Brazil Industrial Production m/m
The Monthly Survey of Industry – Physical Production (PIM-PF) is published monthly by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (IBGE), through the IBGE Automatic Recovery System (SIDRA), with the objective of analyzing the Brazilian industrial production data.
The Monthly Survey of Industry – Physical Production (PIM-PF) serves to verify the evolution of the industry in general, the extractive industries and the processing industries at national, regional and state levels.
Several statistics are released within a given reference period:
- Monthly fixed base index without seasonal adjustment (Base: average 2012 = 100)
- Monthly fixed base index seasonally adjusted (Base: average 2012 = 100)
- Monthly index (Base: same month of the previous year = 100)
- Cumulative Index (Base: same period of the previous year = 100)
- 12-month accumulated index (Base: last 12 previous months = 100)
- Percent change month/previous month with seasonal adjustment (Base: previous month) (%)
- Monthly percentage variation (Base: same month of the previous year) (%)
- Percentage variation accumulated in the year (Base: same period of the previous year) (%)
- Percentage variation accumulated in the last 12 months (Base: last 12 previous months) (%)
The analysis of this index refers to the general industry results, including the extractive and manufacturing industries, visualized within the following statistics in the SIDRA system: Percentage change with reference to the previous month.
The growth of industrial production may positively affect the Brazilian real quotes.
The chart of the entire available history of the "Brazil Industrial Production m/m" macroeconomic indicator. The dashed line shows the forecast values of the economic indicator for the specified dates.
A significant deviation of a real value from a forecast one may cause a short-term strengthening or weakening of a national currency in the Forex market. The threshold values of the indicators signaling the approach of the critical state of the national (local) economy occupy a special place.
Economic calendar widget for your website
Create your own calendar of economic events. To do this, simply specify its size and display period. You can freely use this widget on your websites. In return, we ask you to keep the provided code unchanged.
The Calendar data are provided as is. The economic news release frequency and schedule, as well as the economic parameters' values may change without our knowledge. You can use the provided information, but you accept all the risks associated with making trade decisions based on the Calendar data.
Use official plugin for WordPress websites