Swore2 Move Capture high ATR system - page 9

Hi, just downloaded the EA again from the first post. I'll forward test. M1 is still what it works on, correct? or M5?

All I can say is the recent market has not been kind to this method...

Is there a way to trade less and filter the higher probability trades out? with a trend filter? or a secondary filter conducive to this ATR method?

Can we use microlots with IBFX? and should I be using the defaults on M1 or M5? and only the EUR/USD?

ES

swore2:
Hi,ElectricSavant,

For the current settings. StopLoss=15 and TargetPrfit=6, and test result is : Profit ratio=74.74 and lost ratio=25.26.

you could find that 74.74-(25.26*15/6)=11.59, that is the real profit ration is greater than lost ratio for 11.59% !

This is the best ratio that i found, so i think it's the best settings for this EA. Have you any other suggestions ?

ElectricSavant:
All I can say is the recent market has not been kind to this method...

Is there a way to trade less and filter the higher probability trades out? with a trend filter? or a secondary filter conducive to this ATR method?

Can we use microlots with IBFX? and should I be using the defaults on M1 or M5? and only the EUR/USD?

ES

OK, i will try some filters.

Yes, you could use microlots, only set lotsize=0.01.

I suggest you to use on M1 chart and only the EUR/USD.

swore2,

I did not expect your response. My respect is growing for you..I regret that I do not have any answers or can be of more help. I just do not want to say anything specific without knowing...I can only guess.

It is encouraging to hear that the entry on the M1 for the EUR/USD with this sort of stop to TP ratio works well historically...

Thank you again for this EA.

ES

P.S. For some reason the demo accounts are off on IBFX over this weekend...They do not ban users if they have too many demo accounts do they? my 5 live accounts are on...but all of my demos are off (17)...no connection...not that I need it...there is no trading...I have four computers and two isp's on a dual wan router.

swore2:
OK, i will try some filters.

Yes, you could use microlots, only set lotsize=0.01.

I suggest you to use on M1 chart and only the EUR/USD.

Wow..

five winners in a row! in 4 hours!

ES

Make that six! and flat at the moment...waiting for the price to rise up to a sell limit. (This system trades in reverse from what I am used to) It also appears when the market cooperates it CAN make money...I am not used to that either!!!

ES

P.S. It is really nice to be able to get flat and not carry float for a long time...this system is refreshing...

See what I get? two SL's in a row after the last post...Can't win for losing..

ES

ok...three winners in a row...I can afford one SL....

I Swear!!! ok I got the SL...

Folks you really got to load up this EA and try it...after the last SL, I have 5 wins in a row (this time they were more selective and there was more fishing and cancelled tries in between the wins)...sure the occasional SL hits and its big but overall I think that when the market cooperates there is a winner EA here..I get strings of wins and have not seen more than two consecutive losses...

This works 24 hours around the clock with the default inputs on the M1 and I cannot discover any time filters to improve it...it just works all of the time..but it can be a bad boy at times...

ES

P.S. I might even take this live, but I need some more forward testing first...Now watch...I put a Kibosh on it and will get three SL's in a row!!!

i have also had good luck with this ea

Has anyone tested this on other pairs , i relize its only for Euro

but I have had gook luck with the euro and i would like to look at others

Reason: