Lucky1.1 - page 4

stace:
So what Time is better to trade? and what settings better???

Please test it on differrent chart/accunt/time frame/servertime/...

and send use your best setting !! it's for the evolution of future 'Lucky' version!!

ak97052d:

Please test it on differrent chart/accunt/time frame/servertime/...

and send use your best setting !! it's for the evolution of future 'Lucky' version!!

dont really believe in backtest

stace:
dont really believe in backtest

Correct, all prices between M1 price periods are computer generated, so for an EA like this, backtests are worthless!

You need tick data - which Metaquotes have made sure you can't do since they removed the 'Recalculate' tab...

omelette:
Correct, all prices between M1 price periods are computer generated, so for an EA like this, backtests are worthless! You need tick data - which Metaquotes have made sure you can't do since they removed the 'Recalculate' tab...

Agree.

I will just let it on forward test on eurgbp

Here's my backtests on EUR/USD - TF M5 - 1999 - 2007 but in 3 parts because my PC is not very strong. (Version 1.2 dmbsys)

Same parameters for EUR/GBP - 1999/2007

Files:

dmbsys:

thanks for the backtest!

please send use (attach) the 'detailled report'

(where can I found 1999++ data? )

What broker would even support this EA?

Looks amazing, the profits are crazy, but 1000 lot size, and a TP of 2?

I wouldnt mind trying this EA on a live account, if you guys can find a broker...

dmbsys:

Please post your modified version EA (with OpenHour & CloseHour)

thx.

pmafia:
What broker would even support this EA?

Looks amazing, the profits are crazy, but 1000 lot size, and a TP of 2?

I wouldnt mind trying this EA on a live account, if you guys can find a broker...

No MT broker would support these, ECN's would.

But Backtests are completely irrelevent with this type of EA. First the data is computer-generated, so in no way accurately represents real ticks. Second, and more crucially, the Backtester takes no account of lotsize - trade 0.01 or 1000 lots, it all the same to the backtester, they are instantly accepted and filled as valid trades. This does not happen in the real world, irrespective of the huge liquidity that is always being quoted. I have often watched single lots being incrementally filled over the course of several seconds with InteractiveBrokers (who use the base-currency itself, not lots). Now consider this real world scenario with 1000 lots...

I am not suggesting you cannot trade these 'pippers' profitably, all I'm saying is that backtests of these type of EA's are completely worthless!

Reason: