General - page 1894

Hello! I just recieved a new PDA for xmas - HP IPAQ RX1950 with Win Mobile 5 - I tried to install MT 4 mobile using both the PDA installer and the PC installer however once it is installed and i click on "try it" the application just closes and does not stay resident! I was wondering if anyone else...
When I run MT4 cpu usage is minimal, until I run my first backtest -- at which point it starts have 85%+ cpu utilitization. This continues until restart of the app -- even after the backtest has completed and I have closed the Strategy Tester.
What is the best way to include sockets in MT4 code? Do I need to write a DLL, or are there other soultions available?
I am using MT4 version 4 build 186. When I Sell 4 lots of a currency in one order at the same time, I can add a Stop to protect all of them either at the time of the order or by ammending it immediately after. What I want to do is then scale out of the posn by Buying back each Lot at sucessive lower...
  100 pips  (291   1 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30)
Hi, Happy new Year everyone. Can someone give me a snippet of code, that will delete a un-used buystop/sellstop order? For example, the ea I use, places a buystop order and a sellstop order, 10 pips away from the current price. If one of the orders(buy or sell stop) is filled, I want the other...
Shall Metaquotes add an Compliler option in destop edition Metaeditor? for example: When Compile the custom indicator in metaeditor. we can choose to compile it to a windows mobile version custom indicator, such as "abc.mme" (mobile metaquotes executive). and then we can transfer the...
ObjectCreate("link",OBJ_TREND,0,Time[1],PRICE1,Time[0],PRECE2); ... Because the parameter n used by Time[n] cannot be negative. so how can i shift the trendline object rigth to beyond the most recent bar?
I have indicator what sends signals. And I want to know how will I recive signals if my computer was turned off how then I can recive signals what was sent?? Example: I are off from home for 24 hours and when I am back then how will I get know what signals was sent by my indicator???
MT4 build pre187. InterbankFX feed. Feed disconnected and reconnected while charts are blank with only "waiting for update" on display. This seems to happen to Alpari as well lately. What's going on???
In the backtester, if I have more than 3 opened positions, the following code return always the OpenPrice of the first one, not the last one. Idem for OrderLots(). Is this a bug or some misunderstanding from my part ? Thanks for the help ! for(cnt = 0; cnt < OrdersTotal(); cnt ++) { if...
Hi Is there a way to stop an EA, like a 'stop' command? I see there is the IsStopped( ) function that looks if it is stopped. I want my EA to stop or 'switch off' if the last 3 trades have been losers. The method I plan to use is to put a static bool variable. Thanks
Gud DaY gUYS! Im looking for realiable and stable fx broker. i only have 200 USD and id like to invest it middle of the this month. im also comfortable using MT4. so basically i need broker which has an MT4 software platfrm, allows min. acct. bal of 100 USD, and preferably can trade in small lots ex...
  Reliable Data for MT4  (12   1 2)
Is the data feed from IBFX reliable for a life account? Does anyone have an life account other that Alpari or IBFX?
I finally found a MT3-style super-bug in the MT4 backtester. Remember how in MT3 an stop/limit order placed at an invalid price would be accepted as a market order? Well MT4 fixed that, but they forgot to fix the same problem with modifying existing stop/limit orders. So until this is fixed (I've...
  Ask  (11   1 2)
Dear Codersguru, is it possible an alert when ''ang_Amp_ZZ'' changing direction?? Tks vm in advance.
I dont know how to create expert in MT4 that can read text file that will have 2 positions: 1.Some text: " Position details 2189-2570-?-?-? Flat "("2189,2570, and Flat" could change for example:"1789,1890,Inverted Flat" I need to get 2189 and 2570 at expert only. 2.Some text: " Position...
  Alerts  (2)
First of all happy new year to all you pals in this great forum, with full health and hapiness. Exceptionally, Newdigital and Codersguru, if i may say so, we owe too much to both of you. Just wonder, is there any alert for MACD cross?? Also Codersguru, is it possible an alert when ''ang_Amp_ZZ''
  Why...  (1)
Hi guys, I noticed that some of mq4 indicators change their values after the previous bar is closed. For instance:SHI_SilverTrendSig. Can anybody explain this? THANK YOU REGARDS
Hi I work with 2 brokers that use MetaTrader 4. I would like to export the data from both brokers in real time to Excel sheets. Is this possible to do with 2 brokers at the same time and if yes how can i do it? Thanks Eric
Hello Slawa, Hope you had nice Christmas. I have not been able to solve this problem for 6 months. Can you please help me do it ? Here is problem. Lets assume we have 49 orders open: Order 1, Order 2, Order 3, .........., Order 50 (Order 17 is not open). I want to write code so that program...
Could somebody help to write the following indicator? Input PreviousHigh(PH),PreviousLow(PL),PreviousClose(PC) , Output: CDP=(PH+PL+PC)/3 AnalysisHigh1=CDP+(PH-PL) AnalysisHigh2=2*CDP-PL AnalysisLow1=CDP-(PH-PL) AnalysisLow2=2*CDP-PH Mark AH1,AH2,AL1,AL2 in chart for reference. Thanks in...
Hi, I am a newbie. I need help in writing an expert. I want to initiate a buy/sell based upon a condition of an indicator (I am not sure whether it is possible to combine both IND/EXPERT in one MQ4), and set profit-taken at 25 points, and from there I want the trailing to be initialized for 15 point...
  Testing Problem  (2)
Hi, I've tested my latest strategy and get nice result, but I wonder why equity is growing up, and just for the end balance is grovng up also. The most proftables trades are on the end of raport. Is that normal? Or is it just an issue of MQ strategy tester?
My OrderSend() usage is currently as such: OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 1, PRICE_MEDIAN(1), (3*Point), (PRICE_LOW(1)-3*Point), 0, "Outside Up ORDER", 0, 3, Green); while under testing I recieve the following message in Journal "15:59 Key Reversal: symbol name for OrderSend function must be a...
I manual trade and I notice I can set the default on the number of lots I buy/sell, but how do I set the default for Stop Loss / Take Profit so I don't have to waste time entering the numbers in manually? Thank-you in advance.
  Z-Z1 indicator  (3)
During every week I used only the Z-Z1 indicator and had resulted and the result was very good I am sending the indicator to it so that it can analyze better. It would like that it used them in graphs of 1 hour. The idea is the following one: the Z-z1 is the pointer that forms the blue small balls...
  How to use volume indicator  (89   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Volume is simply the number of shares (or contracts) traded during a specified time frame (e.g., hour, day, week, month, etc). The analysis of volume is a basic yet very important element of technical analysis. Volume provides clues as to the intensity of a given price move. Interpretation Low
Hi all, I am writing an automatic trading system on a website using Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, MT3APIDotNet.DLL and mtapi.DLL. With an InterbankFX demo account, it works fine when using my local host (on PC). Sometimes, I saw a problem "Invalid Socket Handle" when trying to run this...
Hello, Let's assume we have 4 different order open. Let's name these orders, Order1, Order2, Order4 and Order5. I want to write some code so that we firstly scan through all opentrades in trade terminal and then if Order 3 is not present in the trade terminal, then we do some action. So code...