Trading Systems - page 120

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, It's been a while now that FxOverEasy system has been pointed out as potentially profitable system at strategybuilder forum. The system takes long-term trend, short-term trend, volatility, and other important factors into account in order to generate entry and exit signals. Download...
So at 7am for me (right now 15:00GMT) something happens, this is the second time its happening, and I'm pretty sure its no coincidence. Does anyone know of any big news reportings at this time? The euro just shot up again and did the exact same thing yesterday at the same time. Let me know, this...
Hello everyone, i've been having fun with my CCI and really liked the idea of using it as a breakout system. I would set the CCI to 450-500 either one is good on a M5 frame. This actually gave excellent results except that when the price crossed the CCI it would usually tremble on the line so -2,-3...
This is a very simple EA that goes long on the cross of the EMA 5 above the EMA 34 and goes short on the cross of the EMA 5 below the EMA 34. Since the EMA 5 is very close to the current price it will tend to catch the longer term moves. Also, I have noticed that the EMA 5 cross of the EMA 34...
Surely everyone has noticed some things when studying systems and charts. But not always that observation is put into a system. Sharing such observations can be useful I think. Just small and insignifictant tips that you normally wouldn't start a thread about.
JMA crossovers ... nuff said P.S. although you need to have an engine that dynamically selects the lookback for both entry and exit, also fast cci is very helpful in determining the strengtgh of entry and exit
What type of trailing stop method works best for you? a] a fixed 5 pips trailing stop. b] a 10 pips stop that starts to decrease after the profit target is reached. c] a stop based on ATR. d] Time based. e] some other method you want to share. Personally I'm thinking about a combination of b and c....
1] Find a major fundamental announcement at it's time. In this example 8:30 EST. Time is extremely important in this system! 2] Open a (1-minute) charts of the country involved. -> EURUSD 3] At 8:29 EST find the lowest low and highest high over the last 2-8 candles. -> more candles is less false...
  Price Action (5)
Hi guys, Based on this Price Action will be very nice to create some Expert. We have many programs for Meta they are using oscillators, signals, etc. but Forex is price movements. All the info you can find: https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.nqoos.com/Buffy_Price_Action.htm What is your opinion...
Well I hope it's a cashcow. Visual tests are very promising. I use 1 day EURUSD. Wait until the bar (a trading day) closes. If High-Close<0.0015 then take a short trade with a 25 pip target. If Close-Low<0.0015 then take a long trade with a 25 pip target. We just lay in a market order on the...
  Very smooth MA without lag (27   1 2 3)
https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.justdata.com.au/Journals/AlanHull/hull_ma.htm Complete with pictures and examples. It's not a system or strategy but it maybe it improves some system performance.
Schaff cycles system: You must have the indicator schaff (which is in the metatrader yahoo group ) It woks on 1 hour charts This system works with schaff cross, when schaff crosses it line 20 or 80 ilook the candle on the chart and i call her a "cross candle" Open buy: Schaff crosses above its line...
  BOM Strategies (Needed) (15   1 2)
Hey everyone, I was wondering while going back to BetOnMarkets if there are any strategies that could work there for very small amounts of profit (about 5% profit per bet) which is already more than enough if you get a strategy that works close to 100% of the time. So what I am thinking is something...
Hey everyone, I've been following this thread a bit on moneytec (https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14293) and I was pretty amazed by the results. This is suppose to on the beginning of the New York market and European market. Here is the link to...
  Profitable experts. (21   1 2 3)
For the last few months have been live testing a lot of public experts , for metatrade 3.83 generally, non of them were bringing a stable profit. Not a huge, just stable. So here is a question, does someone ever saw, or tried a public profitable expert advisor ?
Just to inform people, I tried out this idea that was published by fxengines, with a 1.5 pip spread (Oanda) and it does not work. Personaly I think it is totaly bunk. And possibly fabercated. The numbers I got where no where near what they published. In fact most of the numbers where negitive, lost...
  Backtesting a Scalper (14   1 2)
Hello everyone, this is also a bit directed to scoprion, im trying to change the CCI I've ben working on into a scalper where there CCI opens the trade, and then the rest plays out with a trailing stop or take profit (not sure right now). BUT I don't know how I am suppose to test it since there is...
I made this expert to go after TakeProfit pips and risking StopLoss pips after a divergant bar is formed (Bill Williams, Profitunity). It does not make money. But perhaps someone here can get it to work. Steven
  Filtering (4)
Hello everyone, I need some help in this, I tried one way with the Moving Average to filter out some bad moves, but this can probably be resolved another way I just can't think of anything right now. Everything is explained in the picture attached. Thank you in advance
  Bunny Cross :) (10)
Hello, I coded the basics of the Bunny Cross strategies on Trade Station, just for fun Need some improvements because I've omitted some of the Bunny rules, but the strategy seems to performing well with the filter I used If someone like to test it and improve the code I'll be glad to share it. I...
Hello, I'm testing a strategy using TS2000i, I'd like to know if someone like to backtest the same strategy using TS2000i just to compare the results and talk about the performances. I've got the ELS file with the functions and signals needed to be imported, I'll give you the instruction to build...
Hello everyone, I posted about a week ago about an indicator I thought was pretty nice. Well I used that indicator and asked someone to program it for me. The results seem very good and pretty interesting. I am right now running it on a demo account to see how it goes, just right now over the...
  Nice Indicator (17   1 2)
So I've been tweaking around with indicators while on vacation in france. Since I had no internet I couldn't check if anyone ever used this indicator or not. What I am using right now is the CCI (Commodity Channel Index) indicator. It seems to be working like a charm, revealing most big moves about...
  Scalping (21   1 2 3)
What doy you think of scalping? Are you aware of some good scalping techniques?? ( if you are, i hope you'll share )
OK, first is actually a question where maybe you don't have to be a programmer to answer: Does anyone know of a MACD for metatrader. I have been trying to use the MACD Sample but it is in no way what I am looking for. So if there isn't now you have to be a programmer to be able to do this. I have...
  Gbp/usd (2)
What is your prediction? Will it touch 1.8000 before October 14th at midnight?
Yesterday i thought, how do you think , is it possible to predict the next bar on , for example a eurusd h4 chart? wil it go up, or down,or something like that.
Well here is something I have been playing around with in Visual Trading through the CMS broker (which keeps going offline sadly). I am wondering if anyone knows how to transfer this to MetaTrader. I can only give you the VT specs. Seems to predict big moves very well. Small losses from time to time...
  Metatrader program (24   1 2 3)
eh..... nice to meet you all, did some one here know how to write a indicator program for metatrader ? I have found a indicator call Sideways Channels Exploration, but I don't know how to write :confused: you can see the detial at this website : https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.guppytraders...