General - page 1769

1. Why some MT4 brokers don't allow their clients to use EA on the MT4 Terminal ? 2. How to avoid those brokers ? 3. What other main ( important ) MT4 features should I check before to choose a MT4 broker ? (for example: MT4 live update) Thanks
i am looking for an indicator to use on an EA that only modifies the last value of the current bar. I do not want one that repaints. thanks
When updating from build 201 to 202, everything works fine until the last step. When I click the button to re-start, MT4 re-starts but opens back with the update screen again as if the update never occured. Any ideas to fix this?
  SPLIT in report  (2)
Hello Somebody can inform on what it is "Split" and "partial close" in report off Metatrader .... Profit Comment -9.00 Split from #2403290 1.00 partial close Thanks
  Fire and forget  (4)
Is there a script that does the following: If price equals A, set (buy or sell - a bool function) order at price B with a tp and sl Is it possible to write one if you haven't got one similar?
have the economic predictions been on the home page for awhile? if so, i have just noticed them. i was wondering if anybody has been demo or live trading its suggestions? if so, how accurate or they at predicting future economic releases? any feedback please
I have an EA that backtests very well in MT3. I haven't worked very much with MT3 in the past, so I'm just curious as to how accurate the backtester is? This particular EA trades on the daily charts, and it uses stops and t/p's for exits. Does MT3 look inside the bar?
After testing an EA, let's click the button "Open Chart" in the Tester window. For this chart, using a script, how to get the second string line in top-left of this chart. The line with the EA's filename. This line is not a text object, so it's not in the list object. EXAMPLE OF THIS 2ND LINE...
[Deleted]
Hi, h-c is the bearish power c-l is the bullish power I would like an indicator that shows the moving averages of h-c and c-l....In the setting window we will choose the average that works best I use it in some softwares but I don't know meta lanuguage THANKS
When maintaining trade platforms, sometimes I encounter some unexplainable errors. Most of the time, a complete reinstall does the trick. However, it would be nice if I understood how to use the diagnostic tools. Does this trade system have any that I'm unaware of? For instance, I maintenance...
Please help me. I'M find : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175809 Posted by : Kaspirano Could was helped by you I to do posting your indicator here
  Looking for EA  (7)
Hello all I am looking for an simple EA that places trades buys or sells based on the MACD . Does one like this already exist I would like to use it on the 15 or 30 min timeframe
  PiPCracker  (23   1 2 3)
Hallo please test for me my DayTrading - PiPCracker! the EA works fine with EUR/USD with time 15min,30min and 60min! I have nice results with different history data(alpari,metaquotes)! daytrading_-_pipcracker.ex4 bullbear.mq4 fx_fish_2ma.mq4 here a sample Please checked my EA and said me , is this a...
Hello, Sorry to post this question here but I am so disappointed with this metatrader 4 application: I have read all article that I could find on the tester module and am trying to just do backtest of an expert advisor, for example the demonstration code MACD sample. I have first downloaded EURUSD...
[Deleted]
After investigating the grid trading method ForexForSmarties and Freedom Rocks I decided not to trade this way. As it seams when the trend changes very large drawdowns will demand a lot of trading capital. You can use my MT4 ForexForSmarties tools, to see if you come to same conclusion. FFS_Hedge_v2
How many EA's can I run at one time. I can only seem to get one account on each broker to work?
Hi, dear all: I would like to know: is there any tool that will offset the time hour inside an .hst file and generate a new .hst file? I have a time zone mixed up problem here: My broker is FXDD, its history data are not enough to do long time backtesting, so I must import Alpari history data for...
Problem: 1) after drawing many object in a chart, when change to high level period chart, it looks densely. 2) to set the object's visualization in the "object list popup menu" one by one is troublesomely . Suggestion: * in the object list, add a checkbox column -- "visible in current period" when
  Vista  (1)
Will MT4 work with windows Vista? I am getting a new computer with Vista installed. Thanks.
I have done a search on Google as well as the forum here. I am looking for a broker which allows trading of ZN futures, or CFDs of ZN futures using a Metatrader broker. Thanks, Meza
This new thread started by Quantitative Trading System aims to gather various psychological experiences of forex traders around the globe as he or she engage the market. The philosophy behind is to help each other become a professional trader through an open and unconditional sharing. Kindly post...
Hello, Can you shed some light as to what is the expected name of a file with daily historical values according to the CSV2HST converter example you posted on another thread: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| usage 1: csv2hst SSSSSSSP.csv...
  Trading Psychology  (30   1 2 3)
This thread aims to gather the psychological experiences of a forex trader as s/he engage the market so as to help each other become a professional trader. Kindly post your experiences on how to overcome the following: (1) Fear of Trading leading to no trading activity at all. (2) Greediness leading...
how about making the strategy tester be able to work with manual backtests aswell ...when u run it(especially in visual mode), to be able to place manual buy/sell orders. for me this would make MetaTrader an almost complete trading tool.
Hello all I need to have a candelistick indicator like the one made by Stev Nison for Metastock . have you got any idea about that Regarding
hi, somebody was selling a system which using a compiled version which have the Forex-TSD trademark attached on it when i open the file using notepad. other code i cant see since its all in symbol (compiled version) i knew this person was selling a system that uses free stuff available here and i...
I wish to know if there exists a lost of forex trading contest websites like fxsol.com I wish to join one of them on a demo account and test my new EA.
Look for any print statements in your indicator code and edit them out!
I want the bars to appear solid as shown in the pic, anyone help please
I am rather new to hedging, but have traded Forex for a while... Here is a question? Do any of you trade a hedged pair, such as EUR/USD - CHF/USD when the two pairs cross on an overlaying chart? Look at 02:00 on 2/15 on the document. Looks like it may be profitable, but have to take action when the...