General - page 1762

Which currencies have the greatest daily movement? Or are they all about the same? Thanks!
  Time Zone  (1)
Does anyone know how to change the time zone to pacific time
Want to drop by and share this tool to all you guys. With the countdown timer, you'll be in action on time. You can say i'm a lazy man; however, it saves my brain power for trading instead of doing math on timezone, dst, volatility, etc. Use mini economic forecast online now (free) Happy trading!
hi im from greece and im begginer to forex i was trading some years in stocks but from the day that i discover the metatrader everything change now all my time pass with this so to become ready to trancation from stock to forex i have thousands of questions but yours forum every day i solve some...
How is the optimzation in the backtester used? I tried to find a post that explained it, but I didn't notice any. If there is one, could you please direct me there? Thanks.
  Ok - Frustrated  (9)
I have only gotten into Forex recently(2 weeks) and I am eager and anxious to learn everything that I can from it. Now...in the first few days, I was getting profitable trades(using demo account) and it was all looking way too easy. That was before I semi knew how to read charts and Fibonacci lines,...
I know pips are the difference between OrderOpenPrice and OrderClosePrice. I also know how to see pips on my chart comments using Ask,Bid, and OrderOpenPrice. How Can I get the total pips earned and lost from orders I have closed? Here is code I use to get my closed Profit/Loss:...
Hello Forex-TSD I have a Line Indicator, i have tried to change it to a Histogram indicator but if the time change or so it bugs Look at the pic Here you can see 3 indicator 1. Line indicator 2. Line indicator as Histogramm 3. Line indicator as BUGGED Histogramm So if i change the size from the...
Let's say I want to do a moving average on a Stochatic indicator. I know how to overlay on the chart using the "use on : Previous indicator" option. How do I get this same type of thing if I want to see the moving average in an EA? Thanks in advance
  Pj-SOB
This is my new experimental indicator... it's give you the momentum where the price change from bull to bear vice versa.. Sell when the star above the histogram and buy when the star below the histogram... But still give many false signal so... I try to combine it with Nina_Step_MA and Pj-overRSI
MT team, Please, could you synchronize the mouse wheel speed in MetaEditor to the same speed in the mouse setting Control Panel ? I mean, I would use the same mouse wheel speed in MetaEditor as this one I set in MS Windows. Thanks
I am a fan of the williams percent range - this is the indicator the Asctrend system is based on However it gyrates up and down alot I decided to tame it a bit using FXsnipers code for LSMA (credits for him are in the code) so far it looks impressive on 30 min charts with wpr period 14 1 hour even...
hi all under menu Edit (in Meta Editor) i have 2 options: - Toggle Breakpoint (F9) - clear All Breakpoints How i work with Breakpoint in MT4? thanks
hello everyone, we all love the idea of martingale, but there is no EA's that i know of that are martingale based that produce money over the long haul, i have tried with some success and have yet to conquer this beast, im very close, hopefully by sharing some of my experiences i can bring to light...
Hello, I tried close my positon at a given time this code, but it's unsuccessful. Do somebody any idea? brasil [{OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,0,0,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,0,CLR_NONE); } if (Hour()==15&&Minute()==00)...
Some time passed without adding a new tip. So here you are. The tip today will be on how to deal with stop losses and stop orders hunters. What I mean with hunters are brokers who hunt for your stop losses. I have received many emails from people who use to follow the up with my live trading orders...
Is there anyone out there who has witten (or can write) an indicator that will add the price of two pairs together and plot the sum of the two prices as a line on the chart. I'd like to be able to add the sum of AUD/$ and CAD/$ and use it as an indicator. I promise I'm not lazy, I just don't know...
I have picked this up whilest trading with one of those bucket shop brokers(not Meta based). The coder stated that by building the EA to calculate the SL and TP on the client side, you reduce the risk of being spiked out of trades. The logic is that instead of pre-sending your orders to the broker....
I'm starting to learn Forex from fxcm.com and it's interesting, but there is one thing that my brain just doesn't want me to understand... it's a real basic thing: -A buyer wants the price to go up -A seller want the price to go down To me this doesn't sound logical, because normally a buyer wants...
[Deleted]
Hey, I've got a question for some really good metatrader programmers. In my EA, I switch between timeframes depending on a function. If the EA determines I should be using the 15 minute timeframes, then it calls on RangePrefetch() right after start(). If I should be using 1-hour charts, then the EA...
I get message in a pop up window that says file has been damaged or a unknown error has occured
Is FXIgor on this board Igor Toshchakov ? I was wondering, because I just discovered the following book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Beat-Odds-Forex-Trading-Percentage/dp/0471933317/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/103-9396629-1404626 Well, if yes, I would buy it right away...I am very interested in the TSR...
Hi, I've been working on a system and I'm in need of an EA that will close all orders (active and pending) as soon as a profit target is hit (lets say 30 pips, or an $ value). I'll be running a set of EAs for my testing so this EA should close all orders regardless of magic number. Anyone seen such...
MetaTrader 4 data files is under 'history' directory, such as usdcad1.hst is 1 minute chart usdcad5.hst is 5 minute chart usdcad15.hst is 15minute chart usdcad60.hst is 1hour chart usdcad240.hst is 4hour chart usdcad1440.hst is 1day chart usdcad10080.hst is 1week...
can anyone help me with how to place an alarm to an indicator. im looking to place an alarm on the following indicator when it moves from above the candles to below the candles and vice versa. PSAR ( Parabolic SAR)---which is the indicator in all mt4 platforms any help is appreciated--thanks
And another question, I have a function and I want to switch the timeframe used in the variables depending on the value of another parameter. if((MathAbs(FastTrend-SlowTrend)<RangePoint*Point) && (TFTime!=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1))) { RangePreFetch();...
  Metatrader 4  (2)
Hey all, I am new to forex trading and came across recommendation that metatrader is the best or one of the best trading software. I would like to know how do i use metrader long term, is there some subcription invloved. I am using the demo version now. And the charts don seem to be moving at all
[Deleted]
Hey guys I'm have some frustrating problems and I need your help. I have a function and I want to switch the timeframe used in the variables depending on the value of another parameter. if((MathAbs(FastTrend-SlowTrend)<RangePoint*Point) && (TFTime!=iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M15,1))){ RangePreFetch();...
i'm trying to write my own EA, but ran into confusion extern double TakeProfit=25.0; extern double StopLoss=20.0; extern double Lots=0.1; ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,10,StopLoss,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"pip-catcher SHORT",12345,0,Red); ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask...