V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 4

To add comments, please log in or register
drg00dvibe
drg00dvibe  
mikejody:
Thanks Drgoodvibe. What in your opinion and testing is "small lots relative to a large account" as it relates to a mini account? In other words, what would be a good balance in a mini-account to avoid any margin calls.

Also, I use 400.1 leverage which would obviously help to withstand any possible margin call as well.

Thank you.

I am using IBFX mini account. Which means that .01 lots is 1 cent, Or $0.01. To trade at this level you would need at least $500.

Now here's the trick to the major money management of this.. at $600 the compounding will increase to 0.02 or $0.02. My Plan is to remove 50% of all equtiy that is gained in the account every two weeks.

So if I made let's say $100 in two weeks, I would remove $50 from the account and just put in a Savings account. This way after a couple of weeks you will have the money you initially invested in this strategy and you will no longer need to be too worried about a margin call becuase you're trading with money you have taken from the market.

note: this is an extremely conservative money management strategy to an extremely aggressive trading strategy. The hedging is great and really pads the account, but the martingaleing like many have said before me will destroy your account. It's not an IF it's a when..

Farzad Fallah
Farzad Fallah  

Here is my version of blessing EA. ENJOY !

removed due ask of author of thread

mikejody
mikejody  
FiFtHeLeMeNt:
Here is my version of blessing EA. ENJOY !

Oops, this is the wrong forum for this post. I think you wanted the other thread that was started specifically for the Blessing EA.

Farzad Fallah
Farzad Fallah  
mikejody:
Yes, this is one of the reasons I opened this new thread, so that we might possibly attract the attention of a programer who can fix these little things. What we need presently are:

1. A fix to the above mentioned problem, that of closing previously opened buy orders.

2. A way for us to adjust risk ourselves, lot sizes, etc.

If anyone can do these things and post a new EA it would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

so what is this post for ?????

mikejody
mikejody  
FiFtHeLeMeNt:
so what is this post for ?????

The V1andV2 EA only.

Farzad Fallah
Farzad Fallah  
mikejody:
The V1andV2 EA only.

ok , no problem , I deleted mine I personally dont like editing other programmers EAs , every programmer has his own way of coding.

I always prefer to code from scratch , good luck

Kaper
Kaper  

No trades

I cannot get either the V1 and V2 or the V1 and V2 mini to take any trades on backtest. What could be the problem?

Kevin

saintmo
saintmo  
Kaper:
I cannot get either the V1 and V2 or the V1 and V2 mini to take any trades on backtest. What could be the problem? Kevin

I have the same problem.

coolhand
coolhand  

You're not alone

I can get trades on strategybuilder but not on fxdd or alpari. I can't find the problem. Any ideas?

Kaper:
I cannot get either the V1 and V2 or the V1 and V2 mini to take any trades on backtest. What could be the problem? Kevin
mikejody
mikejody  
To add comments, please log in or register