General - page 1767

Hi, When I do a visual BT, I can stop it and attach an indicator to the chart. Is there a way for such an indicator to access the BT History (the Result tab), instead of the real History of the account ? Thanks...
Hi, I am trying to get a hold of a full 4h AUDJPY history file for 2006-2007. I have tried downloading the full thing from meta but I get a gap for October and November. I know this is an issue and so I went online trying to find it elsewhere. I have found that Alpari's databank used to contain an
Hi Slawa, I really appreciate the time you have given me. I try to give back by sometimes giving information to others. Do you have any information for me on these two open items?: "Can I detect a deposit posting to the account???" "Getting Account Information: Commission Rate?" Thank you...
Hello, If an account has been set up to have a 1/2 or 1 pip commission rate, is it possible to get that information in an EA? If not, does the OrderCommission() function return a value on an order that is open, i.e. on an order that is not yet closed we can determine the commission that was charged...
What caused the spikes in all markets at 8:00? interesting
Hi, I need help again. ---------------------------------- int time2 = 5; //used timeframe double derivation=2 ; // derivation double Bollinger,BolValue; Bollinger = iBands(NULL,0,4*time2,derivation,0,PRICE_TYPICAL,0,0); BolValue = iBandsOnArray(array[],0,derivation,0,0,0);...
I'm having trouble with an indicator I made. It is really simple, only a few lines. What I want it to do is place indicator lines on the price chart which show when RSI is above 70 or less than 30. Can anyone see an obvious problem with the following code? // RSI Alert Indicator, lower than 30,...
Hello Everyone, Can anyone tell me why the EA doesnt trade off the signals from the indicator ? And offer any code fixes? My Understanding of how MQL works and how ticks and bars are triggered and code executed must be flawed. Here is the Test EA
  Click  (3)
I am sitting here tonight just thinking. Thinking about this thing we do called trading. Why do we do this. Spend endless hours working on strategies and programming. I, as I believe so do most of you, get certain stages where I just don't know why. I watched the Adam Sandler movie "Click" the...
hi i have (maybe a simple) question if i attach 2 MTF stoch indicator in one window and add a 20 and 80 level to each of them then this two level have different values. if i attach a 3. MTF Stoch indicator then it will be again another 80 level, same with 20( and all other i think) is there a reason...
Have been searching for audible alert indicators for all moving average crosses, can anyone help with information
Hello, I'm trying to run totals on the closed trade history for all orders that opened after a certain datetime. I thought I would save program cycles by working backwards through the history, starting from the most recent closed trade and going backwards, like this: // step backwards through...
Now, you can display image attachments inside the content of any post (without creating thumbnails).
Currently, I have an Custom Indicator that compares prices of 3 (or more) pairs at specific time, ie: compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:00AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:05AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD at Feb 20, 10:10AM, compare GBPUSD, EURGBP and...
I'm on eastern time (USA). My Oanda account chart starts on Sunday in the afternoon. When does MetaTrader start the chart activity and where is the primary source of the data feed? How do I set my beginning day to match the data feed? Thanks for the help. MCR
Hello, Is there a way to return all active symbols in MQL code? Thanks, Matt
Hello. Here is an index indicator. Can anybody make that: I can write into this 2 currency index. for example: EUR and GBP ( x, y) The formula: (1/GBP)*EUR (1/x)*y Sorry about my bad english. Pls someone make this indicator, it will be good for analyse divergencia. Thx Zoli mindex.mq4
I'm new to the FX. I am looking for a way to get rich slowly. I have been searching and searching and reading 1000s of posts. I really like this forum. I want to hear from people who know - the old school traders who have been around since I was born, or the FX people who are making a living...
Hi there, I would like to know how to get some indicator in MT4 such as bollinger band width, directional movement index and detrend price oscillator. Thanks
Hello, i kind like want to do back testing my manual strategy. The question is, can metatrader 'replay' past data bar per bar... as i seen in eSignal... maybe with Prev and Next button. because right know i use mouse to scroll past data.. i hope there function for process like 'go to date' thx
My apologies for this simple question from someone new to this piece of SW. I have excellent internet connections and no problems with them. But, the MetaTrader tool, after a while, just stops updating the charts. Nothing I can do seems to bring it alive again. When I refresh a chart the log says...
Hi, In spite of my research, I did not find a detector of triangle for MT4. So I try to code this... But I've a problem, I use ZigZag indicator to detect last peak or trough but I do not know how to use it. It is very easy to know the value (ZigZag) of the last bar (with iCustom) but I want the last
  Multi pairs  (16   1 2)
Hi I am making an EA based on more than one currency pair. But I can't get it to work. I want to read ex. MA from EURUSD and trade on GBPUSD. double dSMA=iMA("EURUSD",30,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); double dSMA=iMA("GBPUSD",30,21,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); Is this correct? Is it possible? I can't...
Hello, Like everyone else, I started trading with the prospects of a lucrative income. After spending most of the last year on various forums, trying EA's on demo accounts, and finally opening a live account -- I've come to the conclusion that I will simply be throwing money away if I don't humble...
  Solo! and insisting to be that way...  (69   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
This EA forced me to call it Solo because, for some reason, it just refuses to trade if there are any open trades in the terminal... e.g. manual trades and/or trades executed by other EAs - even if they are in other currencies. If there are no trades and the conditions are right Solo makes its move
Hi, I am trying to get a hold of a full 4h AUDJPY history file for 2006-2007. I have tried downloading the full thing from meta but I get a gap for October and November. I know this is an issue and so I went online trying to find it elsewhere. I have found that Alpari's databank used to contain an
As you all know the MT4 comes with an inbuilt EA named moving average. I knew this is no good otherwise people would not have been here in TSD. I backtested this EA for 2006-07 with 90% modelling quality and it gave it 2179 pips LOSS. Only change I made was setting Max Risk at 0.05 instead of 0.01....