basically noticed that once the mods started, I didn't see anyone running forward testing on the original set that was posted. Has anyone just let the original set run on a demo for several weeks or months?

I'm in the process of doing that right now on a demo (IBFX) with original settings, and started with about $45,550 in the account. I started it this morning at 7am central daylight time in the US. So far it's been up and down several times, but it's up about $700 for the day.

I'm going to continue to run this for awhile without the mods and stoploss or percentage takes...I want to see how long it will be before it cleans out a $45K account.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me if they are still currently using it and was their results are.

Thanks!

colynjames:
I have read just about every message in this thread, and basically noticed that once the mods started, I didn't see anyone running forward testing on the original set that was posted. Has anyone just let the original set run on a demo for several weeks or months?

I'm in the process of doing that right now on a demo (IBFX) with original settings, and started with about $45,550 in the account. I started it this morning at 7am central daylight time in the US. So far it's been up and down several times, but it's up about $700 for the day.

I'm going to continue to run this for awhile without the mods and stoploss or percentage takes...I want to see how long it will be before it cleans out a $45K account.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me if they are still currently using it and was their results are.

Thanks!

I ran it on a live account just to make sure a long long time ago.. It made consistent returns until week 5 when it blew up the mini account completely =)

grid trading + martingale = disaster

fireeee:
grid trading + martingale = disaster

Always ...

FerruFx

Reason: