General - page 1757

Guaranteed Hedge  (31   1 2 3 4)
Hi everyone, I have thoght of an idead for hedging which can take care of huge drawdowns and still come up with a profit. I have tested it manually but want an EA for it. I don't want people to steal the idea and leave me waiting for the EA , therefore i need your suggestion as to what is the best...
Hi, I want to know highest for each day. So i wrote this code: int start() { int i, begin_bar; double high_value; begin_bar=iBars(NULL,PERIOD_D1); for(i=0;i<=begin_bar;i++) { high_value=iHigh("GBPUSD",PERIOD_D1,i); Print("HIGH = ", high_value); }...
I have an EA that I want to trade only certain times of day. The EA is designed to trade only between 18 and 23 GMT and 0 to 9 GMT, but I can't seem to get it working correctly. I can get it trade between 18 and 23, but it won't generate any trades between 0 and 9. Here is part of the code:...
  Custom
Hi all, I would like to ask if there is custom take profit script. I know that we can set T/P at 10 pips at MT4 but I'm looking for a script that execute exit at any pip such as 2 or 3. I found one but I've deleted it since I cannot use it. Try to compile it back but still cannot use it so I delete...
The development of MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE is at full speed. According to our lead developer, Denis Mezentsev, the mobile terminal is half ready. By the present moment, the following components have been realized: MarketWatch, trade history, alerts, mailing system, and news. Tradefunctions and charts...
Banks Set To Open Hi-Tech Forex Trading Programs To Funds 29.03.07 16:03:00- BNEU By Katie Martin Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES LONDON (Dow Jones)--In what is looming as the next big trend in foreign exchange markets, more banks are expected give out their 'secret weapon' computer-based trading programs...
hi folks, ive been looking into MT and EA but having a hard time go get a grip on the coding thing... my interest lies into testing a simple (?) EA for a 5min to 15min tf on USDCHF with an Parabolic SAR...i want to test different SAR settings and different entry rules within the european and part of
New MetaTrader 4 Build 203 has been released. What’s new: 1. Corrected drawing of object FiboFan based on closely-located anchoring points. 2. Tester: Added checking for pass counter overflow in optimizer. 3. Tester: More economical use of memory when generating a testing sequence. 4. Tester:...
I am trying to profile which of my functions are taking the most time. This is what I am doing right now but I am wondering is this the best way? void DoSomething(){ datetime Start = Time[0]; datetime End = Time[0]; Print(MathAbs(Start-End));} Thank you For your Time EK
I have a function/subroutine that returns a string. The string could range from a few bytes to almost 200Kbytes. Initial testing shows that if the string is small (less than 200), the function works properly. but when the sting is big (>4K ~ 170K), a simple int size = StringLen(data);Comment("Size :...
  Todad's Focus  (2)
http://www.forexmarketwatcher.com
I have a system that is quite promising in backtesting on other platforms; it needs to look at the closes of the previous 2 bars and then execute a trade at the close of the current bar. It also needs to close any open trades at the close of the current bar. Is it possible to both open and close a...
Hi, I'm curious to chat to anyone who has been seriously attempting to optimise their trading systems and very interested to know the sort of results they've managed to get. Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if optimisation is a bit of a fallacy? The reason I'm suggesting this is as follows....
setting #property stacksize doesn't help. What's the reason?
MT4 crashes on me, when I change timeperiod. I am not able to isolate what specifically causes this crash. Anybody able to assist here? This is the crash message>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There has been a critical...
Hi, I have some test code below and it is driving me crazy because it should work but doesn't, so I must not understand how arrays functions work in MQ4 What I think I am doing; Create a Single Index array with 10 elements Pass that array to a function Resize the Global Array by 1 Index Copy the...
This is the name, under which we published on MQL4.community the report about the survey we made among our mobile traders. The purpose of the survey was to know about opinions of real users of the service. We were interested in getting to know what traders thought of our mobile terminals, whether...
Does anyone have an indicator that will plot the daily open price for today and past days going back in history? Thanks
I would like to be able to categorize/organize my various EA's & CI's into subfolders within the treeview node hierarchy in the "Navigator" Window. Perhaps the node structure would correspond to actual directory structure (within the experts or indicators folder) on disk. And have a "Create New
  Ban Member = Forextrades!!  (16   1 2)
Newdigital (or forex-tsd admin) I see that you have not permanently banned the guy Forextrades https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://www.forex-tsd.dev/trader/forextrades This is scandalous! This guy, Forextrades, defrauded $5000 out of the members of this forum on this thread: https://www.mql5...
  small account vs. big account  (27   1 2 3)
It seems to be very easy to get pips based on news trading style. It is reasonable to get fast execution on 1 lot. My question is: What about 100 lots trades? Do you get partially filled? What is the maximum recommended lot trade size? If this is not the place for this thread, please move it to the...
Hello, Does anyone have any idea why this indicator doesn't work? It loads and then simply never refreshes with new time bars. It's the same on any time frame. I'm using MT4.0 Build 203 Very perplexing. Thanks for any help. #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers...
[Deleted]
anyone know how to get the total of each buy, sell, buystop, sellstop, buylimit and sellstop by the script? mean OP_BUYSTOP always stay at 4 order, if miss one of OP_BUYSTOP order, delete and order again all pending order. no of OP_BUY for(int j=OrdersTotal()-1;j>=0;j--) { OrderSelect(j...
Hi, I am trying to find someone who would be willing to work on a auto-trading program on the MT4 platform. It works well through visual backtesting, but I need to definetly have someone able to backtest the actual system to historical data. So far, the system posted about 3500 points in the last...
  Setting Orders  (1)
Hi Im trying to use Metatrader and am having a problem I use price action and pivot points I want to set orders to BUY or SELL following the direction of the price. For example the current price of cable is 1.9653 I want to set a BUY orde if the price reaches 1.9660 and a SELL order if the price...
Hello, MT4 used to add a "[tp]" to the comments when my trades reached their limit. Now, when they reach their limit, it adds "[tp/a]". The person on the phone at my broker doesn't know -- she claims it is my EA putting it in :) Just curious: Is this a change you made at metaquotes or is this a...
I have this simple script that simply displays the TimeLocal() directly on the chart: int start() { //---- ObjectDelete("CLOCK"); ObjectCreate("CLOCK", OBJ_TEXT, 0, Time[5], Bid-5*Point ); ObjectSetText("CLOCK", "!", 20, "Arial Black", EMPTY); ObjectSet("CLOCK", OBJPROP_COLOR, Yellow); while
Do you know indicators which determine if it is a "trade zone" or not ? I know only one - "noise to signal" indicator. If you know more, please write them here... 10X !
  Bug? Build 202  (3)
Hi, I've discovered a possible problem with the Envelopes indicator which I hope you can help me with. I've created a quick test Expert using the following code: int start() { // Envelopes double upper = iEnvelopes(NULL, 0, 20, MODE_SMA, 0, MODE_CLOSE, 0.15, MODE_UPPER, 1);...
Helo friends, i am brazilian and my english is horrible - Could anybody do 2 stochastic in the same chart? Stochastic 5 Min and Stochastic 15 Min in same chart or Stochastic 15 Min and Stochastic 30 Min in same chart , etc Very thanks pep